test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this a ****ing joke?

2»

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because you just love you some boredom?

Interesting take.
  • shadovar1shadovar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In pvp GWF just got buffed so they can do the same to your face as a TR or CW, some way to deal with lock outs would be good. More mobility utility pvp now and less tank humping a node yourself.

PvE would have been fine just nerfing shield stacking(which they did) without <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the cooldown at the same time, reducing our self healing reduction would be good.
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty much this now. If you have a good crew that works together it's not that bad. If you do not have a good crew it is pretty terrible. Make friends with or renew old friendships with good GF players and hope they never log off lol.

Alternatively run with two CW's and tell them to bring a lot of pots just in case. D/FF inbetween AS castings works if people are careful. If they are not careful that D/FF will do pretty much nothing and they will still drop like rocks. You cannot @Carry@ anybody anymore, they must be responsible for their own safety far more than previously.

I DO think these changes will be fairly frustrating(for a time) for your average/casual PUG healer who just wants to jump into a T2 when they get home from work and does not have a list of friends to group with.
  • revo1utionsrevo1utions Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty much this now. If you have a good crew that works together it's not that bad. If you do not have a good crew it is pretty terrible. Make friends with or renew old friendships with good GF players and hope they never log off lol.

Alternatively run with two CW's and tell them to bring a lot of pots just in case. D/FF inbetween AS castings works if people are careful. If they are not careful that D/FF will do pretty much nothing and they will still drop like rocks. You cannot @Carry@ anybody anymore, they must be responsible for their own safety far more than previously.

I DO think these changes will be fairly frustrating(for a time) for your average/casual PUG healer who just wants to jump into a T2 when they get home from work and does not have a list of friends to group with.

So in order to play my class I have to carrying around a GWF or a GF? What other game works like that?
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    So in order to play my class I have to carrying around a GWF or a GF? What other game works like that?

Almost every single MMO in history that uses a trinity based combat system. Is this a serious question?
  • jd0ggjd0gg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gtxinsane wrote: »
    AShield is the best heal and damage mitigation, Sunburst is the best AP/Divinity generator. If these 2 skills left your bar in an epic dungeon something is horribly wrong, or you know something that a lot of clerics don't. Now my 3rd encounter is locked into Forgemaster's Flame (or a heal, you know, the other TWO we have?). Back then I could slot my AoE skills if it's a mob heavy fight (a faster fight means less damage to mitigate/heal through), heal skills if it's a kite heavy fight, debuff for bosses.

Hopefully you can still do that. Non-clerics need to stop standing in the fire. People stopped even trying to play smart when there were two Astral Shields in play to keep them safe. There may well still need to be some fine tuning of encounters but you should be able to float a different 3rd encounter skill in there as needed.
    JDogg, Original Gamester
    All Out Assault
  • fire40manfire40man Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting tired of people blaming us for not keeping them alive! I just did 2 epics. the first one went off great with a complete run through. The second (a different group) we couldnt beat the main boss. Everybody blaming me because first off they didnt know AS changed and second maybe they just werent that good (or lazy) either way it started to get ugly. I'm only gonna take so much abuse. Right now i dont feel much like playing with my DC.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Blame your CW for not locking down all the add's and doing DPS instead. The CW is the training wheels/ez mode of the group, if you can't keep up your healing it's because your CW or GF is slacking.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bardelia wrote: »
    Righteous paragon and mostly pvper, 3k5ish recovery, and now the shield is off cd almost 5 seconds,

And the worst part that I don't think anyone has been talking about is that you have probably double my recovery, but your AS cooldown is no better then mine.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jd0gg wrote: »
    Hopefully you can still do that. Non-clerics need to stop standing in the fire. People stopped even trying to play smart when there were two Astral Shields in play to keep them safe. There may well still need to be some fine tuning of encounters but you should be able to float a different 3rd encounter skill in there as needed.

It's all wishful thinking. But slotting anything other than a heal will result in a dps loss for your team now, as they'll dawdle around trying to dodge stuff or wait for pot cooldown. But it's not because the other skills are bad (could do better though), it's about AShield being too good (even in its current state). A good challenge would be to try finishing an epic dungeon without using AShield, no exploits, 1 of each class, just to show how good Ashield still is and how the cleric class was&still is a one trick pony. Hats of to anyone that can.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon