test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

things in the air

demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
1) is it possible to spawn in an object in the air and have it fall to the ground?

2) is it possible to have an item hang in mid-air and sort of bob and move slightly so it looks like it is floating?
-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
Post edited by demiurgerealm on

Comments

• Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, and no.

/10 characters.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    NPC's/Encounters will drop to the ground when they spawn. Objects won't though. Gravity only applies to living creatures in D&D apparently. If it applied to all objects though it would pretty much ruin a lot of great maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1) is it possible to spawn in an object in the air and have it fall to the ground?

2) is it possible to have an item hang in mid-air and sort of bob and move slightly so it looks like it is floating?

Well you can't spawn it in the air and have it drop, but you could spawn it in the air after objective A is complete, disappear when they interact with it and re-appear on the ground directly underneath where it originally spawned. Maybe give it a cool magic or sound effect and it will be believable.

As for the second question I know you can do this with an NPC changing their contact settings, but to my knowledge you cannot do it with an object as of now at least.
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise