test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plan to kill the 2 DC party has failed

jim2108jim2108 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Welp you guys are slowly driving the dagger into your own hearts. Your attempts to stop the 2 DC party has failed. why? because you idiots decided to reduce the duration of AS even though you had already killed the stacking which wouldve been enough.
Post edited by jim2108 on

Comments

• fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You dont like the game -> dont play it

I Finished EVERY dungeon with just 1 cleric in TEAM even Castle never. ( b4 patch ofc ) 2x DC party's was for rage kids like you that have EXACTLY no skill.

make us all a favour and leave this forums/game go play rift or so. exactly no one will cry that you left.

k thx bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't feel this is an issue. With a tank able to hold agro and a buff to soothing light I think 1 DC and 1GF 3 dps will be the best composition.

I'm glad to see the astral shield stacking go away and the 5 second delay between shield make little difference. Depending how it works out I might try running without astral shield. Being able to take that skill out if I want to will be really nice :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fauust01 wrote: »
    I Finished EVERY dungeon with just 1 cleric in TEAM even Castle never. ( b4 patch ofc ) 2x DC party's was for rage kids like you that have EXACTLY no skill.

You do realize that none of this actually addresses what he's talking about, right?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    he was talking about 2 DC partys -> i made a statement that there was NO need for 2 dc partys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jim2108jim2108 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    You do realize that none of this actually addresses what he's talking about, right?

Ty for the backup. Apparently some people just can't seem to read.
    edited June 2013
    jim2108 wrote: »
    Ty for the backup. Apparently some people just can't seem to read.

and some of ppl dont respect others work.

You think you can make better game ? GO MAKE IT ILL GLADLY PLAY IT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    he was talking about 2 DC partys -> i made a statement that there was NO need for 2 dc partys.

I'm talking about the Nerf to the AS duration which is was unneeded to end the 2 DC party. Learn to read before making yourself look like an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it will take a while for people to adapt to changes, but i wouldnt think 2 clerics would be most effcient. ive done many with just 1 cleric, 2 clerics are for stacking and groups who do not know how to dodge skillshots, or tank absurd amounts.

Now we have guardian fighters. as a CW with the agro changes, id rather have a guardian than a 2nd cleric.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited June 2013
    Like i said you think you can make better decisions ? better game ? go design your own.

You call it nerf ? i call it balance

what is the point of playing a game when it is easy ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • polpopopolpopo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The buff of AS last 20 sec with a cooldown of 15 sec,with recovery, i think that it's too much and the way they fixed is ok. If you depend in just one skill to keep your party alive it's mean that you suck, you have other skill to heal them or increases their def and also you can deal damage. Right now just change the way you play.
    edited June 2013
    polpopo wrote: »
    The buff of AS last 20 sec with a cooldown of 15 sec,with recovery, i think that it's too much and the way they fixed is ok. If you depend in just one skill to keep your party alive it's mean that you suck, you have other skill to heal them or increases their def and also you can deal damage. Right now just change the way you play.

he wss just to lazy to realize this b4 creating pointless topic and calling every one idiots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Change the way I play? No way! I'm uber awesome super elite! The game must change to make me better! There's never anything wrong with me! No never! My way is always the right way, and the company that makes every game I play that changes something that I do will go out of business. So will the companies all the employees spouses work for due to association. I am always right! Neverwinter will be gone in days, GONE I TELL YOU. Just like WoW and EQ and all the other games that made changes like this. Right out of business within a month. Gone! Poof!

;)
  • rudolphobhrudolphobh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they hadn't nerfed the DC heals, but still did the threat changes, it would have made dungeons trivial. If the tank can hold all aggro, and the DC was the same, then DC + GF + any 3 other classes would make you lol through.

This balance was to make it so that you still have to play smart, even with the tank actually holding aggro.

Don't stand in the red, and you will be fine. Stand in the red, and you deserve to die.
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Comming from a GF Player who has played in a lot of endgame with one or two DC and been replaced by the 2nd DC plenty of times I will say this: I dont see why Astral needed a duration reduction. Remove the stacking and EZ mode is turned off. Now all of a sudden I can be invited to groups at two DC is redundant. Buuuuuut with AS the way it is now...it seems like they went overboard. I dont like being replaced by a 2nd cleric but having ONE cleric sort of ineffective is kind of crappy. Now I can tank and hold huge aggro but can the cleric keep me alive? I guess we'll find out wen the patcher starts working. =/
  • leotheraskleotherask Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    like exactly how much was this duration nerf? it was supposed to last 15 seconds right? it used to last around 17 ~ seconds (the visual effect disapeared but the buff remained) so if they fix it at 15 seconds like it was supposed to be... most of us clerics will still have the spell 90% uptime. If they made it like 10 or so... thats gonna be a issue for sure.

Edit: just tested it.. lasts like 10.5 seconds (with a 15.1 sec cooldown at 2600 Recovery) so its a nerf from 100% to 66% uptime in most cases. Huge nerf in my opinion since they cant stack now... This infact can promote people to keep taking 2 clerics to get the 100% uptime + faster repositioning of the shield.

I would like to see this adressed fast by a dev... it can get nasty really fast lol
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Comming from a GF Player who has played in a lot of endgame with one or two DC and been replaced by the 2nd DC plenty of times I will say this: I dont see why Astral needed a duration reduction. Remove the stacking and EZ mode is turned off. Now all of a sudden I can be invited to groups at two DC is redundant. Buuuuuut with AS the way it is now...it seems like they went overboard. I dont like being replaced by a 2nd cleric but having ONE cleric sort of ineffective is kind of crappy. Now I can tank and hold huge aggro but can the cleric keep me alive? I guess we'll find out wen the patcher starts working. =/

Well if the buff to soothing light is significant enough I believe they should be able to keep you alive with single target heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    he wss just to lazy to realize this b4 creating pointless topic and calling every one idiots.

I love debating with fanatics. And you sir are still an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. IF you think you can still solo heal the supposed dungeons your listed I would love to see some physical proof. I can say I'm the king of england as much as I want here. Is it' true? nope. And to clarify before you rant again the dungeons are solo healable that we can all agree on. Now in reguards to this Post where on it did I say I liked/wanted the 2 DC system? I just said they're over nerfing the AS would only encourage it more.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

He doesn't really "talk" about anything. He makes a claim that Cryptic's attempts have failed, does some typical frothing at the mouth and profanities, and then demands that other companies take note of Cryptic's supposed failure.
  • cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    jim2108 wrote: »
    I love debating with fanatics. And you sir are still an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. IF you think you can still solo heal the supposed dungeons your listed I would love to see some physical proof. I can say I'm the king of england as much as I want here. Is it' true? nope. And to clarify before you rant again the dungeons are solo healable that we can all agree on. Now in reguards to this Post where on it did I say I liked/wanted the 2 DC system? I just said they're over nerfing the AS would only encourage it more.

I have solo healed all T2's and CN on the test shard as have many other clerics. Its actually easier to run through than before the changes. It's funny how many ppl keep posting their theories and suggestions of how things should work when they never even tried out the test shard.
    edited June 2013
    cael13 wrote: »
    I have solo healed all T2's and CN on the test shard as have many other clerics. Its actually easier to run through than before the changes. It's funny how many ppl keep posting their theories and suggestions of how things should work when they never even tried out the test shard.

Im curious... havent tried to go heal something yet... but im worried because they nerfed the duration of astral shield alot... so..
    how come it is easier.. in your experience... I understand that theorically... mobs should stick to the tank instead of you... wich is awesome but what else?
    edited June 2013
    Mobs stick to the GF like glue now if he is good. Also the buffs/changes to the other characters just gives you a much more relaxed/balanced feel when you run dungeons now intead of the chaotic mess of mobs/players running all over the place. Honestly if AS isnt up HG should be so there is always a AoE heal going. Im sure there are some other elements im forgetting but all of the players I ran with on the test shard shared the same feelings....things just seem to work now.
    edited June 2013
    Mobs stick to the GF like glue now if he is good. Also the buffs/changes to the other characters just gives you a much more relaxed/balanced feel when you run dungeons now intead of the chaotic mess of mobs/players running all over the place. Honestly if AS isnt up HG should be so there is always a AoE heal going. Im sure there are some other elements im forgetting but all of the players I ran with on the test shard shared the same feelings....things just seem to work now.

will have to try it myself... i got worried because of the huge nerf but i guess since they fixed the AS despawning, and the healing threat it will somehow be ok. Time will tell.
    edited June 2013
    leotherask wrote: »
    will have to try it myself... i got worried because of the huge nerf but i guess since they fixed the AS despawning, and the healing threat it will somehow be ok. Time will tell.

Yeah I believe most of the playerbase will come around and agree the changes are for the better. As you said only time will tell :)
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apparently it works out alright now that we don't pull insane amounts of threat
    edited June 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    I've just finished few T2 dungeons with 1 of each class party and I just have to say that I LOVE what you have done to this game. Seriously, it's awesome.. I'm sure it's probably rough for not so well geared Clerics out there, but for those at my level, this game really achieved new dimension. Absolutely step in the right direction.. Love it.

^More feedback from clerics that have tested the new update!
    edited June 2013
    ^More feedback from clerics that have tested the new update!

i wonder what he means by not so well geared lol like.. T1?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

pretty much this >.> i'm with you on this one , aaand ofc the patch is @ 50% right now ( im talking about the 3rd or the 4th patch lost their count ) .
    edited June 2013
    leotherask wrote: »
    i wonder what he means by not so well geared lol like.. T1?

The original post said he was 12k+ I believe.
  • gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a TR I love the changes. I hated being stuck inside the circle(s) everyone depended on. I can now actually get behind the mobs with GF now being able to hold aggro and use stealth more efficiently. This makes people having to play smarter and not just auto-pilot double DC
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You dont like the game -> dont play it

make us all a favour and leave this forums/game go play rift or so. exactly no one will cry that you left.

k thx bye.

Best. Reply. Ever; If someone ever dare raise a concern or criticism (legit or not) regarding the game you like, instantly attack them for having no skill and tell them to not play the game and/or design their own, while making assumptions about their age and playstyle.

Brilliant, truly brilliant.