test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What did you do to companions?

jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I mostly run solo so my companions are usually helpful to me. Or, at least, they were until the last patch. Now none of them last longer than 2 seconds if any mob gets on them and the healer heals for less than it did before. They are now basically useless. I had high hopes for this game and for the last patch...now...not so much.

~ Jaqaz
Post edited by jaqaz on

Comments

• Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think you reached lvl38+ zones or above. Companions become kind of useless after you reach Vellosk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My tank is better now..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Grats on leveling up jaqaz
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the feeling the latest patch buffed my companion (cleric one) nicely. It seems like she heals me a lot better.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jaqaz wrote: »
    I mostly run solo so my companions are usually helpful to me. Or, at least, they were until the last patch. Now none of them last longer than 2 seconds if any mob gets on them and the healer heals for less than it did before. They are now basically useless. I had high hopes for this game and for the last patch...now...not so much.

~ Jaqaz

They were buffed actually.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    He has just leveled up and hadn't realized the non augment companions are kinda bootay after lvl 35 I am guessing.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    I am currently level 58 and noticed the change after the last big patch...at the same level. When I read the notes I thought they were being buffed as well, but they appear to now be wearing toilet paper for armor and my cleric's healing dropped by a little over 100hp per tick. The tank doesn't seem to last more than 2-3 hits from even the standard mobs. Prior to the patch I had no issues with them and they were actually quite useful. However, now they suck...
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaqaz wrote: »
    I am currently level 58 and noticed the change after the last big patch...at the same level. When I read the notes I thought they were being buffed as well, but they appear to now be wearing toilet paper for armor and my cleric's healing dropped by a little over 100hp per tick. The tank doesn't seem to last more than 2-3 hits from even the standard mobs. Prior to the patch I had no issues with them and they were actually quite useful. However, now they suck...

Cleric healing is % based, so if its healing dropped, so did your max hp.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, judging from my Panthers' performance, they managed to find a cure for Digital Feline Narcolepsy. Yes, he gets K.O.'d more often, but only because he now generally wakes up sometime before the end of the fight.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The likely culprit is the threat mechanics.

Threat is better distributed between party members so companions are more likely to get attacked.
    Coupled with some decent AI increases they are attacking and drawing attention to themselves much more as well.

So indeed you might notice them drop more but it is because they are actually doing more. ;)
  • Options
    macwomblemacwomble Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My little stone golem friend is much better after the patch. Hits harder and better tank. Didn't die once soloing mad dragon. I may adopt him.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Companions do seem to generate threat now. Usually my rangies die from rushing aoe mobs but now they die from being attacked directly.