test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how does one achieve 2k def?

maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I only have some t1 and t2 gears, and HOw do you achieve 2k def?

i only have 1k def at the moment, averaging 1500 with Soul link for 10secs, but i would like to know a gear build that can achieve 2k def;

Please consider recovery and crit. If i used an Ioun Stone of allure can i put def runes on it and have it passed onto me?
Post edited by maahkremuirsong on

Comments

• trasidtrasid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 to this. I am sitting around 1300-1400 defense with almost 11k gear score. For the record, I don't have socketed pants/shirt at the moment. I haven't got the stone yet, but will soon. Will this give me any extra defense?

I was going to put in 2x +power runes and the stat sharing rune, unless someone suggests otherwise? I am using currently mostly rank 5 runes in my gear, 2 piece grand templar and 2 piece beacon of faith. All of my offense runes are recovery, and defense runes are defense. Utility runes are movement.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    don't go power/crit/recov on all your rings/amu/belt
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since HG, Divine Armour, and AShield is based on the amount of HP one has, i opted for HP on def slots, but i do wonder if there are other ways of getting more def than def slot enchantments
  • trasidtrasid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    don't go power/crit/recov on all your rings/amu/belt

That is one thing I am doing, all of these items are these above stats. Perhaps I should have a look on AH for some defense accessories?
  • fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    I only have some t1 and t2 gears, and HOw do you achieve 2k def?

i only have 1k def at the moment, averaging 1500 with Soul link for 10secs, but i would like to know a gear build that can achieve 2k def;

Please consider recovery and crit. If i used an Ioun Stone of allure can i put def runes on it and have it passed onto me?

There is a video by UnspecifiedError that shows you how to increase your def, but the way I did it was using my Ioun Stone and rings/neck items getting the rings with defense you can get 300 defense just from 2 150 defense rings add that to your Stone with and eldritch stone and you will easily reach that amount eldritch stone on rank 6 give you 8% extra stats on top of the stats that are transfered over from the stone.
    edited June 2013
    I really wonder why def on cleric gears are rather low and we dont have a life saving dmg immunity that will be on for a few seconds just to get a breather.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fabael wrote: »
    There is a video by UnspecifiedError that shows you how to increase your def, but the way I did it was using my Ioun Stone and rings/neck items getting the rings with defense you can get 300 defense just from 2 150 defense rings add that to your Stone with and eldritch stone and you will easily reach that amount eldritch stone on rank 6 give you 8% extra stats on top of the stats that are transfered over from the stone.

What he said...

and

I have seen players resort to wearing blue gear. Apparently the defensive numbers are much larger on blue gear.
    edited June 2013
    well i was really looking for other ways other than having godly gears.
  • krisstina2333krisstina2333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What he said...

and

I have seen players resort to wearing blue gear. Apparently the defensive numbers are much larger on blue gear.

More def on blue gear, but that doesnt make any difference because of the diminishing return...u can see u gain a lot of def but ur dmg reduce just about 1% increased...
    edited June 2013
    fabael wrote: »

What are these defense rings called?

So 2 defense rings on me, one on the stone (as well as the neck and possibly icon with defense stats?) plus an eldritch stone should bump me up a fair bit?
  • darksuportdarksuport Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have 3000 defense which puts me on 39% dmg reduction no buff's, fully buffed im near cap on top of that i have 16% deflection rate and 1600 regeneration in pvp not hard to get enchants and gear wise just ignore Gear score means nothing :D
  • veb13nveb13n Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For what it's worth, I got close to 2k defense (1.98k) by getting ancient/grand priest rings of burning light. Also got a couple of armor pieces with defense slots.

My gear score is low though. :p
    edited June 2013
    darksuport wrote: »
    i have 3000 defense which puts me on 39% dmg reduction no buff's, fully buffed im near cap on top of that i have 16% deflection rate and 1600 regeneration in pvp not hard to get enchants and gear wise just ignore Gear score means nothing :D

i would love to know your choices of gears :) including pet
    edited June 2013
    i don't actually have a pet since i dont pve:D and what server are you on and i can show ya:D
    edited June 2013
    My question would be what's your power, recovery and crit of course. Without a pet it would seem like you must of sacrificed quite a bit of the normal stats to pick up so much defense not to mention the deflection and regen. Of course it makes mroe sense if you only PVP it's ok to do a little less dmg if you stay alive a lot longer, the regen is especially useful in this case, much more so than deflection imo. People's enchants have a lot to do with what stats they can pull off too. using mostly rank 7-6 enchants makes a huge diference compared to rank 4-5 so that's something to keep in mind too
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well depending on how much they "fixed" agro, defense above 2K might be less critical too. The higher the better was the logic at the time because when you cleric stepped on to the battle area, it almost always instantly drew agro from all mobs.
    edited June 2013
    Well depending on how much they "fixed" agro, defense above 2K might be less critical too. The higher the better was the logic at the time because when you cleric stepped on to the battle area, it almost always instantly drew agro from all mobs.

Agreed but I'd still shoot for 2k, should be able to get that in conjunction with pet without too much trouble, just after a certain point you don't need to stack mroe crit, recovery, etc and power is just a dump stat, doesn't scale very well
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    Agreed but I'd still shoot for 2k, should be able to get that in conjunction with pet without too much trouble, just after a certain point you don't need to stack mroe crit, recovery, etc and power is just a dump stat, doesn't scale very well

yes, I agree, 2K is the breaking point, you start losing out on other stats if you go too heavy in to one. I wonder if there is a magic number for recovery?
    edited June 2013
    yes, I agree, 2K is the breaking point, you start losing out on other stats if you go too heavy in to one. I wonder if there is a magic number for recovery?

Above 3k it starts to get hit real hard by the diminishing returns. The objective used to be that your recharge speed from recovery + charisma + int should be at least 33%. That was so you could keep AS up 100%. With the changes though we'll see what's up. I'd still want my recovery as high as reasonably possible though because the more I cast the more I can heal and the more divine power / action points I generate
    edited June 2013

Its not only the agro i am concerned about, its taking in dmg per se. I assume that you've noticed that sometimes, regardless of what we do, we still get hit either when are casting spells or being targeted by ranged, i just really want to avoid more damage as possible.

i don't actually have a pet since i dont pve:D and what server are you on and i can show ya:D

Dragon server now... erased my beholder toon a week ago. why dont you just pm me your gears :)
    edited June 2013
    im on dragon as well .

just checked out the nerfs to the cleric just now im gona go dps now i think lol