test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your thoughts on making pvp items bind on pick up?

shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As far as i am concerned, the only thing i like about this game is pvp. As such, i make all my ad through farming glory and selling pvp items in ah. Therfore, when they make pvp items bind on pick up, it cuts off my only source income, making the game pointless to play anymore.

What are your thoughts about it making pvp items bind on pickup?
Post edited by shajib1234 on

Comments

• xechostormxxechostormx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I feel like PVP gear should have been BOP from day 1. A full set of PVP gear is something a person is supposed to earn through completing matches, and becoming a good player- its not something you should just be able to go down to the store and buy along with your groceries... it is a badge of honor.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I feel like PVP gear should have been BOP from day 1. A full set of PVP gear is something a person is supposed to earn through completing matches, and becoming a good player- its not something you should just be able to go down to the store and buy along with your groceries... it is a badge of honor.

It was also the way people who actually preferred playing PvP could make a meaningful amount of AD. Now people who enjoy PvP won't be able to make a decent amount of AD, and people who hate PvP are forced to play it in order to buy T1 gear just to continue doing dungeons. This combined with the significant nerf to glory gains in PvP just makes the whole thing less fun for everyone involved.

As an aside, I think it's fairly obvious at this point that all the ways the community found to make AD outside of Dailies is going to be stripped away and nerfed. At this point I'm in favor of just throwing the AD/Zen conversion system out, since it serves no purpose if you can't actually earn a meaningful amount of AD. I think players would be a lot happier if they knew that there were things that they can simply not get without paying, rather than this current system where there's this illusion that everything is obtainable. A happier community is a good thing.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Dungeon boss drops and PvP gear should have been BoP from the start. It was left to fester and people are just throwing a hissy.
    edited June 2013
    Dungeon boss drops and PvP gear should have been BoP from the start. It was left to fester and people are just throwing a hissy.

Ah, the number one rule of internet discussion. As long as you're dismissive of people who disagree with you, it doesn't really matter if what you're saying makes sense or not. In an MMO, shouldn't everything should be rewarding? Yet, the reasons to doing PvP are quickly dwindling. It's just not worthwhile when every game has at least one leaver, which in turn makes it so that the matches aren't competitive (or fun), which in turn reduces the amount glory for everyone. So the situation is already bad, but there was at least a reason to go through all this, since you knew you could turn that glory into valuable AD on the auction house. Take that away, and what are you left with exactly? Why does the PvP even exist if there's no measures to stop leaving, no ability to earn meaningful currency, and not even a decent reward after playing a match?

What's the point?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PvP is not typically for rewards in games, and when there are (from the ones I've played), you couldn't trade them due to the fact if they were it would be abused, which as you can see, there are bots in pvp to farm glory for AD. That is the only set of gear I agree should be BoP+Needed items.
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP is not typically for rewards in games, and when there are (from the ones I've played), you couldn't trade them due to the fact if they were it would be abused, which as you can see, there are bots in pvp to farm glory for AD. That is the only set of gear I agree should be BoP+Needed items.

Just because another game makes it bop does not mean this game should do so also.
    Being able to trade pvp items increases the scope of gameplay for gamers. It allows pvp lovers to focus on pvp instead of doing pve.
    edited June 2013

Well what is it for then? It certainly isn't for fun with all the bots and afkers.

Speaking of bots, they should not be changing game mechanics to accommodate them. They should be getting rid of the bots.
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Well what is it for then? It certainly isn't for fun with all the bots and afkers.

Speaking of bots, they should not be changing game mechanics to accommodate them. They should be getting rid of the bots.

The fact that some people thinks that the game should accommodate bots just makes lol. Its like saying if you cant solve the problem, just close your eyes and hope its gone the next time you open them.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A bit of a mixed opinion on this from me. I do think if they make PvP gear BoP they should change the Glory reward back to what they were prior to the last patch which was 350 for a lose / 700 for a win.

Having said that I've bought complete sets for all the characters I'll be playing at some point in the future which is all current classes so I'm at least set until a new class is introduced.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Except you can compete it in 2 evenings.
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    A bit of a mixed opinion on this from me. I do think if they make PvP gear BoP they should change the Glory reward back to what they were prior to the last patch which was 350 for a lose / 700 for a win.

Having said that I've bought complete sets for all the characters I'll be playing at some point in the future which is all current classes so I'm at least set until a new class is introduced.

So are you for or against the change? lol
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

I didn't even realize this. The whole point of reducing glory was to stop people from farming it for AD, but if everything in BoP, then you reduced it for nothing!

Wow. This just gets better and better.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    I didn't even realize this. The whole point of reducing glory was to stop people from farming it for AD, but if everything in BoP, then you reduced it for nothing!

Wow. This just gets better and better.

If they make Glory items BoP I assume they would increase the Glory for a loss back to what it was since there is no reason to bot any more......
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't assume too much when it comes to the people running this game.
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    If they make Glory items BoP I assume they would increase the Glory for a loss back to what it was since there is no reason to bot any more......

Ok so let me get this straight, according to your logic, pvp items should be made bound on pick up to get rid of the bots?
  • mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    one word stupid
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    Ok so let me get this straight, according to your logic, pvp items should be made bound on pick up to get rid of the bots?

If I were a botter, I'd simply upscale the number of bots to compensate for the loss of AD income.

This action will not lessen the bots and afkers, my guess is it will increase it.
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Simple answer bop no problem but i want all bis items to gain through pvp no matrer how much glory it takes something for me to work towards and then i can still 100% pvp
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    If I were a botter, I'd simply upscale the number of bots to compensate for the loss of AD income.

This action will not lessen the bots and afkers, my guess is it will increase it.

And what about ruining the game for those who makes a legit income of ad?
    edited June 2013

Why should pvp gears be bop from the start? So that everyone is forced to do pve? What about the other way around? Make all pve gears bind on pick up and pvp gears bind on equip.
    edited June 2013
    And dont give me the usual argument that this is a dnd game and must be focused on pve. They may claim its dnd but its no where close to being a dnd game. A dnd game without any dice rolls in combat, no saves or a dm?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP on glory items will fix the bot problem.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited June 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    BoP on glory items will fix the bot problem.

Well, they could still sell it for gold.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lets see we have had weeks of threads calling for end run loot to be changed from BOE to BOP. Where have you been in those threads arguing to keep them BOE? Now that the devs have listened to the vast majority of the player base calling for the change your here calling for it not to happen. ????

I just find it amusing that there were weeks and weeks of threads almost always 1 or more on the first forum page calling for Bind on Pickup to be instituted. I didn't see any threads during the same time period calling for Bind on Equip to be kept.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    So are you for or against the change? lol

I am for the change in general. But ONLY if they set the Glory reward back to what it was. If they leave it at it's currently dismal amount then I'm against it.
    edited June 2013
    Lets see we have had weeks of threads calling for end run loot to be changed from BOE to BOP. Where have you been in those threads arguing to keep them BOE? Now that the devs have listened to the vast majority of the player base calling for the change your here calling for it not to happen. ????

I just find it amusing that there were weeks and weeks of threads almost always 1 or more on the first forum page calling for Bind on Pickup to be instituted. I didn't see any threads during the same time period calling for Bind on Equip to be kept.

Its because people are generally not bothered about replying to a topic, until its an official matter, meaning the devs have commented on it.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I honestly think so many people complain about what is op anyway in PVP, that gear and characters should be completely normalized for PVP, and class balancing for PVP should be entirely separate from PVE. That way PVP whiners will have nothing more to constantly complain about and balancing for PVP won't adversely affect the PVE game and vice versa at all.
  • zikkszikks Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you only pvp you should be able to obtain the best gear for pvping. The fact is now those who pvp only will be out geared by those who do pve as well with these new changes. The easiest way to fix this would be to make the pvp gear have pvp only bonuses that make it better for pvp than any of the pve gear.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Being handed gear on a plate when you don't even have to set foot into a dungeon/pvp match is a joke.
    The players of today are just lazy, you want everything for nothing.
    Put the effort in to get a reward, not just go jump on the AH and buy it.
    How the heck is that challenging?

Pvp and pve is already a joke, because you wear pve gear to pvp in.
    The stats should be slightly diff on pvp gear so it's more worthwhile to wear it for pvp and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for pve.
  • bloodbath1975bloodbath1975 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The problem with making it bind on pickup is that once a player has the gear or better it makes glory virtually worthless, because there are not enough items available aside from buying potions.