test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oh god, Devoted Clerics aren't even a real class anymore! LOL

healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Temple
This class is dead, so much people just rerolled and quit. I just pvped on my GF and 3 hit a DC when there shield went off. Funny because he tried to run but I knocked him back, shield rush, and kicked and that was about it. Is it just me or is that the only capable healing move they have and they're called "devoted clerics". To think healing word would heal more than 800-1k tick per 2 seconds or so which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and have no other healing move, if they try to FF just knock em away or move back. Man they need to fix on that class asap.

I can barely find a PvE party without the cleric dying a lot. The CWs and GF try to take aggro but when running or not taking aggro for a second after shield is off the DC is down in no time. Won't be playing mine for a while I guess. Feel bad for them, they're healers and use no buffs, debuffs, or group heals. I think the devs nerfed shield to make other classes feel better, and it's sad. No more DC around I guess.
Post edited by healsareop on

Comments

• walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can I have your stuff?
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    can I have your stuff?
    Will be playing my GF from now on, I'll come back if they get fixed (never). I had 13k GS on him but everything is bound so too bad!
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it seems they went to far on this nerf... I understand balanceing, but when you have a class that was well good with really only one spell,and you nerf that to kingdom come, just doesnt make sence. I don't know why they didnt really "balance" the class, take some here but add a little there. DOn't play one so not sure how much they got affected except by what Ive read... and none of it is good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Will be playing my GF from now on, I'll come back if they get fixed (never). I had 13k GS on him but everything is bound so too bad!

sell it to vendor and give me the gold
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    banecrushr wrote: »
    I understand balanceing,

Have you followed any of Cryptic's other games ?

If you actually understand balancing it puts you at least 1 move ahead of them.
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    see it positive. it may be true that your healing now sucks. but you still can do pvp and crit for about 10k with whatever-this-dmg-stuff-is-called.

vote cleric for new striker with slight healing ability lolol
  • culannhstoneculannhstone Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This class is dead, so much people just rerolled and quit. I just pvped on my GF and 3 hit a DC when there shield went off. Funny because he tried to run but I knocked him back, shield rush, and kicked and that was about it. Is it just me or is that the only capable healing move they have and they're called "devoted clerics". To think healing word would heal more than 800-1k tick per 2 seconds or so which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and have no other healing move, if they try to FF just knock em away or move back. Man they need to fix on that class asap.

I can barely find a PvE party without the cleric dying a lot. The CWs and GF try to take aggro but when running or not taking aggro for a second after shield is off the DC is down in no time. Won't be playing mine for a while I guess. Feel bad for them, they're healers and use no buffs, debuffs, or group heals. I think the devs nerfed shield to make other classes feel better, and it's sad. No more DC around I guess.

It's Cryptic. Back after CoH came out of beta, they did EXACTLY the same thing to Blasters. The class was nerfed so badly in CoH that literally regular street mobs your level could one-shot a Blaster with Hamidon modules. And the Blaster class stayed that way for MONTHS. Bad as it sounds, this is their standard modus operandi.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was good that they nerfed as, because all I did was stand there not have to block and keep attack. All I had to do was hold the attack and did not need to do nothing but that, so good that they nerf as makes it better. And if you go down more often get more defence duh, stupid people say they know but are duh.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    probably the nerf without incrementing the heals was to big, they will probably need an increase in their single target heal skills :P
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • theblazedtheblazed Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would people reroll and quit? Why don't they just quit?
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make other heals viable. I don't want to use the same three encounter powers, and two at wills forever. Oh yeah, and one daily, because I'll never have the chance to use the other, needing the first all the time. Someone should post the cookie cutter build now, btw, before I waste my respec. It's going to be hell trying to gear my cleric in the harder dungeons. I usually ran a regular group of one of each class, so we didn't always complete the dungeon. Less loot, less gearing, weaker heals.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited June 2013
    Well, they didn't fix anything this patch... it was a nerf fest. The red wizards in CN still have broken AOE red circles. The DC always gets knocked from the huge aoe to the hand aoe and gets wiped. And the death debuff is on for way too long, make it 3min max... they need to fix this game up and fix clerics. DC are always last in pvp too.
  • troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    It was good that they nerfed as, because all I did was stand there not have to block and keep attack. All I had to do was hold the attack and did not need to do nothing but that, so good that they nerf as makes it better. And if you go down more often get more defence duh, stupid people say they know but are duh.

.....lol. Try that in any T2 dungeon. T1 is easy even 2k deff in there is sufficient to feel like you are a decent tank but not always mind you. AS is not a miracle you will never die skill, it never was. The reason you felt its OP is probably due to cleric hogging all mobs and two/three that were left were not felt in AS. If you take more then you can handle you will die in it faster then you can say "oh bummer...".
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) I agree they nerfed DCs healing too much, I am honestly glad they went overboard with it versus underboard because the AS stacking was patheticly overpowered and I honestly somewhat feel DCs did it to themselves taking advantage of it like that. If you take advantage of something too much its bound to get corrected and you may not like it. Still feel bad for them though! Healing needs to be fun or noone will play healers

2) They have already said that they are fixing PVP. Honestly when I play I dont even count score since it doesnt really matter who on your team caps something as long as it caps. Maybe if people stopped worrying and putting value in who has the most "points" itll be irrelevant. I USED to go around and just cap points, now I try and play whatever is best for the team meaning if another player and myself take out 2-3 enemies, ill leave and let him cap in order to help with the other two area, most pugs are too concerned with their own points so they will stay to cap so they get the points too... Its pointless and youll lose more often.
    edited June 2013
    Well Castlenever is currently broken. You can walk through walls, skip bosses, and the worst part is the ADDS in the last boss, the dragon. When you're downed you get a death debuff that seems to last for 5min + and an injury even for getting up after 1 death. Then the worst part, the red circle to indicate add aoe, especially for the red wizard is bugged and when the purple hands attack, and the adds get dragged into a black hole from CW, the red circle aoe for the hands still hits even though they are being sucked into a black hole. This game is so broken. I say make it a 3 second downtime instead of the 6 and take off righteousness, then make sunburst a massive heal aoe burst, instead of healing 1.5k-2k make it heal 6k +. This will fix cleric, all they use is FF, Astral, and Sunburst 70% of the time the setup is like that for CN, that's how it should be also.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    1) I agree they nerfed DCs healing too much, I am honestly glad they went overboard with it versus underboard because the AS stacking was patheticly overpowered and I honestly somewhat feel DCs did it to themselves taking advantage of it like that. If you take advantage of something too much its bound to get corrected and you may not like it. Still feel bad for them though! Healing needs to be fun or noone will play healers

2) They have already said that they are fixing PVP. Honestly when I play I dont even count score since it doesnt really matter who on your team caps something as long as it caps. Maybe if people stopped worrying and putting value in who has the most "points" itll be irrelevant. I USED to go around and just cap points, now I try and play whatever is best for the team meaning if another player and myself take out 2-3 enemies, ill leave and let him cap in order to help with the other two area, most pugs are too concerned with their own points so they will stay to cap so they get the points too... Its pointless and youll lose more often.

I quit my healer.

I only ONCE ever used AS stacking. Only once....JUST ONCE, and yes, that was OP and stupid. Every cleric agreed. What was not agreed was that AS needed to be NERFED that hard.

And even if it *was* ok that AS was nerfed that hard, none of the clerics other abilities were boosted appropriately. And dumb pugs will always be dumb pugs. The people that screamed AS was stupidly OP were the idjits that stood in the red circles in the first place. As was never the end all be all for clerics, it was a safety net, sure, but with the countless adds beating on their behinds, clerics had to adapt faster to dodging and moving and healing than anyone else.

The reason the clerics are livid is that no other heal was boosted to compensate, and that they still have the hardest, thankless job in the game. Because after all, if you die, who do you blame? The cleric.

I will not be blamed for your stupidity. Thank you.

-signed - The new CW
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In PVP GF is pretty much on top of the food chain right now. DCs got demoted to the bottom.
  • tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't speak of the content for clerics above level 53, but up until now I have always played solo as a devoted cleric.
    I was two times in a party which was when I was level 5, except for dungeons and skirmishes though.
    I do agree that the cleric need better single target healing skills or powers, but the healing word is actually really good in my opinion.
    Never do I use pots except for final bosses, but ofc I do have a companion who tanks, but it only taunts one enemy and re-taunts after a somewhat huge amount of time in my opinion.
    And actually I almost never do die in dungeons, even when I am the one charging and doing "close" combat.

As I see it, there is bound to be someone who in my opinion does not know how to play "well" and someone who does.
    It may be hard for the developers to balance healing.

There may be someone who only uses healing powers, but has no offensive skills. Then your almost bound to heal yourself until your companion takes rid of the enemies.

I may be wrong.
    164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
    |Aizu Wallenstein|
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remember those things called paragon paths? That each class only has 1 to choose from right now, with more to be added in the future?

That's why Clerics won't be getting any direct heals right now. They most likely have a new paragon path lined up for future release that turns the cleric into a full direct healbot.

It may simply be that the Divine Oracle (the only Cleric paragon path) will always be unable to use direct/full healing.
  • distastedistaste Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »

1. AS was overpowered and it did need fixing, however AS itself is not overpowered. I think people somehow think that standing in a single AS makes them invincible when that is simply not true. All AS does is reduce damage to point where our absolutely pathetic heals can actually make a dent. Even if they thought AS was OP and needed nerfed, it was, still is in it's nerfed form, the only skill propping the class up. Even the DC's saying that post-nerf we are fine are still using AS and that's how broken the class is.

2. The score is not the major PVP problem, the problem is that DC's are free kills in PvP. If you have a DC on your team it's essentially a 4v5. DC's can't outheal the damage ALL the other classes put out, our survivability is abysmal, and our damage is the lowest. DC's bring absolutely nothing to the table in PvP that isn't better replaced by another class.

The DC was mediocre before the nerfs and now they are, for lack of a better word, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I'd love to see a T2 run with no AS being used because then you will truly get a feeling of just how pathetically weak the rest of the skills/feats actually are.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Which begs to ask what their role will be for Gauntlgrim. Considering there is both PVP and PVE, and the team with the fewer clerics will probably win the pvp, but you will need clerics for the pve portion too. Basically how many fingers can you cut off your hand to win LOL.
  • landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which begs to ask what their role will be for Gauntlgrim. Considering there is both PVP and PVE, and the team with the fewer clerics will probably win the pvp, but you will need clerics for the pve portion too. Basically how many fingers can you cut off your hand to win LOL.

Clerics will be relegated to running the supportive tasks during the PvP event, or take part in the fight if they can afford the proper gear (defense/regeneration build)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Time to reroll rogue.
    Oh wait! According to rogues the class is dead! Well, time to look for new game to cry on.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

All my brethren have left ? .... time to start charging for my presence in parties.

Funny thing is,I see an absolute boatload of clerics in PVE solo and group play in the wilds and there's never any good gear in the AH for clerics,I wonder where it's all going ?

Maybe it's only level 60s quitting/rerolling because of the dependency on Astral Shield ?
  • andyyypmandyyypm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, i just tried to do my first Spellplague after the nerf.. yes 'TRIED'.. Because as a cleric with 10.3k GS, and with T2 set. i couldn't heal even enough to pass through the first boss rofl.. that's just completely stupid..

AS nerfed, now clerics can only keep it up like 50% of the time... so i would love to know how clerics are supposed to survive against the abnormal quantity of adds on bosses (15+) all focused on the clerics (cause of the stupid abusive heal aggro) When the rest of the heals are completely useless...
    I actually think an AOE damage encounter (like daunting light) might heal more (due to 15% crit dmg heals feat) than Healing Word...

So yeah.. I'm another cleric quitting until they decide to freakin think before nerfing/buffing.. I mean, don't they freakin test out the sh*t they have done? I'd love to see them try to make a Castle Never run with only 1 cleric..
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    aggro heal still winning the day ... LOL
  • tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    The AS duration bugfix needed to be done if there was ever going to be any hope of Cryptic balancing the other heals properly (and seeing that endgame dungeon content needs to be balanced properly). For the long-run health of the game, I'm quite sure nerf-fixing it was the best decision.

In terms of the overall design arc of the game (if you look at the entire game, not just level 60 content) AS was obviously intended as a utility against burst damage, to assist with strategic zone control (something we're supposed to be good at), and and as a safeguard against "OH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!" moments. I doubt that it was ever intended to be the only defensive support encounter ever needed, ever (which it came very close to being in many situations).

To those wanting a classic healer: Cryptic obviously does not want a classic healer class in the game, and I can't say I blame them. This game's design concept is more similar to the "Control, Damage, Support" paradigm of games like Guild Wars 2 (where dedicated healing is limited and everyone is considered more responsible for their own safety, and winning fights is about making skilled individual plays while pooling all your party's buffs and debuffs together to turn the team into a whirlwind of death directed at your foes) than the "Tank, Healer, DPS" trinity of earlier MMOs (where the tank takes the damage and everyone else suffers nothing other than AoEs, the healer fixes the boo-boos, and the DPS kill things by doing their optimal rotation of abilities over and over like workers on an assembly line).

Classic Holy Trinity healers have already done well by many, many other games -- games that made different overall design choices than NW's team did.

NW clerics obviously need to be different than that. NW clerics need to have the range of support utility that you see them having in a pen and paper game, and they need to actually get to use that range of utility in various situations instead of their entire lives revolving around one spell or one overly narrowly focused mode of play -- even if they're mostly "healing speced." Tanks in this game are still expected to deal some damage -- and can. (This is triply the case if your tank is a TR. :P) Clerics should likewise be doing more than just healing and shielding.
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys really need to look over your GF. Are these guys you're running with tank/aggro spec'd or are they just dps'rs too lazy to change? And what is the GWF doing while you're getting hit by trash all this time? Healers no longer live in a vacuum, if you try to stay there you won't make it.
  • tursiotursio Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    Oh, yeah. Aggro management is much easier for GFs and GWFs now. If you (the DC) are still getting clobbered then your GF/GWF/CW and you need to have a chat.

I'm not saying this without experience. I have and play both a level 60 DC and a level 60 tank-spec'd GWF in T1 and T2 dungeons.

So far I haven't even needed to run Soothe at all on my DC. I gear myself so that I'm moderately tanky while still focusing on Recovery overall, and I generally do fine in any party that isn't terrible at protecting their cleric. And I haven't even used my free respec yet.

My GWF can grab and maintain the aggro from at least several adds if given time to swing and encounter at them for a bit, and is assuredly sturdy enough to endure their damage for a long, long time (but remember I'm setup as a tank, too). DPS GWFs seem to be much more efficient at just plain killing the adds than they used to be, and are pulling noticeably better numbers than I remember.
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    andyyypm wrote: »
    Well, i just tried to do my first Spellplague after the nerf.. yes 'TRIED'.. Because as a cleric with 10.3k GS, and with T2 set. i couldn't heal even enough to pass through the first boss rofl.. that's just completely stupid..

AS nerfed, now clerics can only keep it up like 50% of the time... so i would love to know how clerics are supposed to survive against the abnormal quantity of adds on bosses (15+) all focused on the clerics (cause of the stupid abusive heal aggro) When the rest of the heals are completely useless...
    I actually think an AOE damage encounter (like daunting light) might heal more (due to 15% crit dmg heals feat) than Healing Word...

So yeah.. I'm another cleric quitting until they decide to freakin think before nerfing/buffing.. I mean, don't they freakin test out the sh*t they have done? I'd love to see them try to make a Castle Never run with only 1 cleric..

the healer can play like a god - doesnt realy matter if the rest of the party simpyl said sucks. if they dont use pots or l2dodge they get dmg - you have to heal named dmg and get aggro because of that.

simple math . dd does no dodging -> dd does alot dmg -> aggro -> (with no dodging) lots of -HP -> cleric has to heal -> aggro through healing