test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the new bosses

xechostormxxechostormx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am really excited about the new dungeon opening up, and my guild is ready for some high quality raiding! What kind of adds do you want to see with the new bosses? What about a boss that was nothing but adds? That might be an interesting experience. Maybe a boss made of adds whose adds spawned adds?
Post edited by xechostormx on

Comments

• lightdragon999lightdragon999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ones that dont have 500 adds spawning every 1:30 ? bosses that have mechanics and not just move out of red circle knock adds off ledge rogue killl boss
  • pieszczotekpieszczotek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was going to write "Sponsored by PWE" after the first sentance but then i read the second sentance and loled.:p
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    or maybe a mini mini mini mini mini guy, so little u can barely see him that spawn big monsters. big big monsters. many big monsters. not small ones.
  • iirciirc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hurray!!!New bosses that summon endless hordes of adds, just what I'm waiting for. Forget all the the class balancing stuff it's not important.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here would be an interesting idea: What if, at the start of the encounter, there was a "Reserve Troops" counter at the top of the screen. The boss only had so many reinforcements he or she could call upon, and as you defeated them, the counter went down.

Now, here's the key to the encounter - the boss would be more of a "leader" than a direct combatant. They provide powerful buffs and such to their troops. There would be elements in the combat area that would give you or the enemy combat advantage - such as elevated areas that can only be accessed from 1 side from which archers and casters could attack from.

I'd also like to see adds only spawn from sensible entrances - ones that can be blocked or otherwise disabled during the fight.

I don't mind adds if they are reasonable and fitting, but the current trend of them just insta-spawning is a cheap cop-out.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Here would be an interesting idea: What if, at the start of the encounter, there was a "Reserve Troops" counter at the top of the screen. The boss only had so many reinforcements he or she could call upon, and as you defeated them, the counter went down.

Now, here's the key to the encounter - the boss would be more of a "leader" than a direct combatant. They provide powerful buffs and such to their troops. There would be elements in the combat area that would give you or the enemy combat advantage - such as elevated areas that can only be accessed from 1 side from which archers and casters could attack from.

I'd also like to see adds only spawn from sensible entrances - ones that can be blocked or otherwise disabled during the fight.

I don't mind adds if they are reasonable and fitting, but the current trend of them just insta-spawning is a cheap cop-out.

i did not read it but i loved it.
  • xechostormxxechostormx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    38783731.jpg
  • yliana1yliana1 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

Let Foundry Creators do that stuff if the Devs are too lazy or not creative enough... Im sure you arent the only one that would love such things :)
    The current Bossfights are a shame.. adds,aoe,adds,more adds,aoe etc.. Tho i did manage to die vs Bosses,so i probably shouldnt talk lol..
  • moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I vote for a few more adds, with lots more other adds instead!
  • xechostormxxechostormx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I notice nobody has selected option 2 yet. Could it be that you don't want more adds? That's crazy talk and I am calling shenanigans.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At the very least, adds should *only* be of the lowest enemy category... the boss bringing in adds that are of the higher tiers, which drop aoe's and attacks which lock you out or otherwise mez you is just too much...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums