test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry is up!

lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Party party!
I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
Post edited by lolsorhand on

Comments

• Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just came here to make this thread. It's about time!

Mod Update: Updated Monday, 6:30 PM PDT: The Foundry Editor is back up! Thank you for being patient with us as we corrected this issue.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Of course it is down all weekend while I am off work. Then it comes up while I am working. Oh well, I am excited to get home tonight! :) YAY!
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just came here to make this thread. It's about time!

Mod Update: Updated Monday, 6:30 PM PDT: The Foundry Editor is back up! Thank you for being patient with us as we corrected this issue.

Was just heading to bed, and now.. Just no. FOUNDRY! *Dances*
    I like turtles.

• Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank God.. *goes back to working his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off*
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dammnit... thought I was going to get this GF to lvl 60 too.

Edit: but I do get to fix all the problems that were netting me 1-3 stars on my newest quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, is everyone here going to realize those amazing plans they've been talking about the past 3 days?

Get to woik!
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was almost happy about this until some MORON just down-voted my newest quest for being too easy, despite the fact I DID include a hard mode. Why should I bother making the sequel if my work is always going to be crapped on by the devs, other Foundry authors, and the general community? I'm so fed up with this, I may have to take a break for the sake of my health.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I was almost happy about this until some MORON just down-voted my newest quest for being too easy, despite the fact I DID include a hard mode.

If he's a moron, why do you care what he thinks?

Seriously. If it's not your core audience, you should not care. If it's a moron, you should not care.

It's like you're worrying that somewhere, someone on the Internet is WRONG dammit, and you've gotta make it right. You don't.

I'm not picking on you with this statement: you complain an awful lot. Not everyone is going to think you're a special snowflake, and you really have to get some internal resistance to the morons in the world (read: anyone who disagrees with you :) ). Learn to let things go. I've said this before: The biggest mistake you can ever make in most things in life is trying to please everyone. When it involves any kind of personal creativity where you are your own client, learn to please yourself above all others.

If the customer is always right, just remember you are your own customer, buckwheat. Chin up, stop whinging, get back to work!
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vuelhering wrote: »
    If he's a moron, why do you care what he thinks?

Seriously. If it's not your core audience, you should not care. If it's a moron, you should not care.

It's like you're worrying that somewhere, someone on the Internet is WRONG dammit, and you've gotta make it right. You don't.

I'm not picking on you with this statement: you complain an awful lot. Not everyone is going to think you're a special snowflake, and you really have to get some internal resistance to the morons in the world (read: anyone who disagrees with you :) ). Learn to let things go. I've said this before: The biggest mistake you can ever make in most things in life is trying to please everyone. When it involves any kind of personal creativity where you are your own client, learn to please yourself above all others.

If the customer is always right, just remember you are your own customer, buckwheat. Chin up, stop whinging, get back to work!

You're right, sorry, I guess I can't please everyone, but I tried awful hard, which is why <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that stings so much when it hits my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drasi1615drasi1615 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glad to see it is back up I was wanting to finish up my second all weekend and finish up typos repair in first.
    Total quest published 1 working 1

1st NW-davgj3437
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I was almost happy about this until some MORON just down-voted my newest quest for being too easy, despite the fact I DID include a hard mode. Why should I bother making the sequel if my work is always going to be crapped on by the devs, other Foundry authors, and the general community? I'm so fed up with this, I may have to take a break for the sake of my health.

It happens. Don't let the haters get to you.

I liked the quest and glad to see you settled on a normal length at last.

There were some real fun mechanics there. There are a few points that could be tightened, in some of the dialogue, and the last boss, I aggroed another group, so it got a little hairy.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    It happens. Don't let the haters get to you.

I liked the quest and glad to see you settled on a normal length at last.

There were some real fun mechanics there. There are a few points that could be tightened, in some of the dialogue, and the last boss, I aggroed another group, so it got a little hairy.

Thanks dzogen. You're very encouraging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay now that I'm done getting my daily hissy fit bonus I can start being happy about the Foundry being back for my daily optimism bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone else getting terrible lag?

I cant edit with it being this bad and freezing every few seconds...
    This started before they took it down too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting terrible lag?

I cant edit with it being this bad and freezing every few seconds...
    This started before they took it down too

I had some pretty horrible lag spikes earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Foundry's definitely chugging for me right now.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »
    The Foundry's definitely chugging for me right now.

I had them earlier, now they are gone. (Earlier as in before foundry went down.)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    oggbroxoggbrox Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    thank god.. *goes back to working his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off*

this is it, bro!
    Quests I like to share:

A CURIOUS DISAPPEARANCE by Sphecida: NW-DDLEOFL2Q
    A CRY UNANSWERED by obsidianw0lf: NW-DGNBAX3RD
    SIEGEBREAKER by ash4all: NW-DGDPWV2U5
  • Options
    fyendiarfyendiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Yay for it being back up, just too bad they didn't use the downtime to fix the foundry characters so you can test more easily. Ah well, maybe in a few months or so...