test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic T2 Icespire Heart

theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I think there's something wrong with the adds here.

I am talking about the final boss.

Our groups consists of 10K+ GS players, one of each class, GWF on boss; TR, me (CW) + GF keeping the adds at bay, but they just keep coming, waves after waves, and those ice golems are immune to my control!

The usual tactics for me is I singularity all the mobs to one spot, cast my spell rotation and singularity, rinse and repeat adds dont usually escape me, which leaves the rest of the group safe to deal with the boss, occasionally one or two runs lose, someone will repel them in my direction and again they gets rooted.

But in this dungeon, 50% of the adds are immune to controls so i decided to separate them, get the GF to taunt them while i sort out the rest, but the problem in this case is that the golems have this massive AOE that is basically insta death and one after the other eventually wears us out.

whats the strategy for this? as for my encounters, icy terrain, shield pop, steal time, tabbed entangling force, daily arcane singularity, oppresion force. I am fully experienced with perma blackholes. As you can see, I am completely built for crowd control here, i dont care about my DPS.

Any help is appreciated

Note this is Epic version.
Post edited by theisingguy on

Comments

• theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    Hell, even my CC daily, oppresion force, which usually stuns the boss, doesnt work on the ice golems thats why i say there something wrong with them and its NOT possible with my knowledge of crowd control. Please any CW point out my error or anyone thats done this tell me whats the strategy.

Cheers!
  • lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    So you're wondering why the CC immune boss and ice golems aren't getting CC'd? Umm... well.... they're immune..

Sry as far as the strategy for this boss. Cleric draws trolls/ice golem aggro with heals and kites them in a large circle around the boss while CW and whoever kills the archers that spawn. The archers are going to do the most damage to anyone since the rest of the mob attacks are easily avoidable. So much like a lot of the other bosses, kite.. kill archers.. dps boss.
  • vaelusvaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This fight is completely obnoxious and needs to be reworked in some manner. I tried doing it for the first time today and our group was just not able to do it. I was on a GWF trying to kill the boss and I kept getting knocked into the boss insta death red zone by ice golems that came out of nowhere. Whole instance seems to be bugged as we also had ice trolls strong mobs that were constantly spawning and running at us, in the 2nd boss fight there were at least 35 trolls in the room with the boss before we managed to kill him, that can't possibly be intended.
  • lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    vaelus wrote: »
    This fight is completely obnoxious and needs to be reworked in some manner. I tried doing it for the first time today and our group was just not able to do it. I was on a GWF trying to kill the boss and I kept getting knocked into the boss insta death red zone by ice golems that came out of nowhere. Whole instance seems to be bugged as we also had ice trolls strong mobs that were constantly spawning and running at us, in the 2nd boss fight there were at least 35 trolls in the room with the boss before we managed to kill him, that can't possibly be intended.

Yeah, it is.... the go to boss mechanic for the majority of bosses in this game is spawn more adds. As far as FH final boss pretty much gotta employ the tactic I explained.. Cleric kites dropping heals to pull aggro.. CW and whoever kills archers as they spawn and dps boss in between spawns.. rogue+whoever dps boss and evading all the damage they can. Health pots will need to be used in most cases..
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is only 1 real winning strategy here, and its pretty lame:

Kite.

Gota kill the archers, but can kite all the rest.

Cleric can still do it, if no one else hits anything. Else guardians can do it somewhat now as they actually get some decent agro - given they use all there threat skills. though its easier for clerics.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok I just did this last night and got it on the 2nd try. Was intense and well the method that has to be used is interesting, I can't imagine they want boss fights to be like this. I am the GF dps spec of course the reason why we wiped on the first attempt is I made a couple mistakes and I drew agro and threat and I can't do this on this fight. I know what you are thinking I am the tank and they just buffed threat good right? wrong. The key to winning is for me to use no threat as tank. No aoe. and single target Dpsing the boss with another GWF.

Then the cleric grabs all the agro and kites all the mobs around and around in a circle. Then the sharp shooter adds need to be killed by the CW and other dps for the fight we had another GWF. Yes we did it with 2 GWF's. I would occasionally lunging strike or Anvil of doom a sharp shooter but my focus was to not get agro as tank so I can dps the boss with. Lunging strike, Anvil of doom, bull rush. Once we did this and the cleric kept all the adds running in a circle we down him an VICTORY!! Was a fun fight.

Now for the real question here. On this fight as tank. Did they design a fight where my job is to not get agro as my goal. This is the only way to do this fight and most fights. I don't want agro on some adds cause tanks can't face tank in this game. Clerics have to kite adds. Its the only way. Unless there are some changes and the AOE dps of tanks isn't capped to 3 for Front line surge. and 5. Aoe needs to be Aoe and hit all monsters. Threat never was a issue the Aoe cap was. Honestly I select all non threat skills so I don't get to many adds as tank its the only way.
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    There is only 1 real winning strategy here, and its pretty lame:

Kite.

Gota kill the archers, but can kite all the rest.

Cleric can still do it, if no one else hits anything. Else guardians can do it somewhat now as they actually get some decent agro - given they use all there threat skills. though its easier for clerics.

Yeah this is the best way, we have completed this quest yesterday with 3 kiters (1 DC, 1 CW and 1 GF) and 2 dps focusing the boss (1GWF and 1 TR).
    The dps party needs no heals at all if they know how to move and dodge.
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community