test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this patching... wtf

pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
real, got 50mbps net... u guys should run patch server in p2p mode
Post edited by pr0mote on

Comments

• Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As per Facebook:
    We're investigating any potential patching or patcher issues. For now, please leave your launcher open and let it patch even if it's going slower than normal.
  • Options
    pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    youre an potato... i guess
  • Options
    drungorthdrungorth Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    From France ULTRA slow patching here....and though i had downloaded this already days ago but well....

I have a ****ty dsl line here (2mbits) but i download at like 5k/s instead of 250k/s.... great well not for tonight lol
  • Options
    pitsinionpitsinion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have the same problem in 2 different (very well configured) pcs, it just doesn't want to happen. i hope the investigation proceeds better than patching. Oh and faster
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The patching goes quite smooth. I have downloaded :500 mb patch 1600 mb patch, currently on another 450 mb patch within just 40 minutes. I'm using dsl 6000 (from the EU not US). Bandwidth means nothing, if you don't know how to fully utilize it.

Your PC is configurated like a potato... i guess.

Peace.

Gota love people that don't know <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about anything and post like this. Some other posts are saying hero and guardian packs get priority. ROFLAMO , idiots.

goto www.speedtest.net , find out your upload download speed. I'm getting 25mpbs download and 4mpbs upload. The problem is the patch servers.
  • Options
    rocker796rocker796 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    Gota love people that don't know <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about anything and post like this. Some other posts are saying hero and guardian packs get priority. ROFLAMO , idiots.

goto www.speedtest.net , find out your upload download speed. I'm getting 25mpbs download and 4mpbs upload. The problem is the patch servers.

Couldn't put it any better myself.
  • Options
    lemonromeoolemonromeoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont get your panties in a bunch do you know how many ppl patch right now as you read this
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I can download 25 gigs of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in like an hour or so. I can download any game on steam, play any online game. But yeah its on my end now with Neverwinter, I just got lucky with the rest of the internet. Verizon fios is a krappy connection what was I thinking?
  • Options
    excusesftw1excusesftw1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Negative, my computer is not configured like a "potato". I can screenshot my connection speed if you like. Nothing is restricting the download, and I've been stuck on 12.7% while the download continues for some bit now. The patcher is bugged.
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thing is not about the speed of patching but about what are you actually dl since the 1,5 gb patch were pre dl already...

So cryptic : what's the point having dl this stupid 1,5 gb pre patch for ?
  • Options
    rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't even connect to the launcher anymore.
  • Options
    excusesftw1excusesftw1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    General problem with PW games, they have the least amount of bandwidth possible to "support" the game. It's how they make their money. They're trying to be an mmorpg juggernaut without knowing how that works.
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have download 3 patches aswell in addition to the 3 "preload" patches. quite amazing ive downloaded almost 10Gb of patches for a 7Gb game.
  • Options
    skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    This takes the P***, I closed the patcher down and now It wont even bring the patcher back up. Never known any game not at least let you try downloading.
  • Options
    rockstar022rockstar022 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skreechr wrote: »
    This takes the P***, I closed the patcher down and now It wont even bring the patcher back up. Never known any game not at least let you try downloading.

That's exactly where i'm at as well.
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not one to generally rant or rage but you guys really seem to have some issues now. Like others the patcher isn't even connecting. If I didn't know better I would swear you hired on some of the people from Turbine, primarily their IT and QA services.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    sephirajosephirajo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having troubles too. The patcher drops connection and I can't get more than 11.3%. You think they'd have a manual download for big patches like this. :/
  • Options
    torquedsoultorquedsoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »

nice FIOS connection.
    2771587401.png

Patcher running at a blazing 30K now.
  • Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    I like how the failed patcher blames my internet connection. Sure, that's the problem...
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    I have 120mb connection and getting crappy download...of about it is nothing to do with my link I ran a speedtest while the patching is still running and I got 100mb download result.... so I am guessing it the patching servers they should make it available as a torrent would speed things up
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This mess has nothing to do with configuration, at least on the users end. It would seem the whole update server has gone down now, launcher froze and refuses to reconnect at all.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    suirakksuirakk Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I am still patching. The funny part is I am downloading Rift again and I am getting 6.52MB/s and I am almost done downloading a 10.5 gig game.

Well played PW, well played ...
  • Options
    tanekmdtanekmd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah patcher seems to be congested, or even offline.. Who knows...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    patcher quit for idling too long.

and won't reconnect now.

yeah i guess i'm not playing today. sad panda. :(
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How much Zen is it to buy a patch server that works for my account?
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So my launcher said "connecting" for like 15 minutes, then it showed the "patchnumber....." thing and then it finally showed it downloading and it was more than half done...in case anyone is still having problems, i would just let it do its thing. This is a mess, i'll admit. But its obviously a problem on their end so I wouldn't get crazy trying to solve it player side like I was doing for the past 30 minutes ><

update: so after having all the same problems i'm seeing on here and in other forums. It finally just worked and took about 20 minutes to download. Sounds like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot too me, just keep trying the launcher.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine isn't doing too well...

2771601432.png

LOL
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    lemonromeoolemonromeoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    patched 3k now again starts with a new patch of 1079 but is going "fairly fast"..is it normal?
  • Options
    mirrindmirrind Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dont get your panties in a bunch do you know how many ppl patch right now as you read this

Well, considering I started to patch, got have way and now it wont even CONNECT to the server? I'm going to guess that it is something on their end. As for how many people are trying to patch? Honestly, it shouldn't matter THAT much. If they have so many people hammering the server, they really need to fix something. Hell, Xpac day in wow for BC/WotLK never gave me grief on patching.
    (And all you people thinking/shout "OMG This isnt WoW" or some such. Yes I know, but tell me one other recent MMO that would have hundreds of thousands of people hammering a patch server on a patch day? First one I could think of.