test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

game performace

pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
how come i have better config than recommended one and my game runs in 10-40fps not even in full details - got same fps on low and best quality -.-

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
8192MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

everything is updated :D
Post edited by pr0mote on

Comments

• Options
    kagetempestkagetempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Protector's Enclave... is for whatever reason exceedingly hard to run and I have no clue why. When I am in any normal dungeon, I usually run it at 60 FPS, yet when I go into protector's enclave... I am lucky to see 20.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is it not because absolutely everyone, ever, is idling in PE, whereas in a dungeon it's just you and four other dudes?

In terms of things to replicate from the server, and hell, just to render, PE is going to be more demanding.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Is it not because absolutely everyone, ever, is idling in PE, whereas in a dungeon it's just you and four other dudes?

In terms of things to replicate from the server, and hell, just to render, PE is going to be more demanding.

sometimes i have better fps in PE than in dungeon lol :D
  • Options
    iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    i dont know if your on a laptop but if you are you HAVE to set it up to use the discreet graphics. neverwinter isnt in the game list for auto using nvidia cards when your laptop has optimus tech
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i dont know if your on a laptop but if you are you HAVE to set it up to use the discreet graphics. neverwinter isnt in the game list for auto using nvidia cards when your laptop has optimus tech

already did it, still feels like im playing on the integrated gpu :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    did some research, forced game to run on nvidia - average 30fps, after that forced it to run with integrated intel hd3000 - average 30fps its not my hardware fault it seems
  • Options
    animaonlineanimaonline Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pr0mote wrote: »
    did some research, forced game to run on nvidia - average 30fps, after that forced it to run with integrated intel hd3000 - average 30fps its not my hardware fault it seems

I seem to have exactly the same problem with Geforce GTX760M , any updates on this issue?
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Read a thread but can not find it now where some dropped down to DX10
    instead of 11 and had bettwer FPS but then issues with alt tabbing.
    May give that a try and see if it helps.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I saw that also. I run Radeon and fine except on heavy load PE. Then change instance to low pop one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic games have a history of being more CPU intensive than usual. I know on my laptop it gets very hit in a short period of time, at which point it tries to down-throttle the CPU to lessen the buildup of heat. Is it possible that this is what you're seeing?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    krholbrookkrholbrook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've only found most of my lag problems in PE, where everywhere else it's all fine. Curse all those commoners, all wandering about mindlessly! There have been some spots when everyone is close together in a dungeon and spells start exploding from every which way that'll spaz my computer a bit, but other than that everything's peachy.
    ~ Mindflayer ~
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I seem to have exactly the same problem with Geforce GTX760M , any updates on this issue?

Wow quite the necro
  • Options
    vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    Still, the problem is not affecting everyone, so the servers are not likely the main problem for the OP.

Many things can affect performance. Drivers are a big factor. Sometimes newer ones work better, sometimes older ones work better. I have an ATI card and am not having any issues. Maybe there are some issues with the Nvidia drivers.