test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is considered a "Healing Ability"?

nibbnibbnibbnibb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
So Linked Spirit seems to be the Feat that holds everyone together now, but I have questions on what it (and Healer's Lore, Sooth, and Healing Action) really works with and thus are considered heals. As people respond with what is considered healing, I'll update this list (for as long as the forum allows me to).

Astral Seal - Hit Points (not a heal)
Sunburst - Heals
Guardian of Faith - Heals
Healing Word - Heals (Divinity mode only)
Soothing Light - Heals (Divinity mode only)
Forgemaster's Flame - Heals (Divinity mode only)
Bastion of Health - Heals
Astral Shield (Divinity mode) - Regenerate (not a heal)

I'm assuming the powers below do not work since they add temporary hit points instead of healing.

Sacred Flame - Temporary Hit Points (not a heal)
Divine Armor - Temporary Hit Points (not a heal)
Post edited by nibbnibb on

Comments

• scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It has something to do with the Green letters. If the power tooltip uses green letters for the word Heal then it should work with any feat that uses the same format. For instance, you'll notice that Healing Word only uses green letters for it's divine mode. Normal mode is considered regen. .. I think, can't check right now.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For Cryptic a healing ability is every ability that heals except for most of the abilities that heal. Cryptic right?
    You know, that's what they love about their company's name.

On a more serious note. Healing abilities: Healing Word, Bastion of Health. Now there are other healing abilities that are or aren't considered healing abilities in a very random manner depending on the feat/feature it affects: Soothing light, Sunburst, Divinity Astral Shield, Divinity Forgemaster's Flame, Astral Seal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    About the Astral seal... it triggers the linked spirit if , after you cast it, damage the marked target with an encounter in divine mode.
    for example, mark an enemy and try damage it with divine daunting light
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    adruken wrote: »
    About the Astral seal... it triggers the linked spirit if , after you cast it, damage the marked target with an encounter in divine mode.

I'd have to test this, but that could be pretty useful on bosses, usless against trash unless you can proc it off of SB
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wait you can still proc the Link the SB quick change right ?, i dont have link spirit at the moment but after the patch, i still had it and tried it and "I know it still proc'ed on casting SB in normal then quickly going into divinity does making it count as a heal in divinity mode"
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    adruken wrote: »

Idk about now, but before the patch, we could share Linked Spirit just by healing somebody with astral seal when we were in divine mode