What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to find foundries today... wai?

zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
From today's patch notes:
Foundry
-Audio now works properly after projects are published.
-Foundry quests will be republished in stages starting with Featured quests, then top rated, then all other remaining quests.
-This is so our team can take care of this matter without requiring authors to do it on their own.
-This process may take up to a day to complete so please bear with us in the meantime.

-None of the quests i've subscribed to are showing up, including my own.
-I cannot find any quests that i've listed on my personal favorites list by code.
-I've seen posts here in the foundry forums of people reviewing each other's quests, but i cannot find those quests by copy/paste searching their codes.

I'm trying to be patient, assuming it's because of the mass republishing by Cryptic staff today. But it's bothering me that other people seem to be finding quests with no issues, but i cannot find them. I've checked back several times today, have logged out and back in, tried different codes from the forums, no improvement. I have only been able to find one quest posted here on the forums. My guildmate also has been unable to find certain quests by name or code. (We're on the Dragon server, if that might matter.)

Is this working as intended? If so, is everything going as planned? I can find no organization or consistency in the quests still listed in the catalog in relation to the ones i can't find.
Post edited by zbkolde on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh dear, sorry about all the duplicate posts. :(
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Oh dear, sorry about all the duplicate posts. :(
    Obligatory joke about being unable to find zbkolde's dupe threads. :D
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    For now all quests are simply unpublished. If not all, then at least those previously stuck in publishing.
    Which is a rather good decistion from Cryptic since those quests now require tweaks, for placing sounds at least.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    For now all quests are simply unpublished. if not all, then at least those previously stuck in publishing.
    Which is a rather good decistion from Cryptic since those quests now require tweaks, for placing sounds at least.

I thought this also. But, while most of the quests are showing today's date for last edited, not all of them are. Some are still showing dates from May or early June. This is what i meant about consistency. If they simply unpublished everything, nothing would show up with a date before today. My quest hasn't been published since June 6th, and a couple of the quests i had subscribed to were last edited in May, so they were not affected by the "stuck in publishing" bug. It seems random as to what is showing and what's not, but it's bothering me that no quests are showing on my subscription tab and i cannot find any quests i want to play by searching their codes.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the part in the patch notes (that you even quoted!) about this process taking up to a day too complex to understand or something?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Is the part in the patch notes (that you even quoted!) about this process taking up to a day too complex to understand or something?
    zbkolde wrote: »
    -I've seen posts here in the foundry forums of people reviewing each other's quests, but i cannot find those quests by copy/paste searching their codes.

Too complex? Let me break it down a little better: If other people are posting a code during that time frame right after the patch, which then gets a review posted 30 minutes later, that indicates i should be able to also find that quest using that code, but i could not find the quests other people were reviewing during that time.

Thank you for your input 8 hours later. My apologies to everyone else for replying to it the day after.