Dubble Trouble - 2 Reviewers.

2»

Comments

• Options
    annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Pool of the Dead
    Would like to see numbers removed on interactabled, but enjoy the humour. Perhaps I do enjoy looking through a pile of trash for holy water? :P
    Notice a patrol that moved a bit too fast.
    Ingame review:
    Keep on building on this, and it might/will become something really fun. Liked the humour, and the obvious fact that it's a hack n' slash. Nitpicks here and there but the foundation is solid. (Wouldn't mind more details :) )

Thanks! I'll add double checking the patrol speed to my list.

I knew about the interactables. :( Just have to wait for the blasted editor.

I do need to add a few more details. Bugs, cobwebs, trash, rubble, maybe a few minion spiders for annoyance value. Oh, and lighting needs work - since I didn't do any yet beyond the default.
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2

Like the humour, the combat seems balanced. Though would like more details on the map.

Ingame review :
    Great fun, though I want to see more work on the details on the map. The dialogue/story was entertaining. And it did give me a few chuckles. Good job all in all :)

I liked the fact that I didn't have to find the book to continue. (Off to sleep because I'm tired so was a good choice, would have searched the book if i wasn't lol.) The humour was obvious as was the inspiration but it gave me a chuckle so I can only say a job well done on that part.)

Though I would like to see the area build up in more detail, perhaps even add a few areas? Not sure how far you want to go or how much work you want to put into this but you could easily make a few areas to cover the jokes and such. (But I realize you might want to keep it short, or short-ish.)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    annadruvez wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll add double checking the patrol speed to my list.

I knew about the interactables. :( Just have to wait for the blasted editor.

I do need to add a few more details. Bugs, cobwebs, trash, rubble, maybe a few minion spiders for annoyance value. Oh, and lighting needs work - since I didn't do any yet beyond the default.

I liked the simplicity of the quest, basicly a classical evening DnD adventure lol. (If the group isn't into the whole campaign thing. Mind i've never been a real DnD fan. I've kept myself to the Swedish, Drakar och Demoner. Which is a more deadly and less combat encouraging experience. More weight put towards decisions/RP, since you can be a master swordsman and still get killed by a lucky/unlucky arrow. )

But now i'm off to sleep. Let's hope the foundry is up by the time i wake up lol.. Doubt it though.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I liked the simplicity of the quest, basicly a classical evening DnD adventure lol. (If the group isn't into the whole campaign thing. Mind i've never been a real DnD fan. I've kept myself to the Swedish, Drakar och Demoner. Which is a more deadly and less combat encouraging experience. More weight put towards decisions/RP, since you can be a master swordsman and still get killed by a lucky/unlucky arrow. )

But now i'm off to sleep. Let's hope the foundry is up by the time i wake up lol.. Doubt it though.

Let's hope. BTW, re-ran mine just now as a sixty. Works just fine from a combat view. (As a CW. Your mileage may vary.) I really hope the Foundry comes up tomorrow. I'm almost twitching with the need to work on this now.

• Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm back. Fun night doing these, thanks for all your efforts.

NW-DLEWTKWKD Riddles in the Dark. Might be better to shift Towards Neverwinter backpack out of the circle. Found it more by accident than any clues.
    Liked the maps and dialog was informative (especially the No Swimming heh. I was going to go into water just to see but I figured it would be fatal). Enjoyed the plot line.

7th part in Journal (head towards neverwinter) and objective Leaving The Camp, could probably use a better clue or explanation. Or Not. Just talked to everyone and enabled backpack, but not sure if everyone would do that. Maybe add 3 conversation links to the story in this area.

Next section is Head Neverwinter but map is named differently (go to should match name – head to Brethren ?). And once there, I got thru to the Chase Them Down ok, but more by instinct than any clue as to what to do. (Hard to judge clue/info handouts. Some people like a pure delve without a lot of direction, so really a toss up as to how much info to give out).

Overall fights were fun and balanced. Only mob issue I ran into was trying to gather the letter. Stayed in combat for a few minutes until wandered around some. Suspect something went into the scenery and was untouchable.

Part 2 The Bloodied Letter. Interesting puzzle questions. Loved the maps. Lot of time spent in there it looks like. You have to be on better drugs than me though, I had troubles following the flow in a few places. Interesting but too spacey for this old guy. (my dreams are simpler, and usually involve Jack Daniels, so less colorful heh heh).

For those reading this. Do not take it wrongly. This is a great delve, especially if you are tired of the normal slash and hack sort of thing. What it is not, is follow from point A to B. Go in there with an open mind and you will be fine (or not, depends on your dreams heh heh).

Keep up the good work. Will watch for more.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    NW-DNHUS45KC Already reviewed this one. The puzzle palace thing. If review did not take let me know and will wander thru it again.

NW-DC4WODWS9 Shadow Weavers Good story/lore content. Immersion was easy. Mapping looked good and gimmicks worked well.

NW-DDMMIKYTB Paradise Lost (already out of review stage ? Did anyway) Good map usage and atmosphere felt right (weather/sound). Lab Gateway has interesting interaction (might steal that lol). Fun delve.

NW-DKK9FFFON Ninja Road. Add objective to story to polish it (remove Go To Next Map default with gate call or something).
    Looks interesting but will need to do another time. Foundry Delve alt is a GF and has no jump skills, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    NW-DLTS5X6T0 Pool of the Dead.
    Level 25+ rated area. Got past the mob (26's) in front of the door with my lvl 18 GF but just barely. However, once inside the mobs scaled as normal. Maybe make a mention of level issue when (if ever) Foundry returns.

Found the map to be rather bland. Crypt could use more scattered junk or something.

A no dialog or interaction quest may seem lame but the sad fact is something like this will appeal to a lot of folks who are just looking for a quick 15 minute tic for their daily. I will go so far as to say your quest will probably get played a lot more than any I ever make, at least with the current state of the foundry and the need for a fast Daily encounter.

Well there they are. A night of reviews. Keep up the good work folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2

Like the humour, the combat seems balanced. Though would like more details on the map.

Ingame review :
    Great fun, though I want to see more work on the details on the map. The dialogue/story was entertaining. And it did give me a few chuckles. Good job all in all :)

Thanks for the review!

If you found the book, there are a bunch of really, really bad riddles. I mean, so bad only your 5-yo nephew would laugh, but they make sense to the story.

One of the things I tried to do was offer multiple ways to complete things. When the objective says "get past the doorway", that means you can either appease or fight the Knights who say Ni. When you get to the other side of the bridge, you can actually use lara croft acrobatics to get there instead of fighting the Black Knight.

I really appreciate your comments!

I'm looking at making the forest a bit more dense, so it feels more populated. I've run into issues, though, since I'm around 1450/1500 possible details in the environment. Thus, the castle is so sparse. I'd like to have ivy and such, and lots of details to fill it out, but I'm really limited using a large outdoor environment. What was I thinking? :)

Again, appreciate the review!
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    (Ran it with my GWF.)I liked the combat, just thought it was abit easy at times, or abit of the same. (But I liked it, it's just nitpicks.)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    NW-DLTS5X6T0 Pool of the Dead.
    Level 25+ rated area. Got past the mob (26's) in front of the door with my lvl 18 GF but just barely. However, once inside the mobs scaled as normal. Maybe make a mention of level issue when (if ever) Foundry returns.

Found the map to be rather bland. Crypt could use more scattered junk or something.

A no dialog or interaction quest may seem lame but the sad fact is something like this will appeal to a lot of folks who are just looking for a quick 15 minute tic for their daily. I will go so far as to say your quest will probably get played a lot more than any I ever make, at least with the current state of the foundry and the need for a fast Daily encounter.

Well there they are. A night of reviews. Keep up the good work folks.

Yeah, been planning to move the entrance, but hadn't gotten around to it when the Foundry went down. It's yet another thing on my list. /sigh/ That, more clutter, lighting, sound, object names.... I am just about ready to scream about the Foundry being down because I can't get in there and DO anything about it!

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

• Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oldrper wrote: »
    Move your spawn point to solid ground. While players will tend not to get stuck on their first trip into a zone, the engine does a bad job of placing the character on return visits if they exit/reenter.

Note: I'm totally stuck here... can't move.

Yikes. I think I forgot to set an elevation >0 for the spawn point after I moved it on the walkway. I'll have to fix that when the Foundry's back up. Thanks!
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »
    Yikes. I think I forgot to set an elevation >0 for the spawn point after I moved it on the walkway. I'll have to fix that when the Foundry's back up. Thanks!

(Sorry to hijack this thread. @neomys99... did you find the pm i sent you?)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    NW-DLEWTKWKD Riddles in the Dark. Might be better to shift Towards Neverwinter backpack out of the circle. Found it more by accident than any clues.

I might just do that, I'll look into it.

Liked the maps and dialog was informative (especially the No Swimming heh. I was going to go into water just to see but I figured it would be fatal). Enjoyed the plot line.

Well you can walk in the water, even take a few shortcuts through it. But at your own peril. - Also the AI on the follower is, abit sluggish so might take a few seconds to get her to follow you up.

7th part in Journal (head towards neverwinter) and objective Leaving The Camp, could probably use a better clue or explanation. Or Not. Just talked to everyone and enabled backpack, but not sure if everyone would do that. Maybe add 3 conversation links to the story in this area.

You only need to talk with the cleric, i've made it so to not force the story on anyone. Those who wish, can do it. (Also there's a hidden jounral, a captain's log and a few more interactables down below at the shore. For those explorers. )

Edit : Half went poff in the edit >.<

But I will try to clarify the 2nd last area, perhaps.. Unsure, but I will probobly change it in some way. Also, I might clarify the OOC destination.

What you noted down, I will work out. It's some minor polish that i've noted down myself. Stupid foundry lol..

Anyway,many thanks for your words and thoughts. <3
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    And once there, I got thru to the Chase Them Down ok, but more by instinct than any clue as to what to do. (Hard to judge clue/info handouts. Some people like a pure delve without a lot of direction, so really a toss up as to how much info to give out).

I think I have broken a rule here by quoting myself, but this part of the feedback in particular is always troublesome to discuss.

CLUES can be an important part of a delve. But you will always have a trade off on player types.

The explorers will complain if you hand them everything.
    The daily runners will complain if you do not.

It tormented me in the first part of the Book Binding, where I have a side quest to kill a Yochlol. Initially the needed second part (amulet) was about impossible to see, since I had it tucked in tight behind a light. If you were not standing dead on top of it you would miss it.

I made it a lot more obvious, then had second thoughts. After all this is a side quest and I wanted the mystery to remain for the explorers. Those who were not explorers would care less if a (sort of) mini-boss went by the wayside.

After about the 12th change to this I finally said ENOUGH. I kept it to where you would notice it if you were paying attention, then added a disclaimer on the Yochlol chamber that it was NOT needed to complete the quest.

Point here is that I had spent a whole afternoon on One Clue, and it was not even needed to complete the darn quest.
    When I see something in a foundry delve that is hard or not obvious, this lesson creeps into my response. I try to decide if it was actually a misstep or just not obviously hard to the author since they knew exactly how to progress.

People being people, it is actually really brave to expose any supposed flaw or possible blunder. The saving grace, as far as I have seen so far anyway, is that the people doing foundry who are actually digging into this section of the forums are really trying to make Their Thing as good as possible. If any such comments were placed in the normal forums there would be an additional 5 pages of flame war. It works better when you are dealing with a crew that wants the foundry to work well and be successful.

Sorry to go so far off topic.
    I find it hard to criticize other's (hard) work, and I am sure I am not alone. But by doing so, we are making the best part of NW better. So take a risk and prod the author. Worst case, you can point to it and be told by the author that it is Working As Intended <shrug>.

***TL DR***
    We WANT to discuss our foundry quests and make them better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding