test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I am really strugglng

lizashlizash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am really struggling with parties. In fact I am bewildered. How do they work? How do I get into party quests? I cannot find a guide to help me out.

This evening I got invited into a party and accepted. I lost sight of the guy who invited me and could not find him again. He may have been marked on my map but I could not find him. From time to time an arrow appeared pointing to him but it was gone so quickly it was useless. Nothing in the tutorial covered this. Can anyone help me or at least point me towards a guide that covers parties?
Post edited by lizash on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you are invited to a party for normal leveling stuff, the leader's mission will usually be set and shared. You should then be able to follow the glowing trail to the mission door/area.

If you don't see that, then I suggest speaking in party chat, (you can type /party then your message to do this), and simply asking some questions and stating that you need help, politely. A simple "Thanks for the invite! Can you please help me find where you guys are." can get you a long way toward a good group experience.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lizash wrote: »
    I am really struggling with parties. In fact I am bewildered. How do they work? How do I get into party quests? I cannot find a guide to help me out.

This evening I got invited into a party and accepted. I lost sight of the guy who invited me and could not find him again. He may have been marked on my map but I could not find him. From time to time an arrow appeared pointing to him but it was gone so quickly it was useless. Nothing in the tutorial covered this. Can anyone help me or at least point me towards a guide that covers parties?

Hey lizash,

some additional points on top of bioshrikes explanation that might help;
    You can use voice chat when you are in a party, if your microphone is on you should be able to talk by using the "v" key.
    If you are above a dungeons level you and your party will need to start the dungeon at the dungeons door(all 5 members at the door), so it might be useful to familiarize yourself with the dungeon entrance on that map :).
  • bozar3000bozar3000 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013

Have you checked your Social Windows? Maybe the guy logged off or he was in a different location as yours... Or maybe in my case I am parkouring (freerunning) most of the time so you're likely to find me underground of Protector's Enclave.

And just a suggestion... The best way to join a party is too either message a Zone regarding the Dungeon/Skirmish/PVP match you want to join in or advertise yourself by indicating your Class + Gear Score <--(Which I am in total disagreement of, but everyone does it)

Another good way is too join a Guild and look for members who are willing to join because it's easier to communicate with them, most of them are friendly, they're quicker to gather and of course, they're your fellow Guild members.. and you know what a Guild does. :D

If all else fail, "Queue" until the sun comes down.
  • lizashlizash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks, guys. I'll try all of the above

Liz
  • bozar3000bozar3000 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Thanks, guys. I'll try all of the above

Liz

Glad we could help and hopefully the solutions up here would work. :) Enjoy.