test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance your game, fix bugs and fix boss fights.

healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
DC have no proper group heals and a -40% heal debuff, they are useless in my eyes. Most of the CW feats don't work. Half the set bonus for armor doesn't work for most classes. Boss fights are all just an aoe/add spam with the same strategy every time. BoP concept is stupid, just fix all the goddam skips and glitches in PvE. After the second boss in castle never, it gets way too slow and boring without the skip, you know the huge place to the left where it almost tells you, "come here its safe" its not possible to miss it and seems like a real, legitimate skip they put it. Because nobody wants to fight 100 boring, repetitive adds. GWF, TR, and GF seem fine. Right now DC and CW are broken, in a bad way, so please fix them, and fix the boss fights and set bonuses and the feats and the horrible thing you call pvp, make separate PvP nerfs than from PvE and also upgrades to some classes who really need it, like DC.

The main issue here are the broken feats, powers, armor sets, lame boss fights, and disgustingly useless devoted cleric heals, other than astral shield which already kinda sucks now. Solution for DC? Easy. Make FF have a high AOE effect, because really, are the control wizards and clerics going to be beside the enemy all the time to get the heal effect? Take off righteousness, make sunburst and healing word heal slightly more. Also, is bastion of health a joke? I hope all clerics are using AS, FF, Sunburst for PvE and sunburst for the AP buildup (ofc in some boss fights you can change this). And for PvP I like to change sunburst for healing word or any other skill to stun/debuff enemies. Fix cleric, fix control wizard, fix boss fights, fix the set bonuses, feats, and powers and then the game will be playable.

/end rant
- to anybody who used to enjoy this game
and doesn't want to see it slowly die out :/
Post edited by healsareop on

Comments

• coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are just going to have people blindly claim the game is fine, and support the developers mistakes. Don't bother.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are just going to have people blindly claim the game is fine, and support the developers mistakes. Don't bother.
    That's what I'm afraid of, not like anything I said was attacking the game itself though, just the bugs and class balances, etc. I don't know how one could possibly disagree. That's like following a corrupt government, and its sad because some people will.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More like the point of these posts should be directed towards DEVs us as players already know the state of the game, know that there are bugs and so on. So why not make a bug report, or address the DEVs themselves?

Maybe I am missing something here. Maybe game doesn't have a way to report bugs? If that's so I'm sorry. If there is, then these posts are only to anger other players or push them into direction you think they should be going.

So do you want us to stop playing the game?
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Instead of just listing what you think is wrong, list an issue and a recommended solution. Not just a "fix this, fix that" rant.

Feedback is good, nonconstructive "game fail" posts aren't.

For starters, try posting here - Gameplay, Combat, and PvP Discussion instead of in General...

Make your list a list... Use indents and spacing for maximum readability.
    Don't be totally negative like with your "zomg DC patch fail / broken" thread last week, where you basically invited all the anti-fanboys to post their seething hatred...
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The righteousness debuff should disappear (-40% heals on yourself). No other class gets a class feature that is a debuff.

Also buff the heal from healing word, sunburst, and bastion of health (and reduce it's cool down).

Make recovery actually affect healing word as well.

Give clerics a new class feature that is not a debuff to replace righteousness (not sure what this would be though, thoughts?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game's fine as long as you can craft many, many pairs of pants.
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    More like the point of these posts should be directed towards DEVs us as players already know the state of the game, know that there are bugs and so on. So why not make a bug report, or address the DEVs themselves?

Maybe I am missing something here. Maybe game doesn't have a way to report bugs? If that's so I'm sorry. If there is, then these posts are only to anger other players or push them into direction you think they should be going.

So do you want us to stop playing the game?
    No I don't want anyone to stop playing the game, I've brought over 20 people to this game and enjoy it a lot. These are a LIST of DIFFERENT bugs, character balance, glitches, etc that can't be all reported. Think positive.
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Instead of just listing what you think is wrong, list an issue and a recommended solution. Not just a "fix this, fix that" rant.

Feedback is good, nonconstructive "game fail" posts aren't.

For starters, try posting here - Gameplay, Combat, and PvP Discussion instead of in General...

Make your list a list... Use indents and spacing for maximum readability.
    Don't be totally negative like with your "zomg DC patch fail / broken" thread last week, where you basically invited all the anti-fanboys to post their seething hatred...
    No, this isn't for hatred of the game or devs, and I'm posting on here because its a variety of issues which needs to be addressed immediately, it does not fit there. Where did I say the game fails bud? And stop trying to teach me how to type, this isn't a formal essay, go outside will you?
    The righteousness debuff should disappear (-40% heals on yourself). No other class gets a class feature that is a debuff.

Also buff the heal from healing word, sunburst, and bastion of health (and reduce it's cool down).

Make recovery actually affect healing word as well.

Give clerics a new class feature that is not a debuff to replace righteousness (not sure what this would be though, thoughts?)
    This. Exactly this.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    DC's are in a pretty good place balance wise for PvE atm.

For PvP not so much.

Time to adapt and change from the strategy of 2x astral shield and facetank everything.
    edited June 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    DC's are in a pretty good place balance wise for PvE atm.

For PvP not so much.

Time to adapt and change from the strategy of 2x astral shield and facetank everything.
    I agree but still, other heals need a buff and righteousness needs to be taken off. Besides, what kind of class has a mechanic that debuffs them by 40%, think about that people.
    edited June 2013
    No, this isn't for hatred of the game or devs, and I'm posting on here because its a variety of issues which needs to be addressed immediately, it does not fit there. Where did I say the game fails bud? And stop trying to teach my how to type, this isn't a formal essay, go outside will you?
    The fail part was more directed at the second poster.

THIS thread isn't full of hate. Your other thread was fairly full of it, maybe not from you, but from the anti-fanboys.

This may not be a formal essay, but it's much easier to ready a nicely formatted list than a wall of text.

As far as where it belongs, that's up to the mods to ultimately decide, but I see mostly gameplay issues. And none of them will be addressed immediately, as it takes time to code and test.

I wholeheartedly agree that the debuff to the class should be removed... Maybe it's their attempt to balance the class for PvP?

I wouldn't mind them getting things a little closer to 4e rules...
    edited June 2013
    The fail part was more directed at the second poster.

THIS thread isn't full of hate. Your other thread was fairly full of it, maybe not from you, but from the anti-fanboys.

This may not be a formal essay, but it's much easier to ready a nicely formatted list than a wall of text.

As far as where it belongs, that's up to the mods to ultimately decide, but I see mostly gameplay issues. And none of them will be addressed immediately, as it takes time to code and test.

I wholeheartedly agree that the debuff to the class should be removed... Maybe it's their attempt to balance the class for PvP?

I wouldn't mind them getting things a little closer to 4e rules...
    Well I did space it out to two paragraphs for a reason, rather than a real wall of text. It's not that hard for anyone to read a few sentences is it? Anyway, my point is, devoted cleric and control wizard need to be fixed, mostly devoted cleric right now, and a lot of bugs/glitches need to be fixed, also the enhancement stackings, etc need to be looked at. BTW, not only righteousness, but FF, healing word, sunburst, and BoH (even if it's buffed I don't see people using it unless they improve it a lot, and I mean a lot) need to be buffed, come on, lets get real, especially in PvP.
  • coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I see is idiots typing ADAPT! It's true you can adapt to everything, you can adapt to living in the desert with one drink, and 1 piece of bread. Doesn't mean you should.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    I agree but still, other heals need a buff and righteousness needs to be taken off. Besides, what kind of class has a mechanic that debuffs them by 40%, think about that people.

It only debuffs self heals. Dont see what the problem is since you shouldnt be getting spanked as much anyways with the new threat updates.
    edited June 2013
    Well I did space it out to two paragraphs for a reason, rather than a real wall of text. It's not that hard for anyone to read a few sentences is it? Anyway, my point is, devoted cleric and control wizard need to be fixed, mostly devoted cleric right now, and a lot of bugs/glitches need to be fixed, also the enhancement stackings, etc need to be looked at. BTW, not only righteousness, but FF, healing word, sunburst, and BoH (even if it's buffed I don't see people using it unless they improve it a lot, and I mean a lot) need to be buffed, come on, lets get real, especially in PvP.

I think because of the companion system, they need to have skills function differently in PvP / PvE.
    If you buff healing up to acceptable levels for PvP, then in PvE, healing + cleric companions may make it easy mode? (Once companions are fixed too LOL.)
    edited June 2013
    It only debuffs self heals. Dont see what the problem is since you shouldnt be getting spanked as much anyways with the new threat updates.
    Trust me, you still get threat, and this is mostly for PvP.
    I think because of the companion system, they need to have skills function differently in PvP / PvE.
    If you buff healing up to acceptable levels for PvP, then in PvE, healing + cleric companions may make it easy mode? (Once companions are fixed too LOL.)
    Lol.. well I don't think I'll be playing this game till I see some updates, they move my thread but don't respond funny.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013

GF has a class feature ability that is actually counter-productive and make them waste time in a 2 seconds animations for almost nothing, does it counts? :P

But yeah, on a serious note, it should have been "Allies receive 50% more healing from your healing power" at the very least. It would make more senses for a class feature, it's like giving a class feature to the wizard saying: "You won't be able to survive a boss hit in T2"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You will have that, but I know many people that exploited the crud out of the game, are sitting on mountains of AD, and don't play anymore due to boredom.

I hate to see all that AD sit idle and it will drive prices up every major patch as they come to see what the changes are all about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    GF has a class feature ability that is actually counter-productive and make them waste time in a 2 seconds animations for almost nothing, does it counts? :P

But yeah, on a serious note, it should have been "Allies receive 50% more healing from your healing power" at the very least. It would make more senses for a class feature, it's like giving a class feature to the wizard saying: "You won't be able to survive a boss hit in T2"
    LOL, love this! :)
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^.^ Only issue I have had was with the giant sword class thing. forgot it's name. Died so much in first 10 levels I was about to quit so I rolled a wizard and was happier with the game. I have no clue what is broken on that other class but it just wasn't my cup of tea to play a weak pathetic hero type. I like feeling heroic in games wizard delivers that for me :)
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DC have no proper group heals and a -40% heal debuff, they are useless in my eyes. Most of the CW feats don't work. Half the set bonus for armor doesn't work for most classes. Boss fights are all just an aoe/add spam with the same strategy every time. BoP concept is stupid, just fix all the goddam skips and glitches in PvE. After the second boss in castle never, it gets way too slow and boring without the skip, you know the huge place to the left where it almost tells you, "come here its safe" its not possible to miss it and seems like a real, legitimate skip they put it. Because nobody wants to fight 100 boring, repetitive adds. GWF, TR, and GF seem fine. Right now DC and CW are broken, in a bad way, so please fix them, and fix the boss fights and set bonuses and the feats and the horrible thing you call pvp, make separate PvP nerfs than from PvE and also upgrades to some classes who really need it, like DC.

The main issue here are the broken feats, powers, armor sets, lame boss fights, and disgustingly useless devoted cleric heals, other than astral shield which already kinda sucks now. Solution for DC? Easy. Make FF have a high AOE effect, because really, are the control wizards and clerics going to be beside the enemy all the time to get the heal effect? Take off righteousness, make sunburst and healing word heal slightly more. Also, is bastion of health a joke? I hope all clerics are using AS, FF, Sunburst for PvE and sunburst for the AP buildup (ofc in some boss fights you can change this). And for PvP I like to change sunburst for healing word or any other skill to stun/debuff enemies. Fix cleric, fix control wizard, fix boss fights, fix the set bonuses, feats, and powers and then the game will be playable.

/end rant
    - to anybody who used to enjoy this game
    and doesn't want to see it slowly die out :/

Same OP making the same whiney threads every day. Last one, (which is currently right under this one in the listing) failed hard so hey why not spam up the forums w the same thread some more just word it differently. Quit this game. You're obv not built for this young bull.
    INB4, INB4