test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grouping and Loot

battlechantbattlechant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am not a hard-core player any longer, but did get 4 alts built up to 15 and my main to 60.

I had not group up until tonight. I will say it needs work.

Getting into a group... This is nutz
  • Zone chat is awful to form by
  • Queues are not that great
  • Cant form a public LFM

Loot... WTF!
  • I have a hundred popup windows, need, greed or pass. Why not just have everyone get their own loot random wise. Like in the open areas. Skip this, it is annoying.
  • Final chest!... a big WTF! One item drops, period... with 5 players?

If this is grouping... long term. I will tweak my alts to solo this stuff.

No disrespect to anyone here, but the grouping and loot system is awful. I don't see the point in involving others when trying to acquire loot and the mess in trying to group.

Nothing short of getting guilded.
BattleChant
Post edited by battlechant on

Comments

• healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am not a hard-core player any longer, but did get 4 alts built up to 15 and my main to 60.

I had not group up until tonight. I will say it needs work.

Getting into a group... This is nutz
    • Zone chat is awful to form by
    • Queues are not that great
    • Cant form a public LFM

Loot... WTF!
    • I have a hundred popup windows, need, greed or pass. Why not just have everyone get their own loot random wise. Like in the open areas. Skip this, it is annoying.

If this is grouping... long term. I will tweak my alts to solo this stuff.

No disrespect to anyone here, but the grouping and loot system is awful. I don't see the point in involving others when trying to acquire loot and the mess in trying to group.

Nothing short of getting guilded.

Thanks for advertising your ignorance for the forums to see.

1) Zone chat is excellent to form groups by & groups formed through zone chat tends to have a higher success rate than pug groups.
    2) Queues are fine, usually takes me less than 5 minutes to get into a dungeon....and me am a TR.
    3) Sounds like a personal problem.
    4) So that people can choose to need, greed, or pass & having random loot filling up my inventory with me having no say would be extremely annoying. Just like how the current dungeon "trade in" things like the ember shards & ashes do...
    5) You narb, it's an item per person. Everyone gets their own chest.

#5 clearly tells me that you has had virtually no communication with your group(s).
    #4 tells me that you are new to MMOs.
    #3 & #1 tells me that your communication skills are lacking.
    #2 tells me that you've either chosen a slow time to queue or was simply unlucky. (I'm going with unlucky as you apparently managed to queue for a delve to get the chest. Try queuing around the time of a dungeon delve.

Have a good day.

h30F308BE
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Thanks for advertising your ignorance for the forums to see.

1) Zone chat is excellent to form groups by & groups formed through zone chat tends to have a higher success rate than pug groups.
    2) Queues are fine, usually takes me less than 5 minutes to get into a dungeon....and me am a TR.
    3) Sounds like a personal problem.
    4) So that people can choose to need, greed, or pass & having random loot filling up my inventory with me having no say would be extremely annoying. Just like how the current dungeon "trade in" things like the ember shards & ashes do...
    5) You narb, it's an item per person. Everyone gets their own chest.

#5 clearly tells me that you has had virtually no communication with your group(s).
    #4 tells me that you are new to MMOs.
    #3 & #1 tells me that your communication skills are lacking.
    #2 tells me that you've either chosen a slow time to queue or was simply unlucky. (I'm going with unlucky as you apparently managed to queue for a delve to get the chest. Try queuing around the time of a dungeon delve.

Have a good day.

h30F308BE

loooooooool what is this pic man I laughed my *** off :D
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013

Agreed ... since already class bound why dont you make it auto-roll Need if class and greed if non-class the interface is so much annoying, especially if somebody start looting like crazy in the middle of battle, OR at least cannot loot while in battle like opening chests
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    Agreed ... since already class bound why dont you make it auto-roll Need if class and greed if non-class the interface is so much annoying, especially if somebody start looting like crazy in the middle of battle, OR at least cannot loot while in battle like opening chests

Because some people like myself don't like to be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> & will greed/pass on items such as necklaces, rings, and class specifics so that the others may have a chance to vendor it rather than Needing on all possible items I could roll Need. (My TR already has a T2 set & the 2nd to best dagger in game.)
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    loooooooool what is this pic man I laughed my *** off :D

The world may never know.
    >:3
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »

Because I don't want green trash filling my inventory.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Because some people like myself don't like to be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> & will greed/pass on items such as necklaces, rings, and class specifics so that the others may have a chance to vendor it rather than Needing on all possible items I could roll Need. (My TR already has a T2 set & the 2nd to best dagger in game.)
    tang56 wrote: »
    Because I don't want green trash filling my inventory.

yea I know, thats why I put the big OR over there