test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Orange flowers are missing from vines...

2»

Comments

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yeah well, if authors didn't feel testing the Foundry was a waste of their time and effort, maybe these things would have been responded to during the test phase.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally I wish they just would have duplicated the ivy asset and added the orange flowers to the copy so we have 2 versions to choose from. Now my graveyard that is suppose to be dark and creepy is all light and cheery with orange flowers :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I ever get suddenly and massively wealthy (which is unlikely), my dream is to make a MMO wrapped entirely around UGC.

Dream...
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Yeah well, if authors didn't feel testing the Foundry was a waste of their time and effort, maybe these things would have been responded to during the test phase.

On what do you base that notion? Cryptic has _repeatedly_ ignored or not bothered to read test feedback. For years.

I'm not exaggerating or being dramatic. If you want, I could poke some people to compile examples from STO and CO (and possibly a few from NW)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    Personally I wish they just would have duplicated the ivy asset and added the orange flowers to the copy so we have 2 versions to choose from. Now my graveyard that is suppose to be dark and creepy is all light and cheery with orange flowers :P

That would have been lovely, indeed. It's over my head why on earth they gave every ivy flowers... but duplicating and providing with and without would be exceptionally helpful. Or an on/ off toggle on flowers >.>
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    On what do you base that notion? Cryptic has _repeatedly_ ignored or not bothered to read test feedback. For years.

I'm not exaggerating or being dramatic. If you want, I could poke some people to compile examples from STO and CO (and possibly a few from NW)

I base that notion on this thread and this one (only 3 replies during testing :().

As a player, I only engaged in feedback concerning the tag system but as you can see from that thread, the feedback given by authors and players was put into the finalised list that we now have in game.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    I base that notion on this thread and this one (only 3 replies during testing :().

As a player, I only engaged in feedback concerning the tag system but as you can see from that thread, the feedback given by authors and players was put into the finalised list that we now have in game.

So, since there is no import of existing quests onto NeverwinterPreview -- authors should spend hundreds of hours recreating their quests on the preview server? Or create completely throw-away quests that exercise all the different detail assets? And, since it can't be easily compared to live assets - memorize exactly how every asset appears?

Um, no.

IF Cryptic provided DETAILED change reports, then it would be worth going in and testing/verifying/examining EXACTLY what is detailed in the change reports. But - it would STILL be immensely easier if they just allowed us to import/export to/from the preview server.

Otherwise, I'm simply an unpaid QA intern.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You don't need to recreate quests in order to test the Foundry. I believe Zovya knocked up '1-Star quest' in a couple of hours.

If you see yourself as nothing more than an intern, then I presume you didn't sign up for beta when you joined the site a year ago. Fair enough, your decision. But perhaps if more people had volunteered their time over on the preview shard recently, we wouldn't see as many issues as we are seeing today.

The dev team is only so big and there is no way they can catch all the bugs from test to live. If people don't wish to aid the transition, when given the opportunity, they really lose any right to have a rant about it. Be part of the solution instead, it's far more constructive.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm a customer. My time is limited.

If they want me to function as QA, they can pay me.
    (And I've tested computer games as a full time job)

I have every right to complain.

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...and the fact that they choose to describe changes in an incredible summation of changes in a couple of sentences. It would probably take them as long to generate a report from their change management system as it does to type two weak sentences.

THAT is what is annoying. Since we have absolutely NO idea what existing assets change -- we can apparently go pound sand and waste time examining everything and hoping we remember how it used to look. What clue would prompt me to go examine vines for flowers (especially when they just removed them a few patches ago!)?
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Anyway, you all make a good point about the flowers, so I will remove the flowers from the original objects as well as provide new versions that have flowers.

Wow! Thank you so much! In case anyone hasn't noticed, the flowers are gone from the old vines. AND we have new vines with orange OR pink flowers! AND we have blue-green tinted vines!

To clarify, it's the "Tall Ivy" vines that have been changed. The "Wall Vines 01" is untouched since the Feywild release. :)

Also, it looks like the big purple mushroom is purple again, and we have some new blue ones. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Agreeing on the ivy, but not the mushroom. Still looks mighty blue to me. Did they add a new purple mushroom, maybe?
    (Based that bit on running my Tribulations where I use quite a few of the 'purple' mushroom.)

Looking in the Foundry asset library, the mushroom does indeed, look purple. Now wondering if I should republish Tribulations for the recolouring back to purple to take effect.
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Agreeing on the ivy, but not the mushroom. Still looks mighty blue to me. Did they add a new purple mushroom, maybe?

I didn't check it against my old mushroom, guess i should have before posting about it. I thought it was the same one i used before, and thought it looked purple, but maybe it was different lighting. I'll look again when i log back in. Sorry if i got your hopes up for nothing. :( I was pretty excited about the vines and may have made a mistake.
    saerrael wrote: »

Looking in the Foundry asset library, the mushroom does indeed, look purple. Now wondering if I should republish Tribulations for the recolouring back to purple to take effect.

Ah, okay. None of my quests are published at the moment, i was also looking in the assets. I pulled one out to see it closer, and it looked purple. Not exactly the same as before, but more purple than blue... but it was different surroundings and lighting.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    I didn't check it against my old mushroom, guess i should have before posting about it. I thought it was the same one i used before, and thought it looked purple, but maybe it was different lighting. I'll look again when i log back in. Sorry if i got your hopes up for nothing. :( I was pretty excited about the vines and may have made a mistake.

Ah, okay. None of my quests are published at the moment, i was also looking in the assets. I pulled one out to see it closer, and it looked purple. Not exactly the same as before, but more purple than blue... but it was different surroundings and lighting.

It certainly does look non-blue in the Foundry. ^^ (Where it still looks very-blue in live, I mean.) I'll test a republish. Needed to fix some light clipping anyhow.

(Checking now if republishing fixed this.

That did the trick! :) )