test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will this build work in the new patch?

azph1xazph1x Member Posts: 5
edited June 2013 in The Temple
http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=njx:4aigv:5ywg,13iu365:6u000:6z50u:6u600&h=0

Can anyone comment? i may respec to this. I want to go for a regen build, with heals and maybe a little bit of defense. I do not care much about pvp since im a cleric.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hi.
    I would say 1 point in Restoration mastery is pointless. Every little helps, so I would say ethereal boon is still viable (not at 1 point though) but if you're determined not to take it, you could try: take 3 out of Bountiful fortune (you don't need 5 there, 2 should be enough) and take those points along with that 1 from restoration mastery and put them in desperate renewal. Soothing light has been buffed a bit, this will buff it a bit more and personally, I quite like that skill since I don't slot healing word. It's good for giving the freshly revived (or the nearly dead) a little bit of what they need :) The only problem with that though, is now divine power is even more precious. I would say use ethereal boon but if you're looking to try something different I would try the above. Hard to say without knowing what powers/passives/alt wills you slot though.

As for your heroic feats. I wouldn't bother with battlewise or domain synergy (5% on your total recovery is s**t and if you want threat reduction, slot the newly fixed sooth). Instead take weapon mastery and holy resolve.
    Others here might have better advice for you though.

Edit: PS. 3 in flamestrike is nice and I would max brand of the sun as an option. Ditch terrifying insight (u aren't dps by the looks) and probably Prophecy of doom. Get hammer of fate cos it's fun.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you do not PvP, full points into Break the Spirit and Prophecy of Doom is pointless.

Terrifying Insight is nice but you'll never be a DPS class, so again its pretty useless putting more than 1 point, if any into it.

You will regret not having Brand of the Sun, especially post-patch due to the Divinity nerfs.

Also, I'd rather have Bastion of Health than not have it. There are not exactly strong or many choices for good heals on a Cleric already.

Rest of the Powers looks ok. Fun stuff is a point into Hammer or 3 points into Chains which can be surprisingly useful (look closely at the rank duration)!

For heroic feats, Battlewise is pointless, especially after the patch, Holy Resolve will probably save your life a lot more than you think, and the 3% crit from the Mastery feat is noticeable. I do not know whether it is worth speccing into even a single point of Cleanse after the huge nerfs any more any more vs full Holy Resolve, for example.

As for Paragon feats, a lot depends on how you play your Cleric, your gear and your Ability Scores. That said, you could probably afford to move 3 points from Virtuous tree's Rising Hope to Restoration Mastery.