test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For those "someone has to cap the base" who can't fight.

chinohatechinohate Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sick of those base hoppers only exchanging base and losing fights.

Your tactic works always ONLY WHEN YOU CAP FASTER THAN ENEMY W/O DYING.
If you die and lose a base, -1 for your team and others have to deal with 4v5. Simple math.
So that we have to avoid mid fights and hopping around because of you (not that someone but YOU).

If you want to do that, np. Sit on a enemy base and keep winning 1v1, avoid 2v1 or more and re-cap. CARRY ME PLZ.
You cannot always do that ? So that indeed your tactic is not valid.
Post edited by chinohate on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    th_waaaa.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I get annoyed by this too.
  • chinohatechinohate Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    th_waaaa.jpg

It's not even close to my emorage. Try with better pic bro.
  • kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure your stance is wholly valid, chinohate -- while it's true that if someone is going to be trying to capture 1 or 3 they should ideally be able to succeed, even a failed attempt peels one or more enemies off of 2, which makes it much easier for a good group to hold. Plus, a failed attempt stops the other team from gaining points on that base for a few moments, which can make a huge difference if the score is close, and can make up for a significant point imbalance if the "mid" team stays put and holds or re-takes 2 every time enemies are peeled off.

The issue with unsuccessful base capturing comes when more than one team member is trying to do it, leaving the middle base undefended.

In short, less rage, more coordination! :D
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Capturing is worth more points. So people do that.

Killing people is pastiche.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    This came from less coordination at first place. If those hoppers tactic is to coordinate, like following up the situation and try their best even in a bad situation for their build, I wouldn't have come up this way.

"Peels" sounds sweet but that covering the fact that those hoppers were already peeled from team by far than someone roaming and protecting their own side base and mid.

I just hope they improve their tactic, at least.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The problem is that personal score > team score. So people let you engage then leave you to fight alone or 3vs5 and run to cap enemy base. Team lose, they win a blue item.
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

That is exactly my point. Remember enemy can also capture, more efficiently with a team after winning a base while the opponents are spawning and doing nothing.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The problem is to many idiots who want to cap just for the points and so can be top, they don't care about keeping it, they want people to cap it back so they can just cap again and for all this they get a worthless blue item /golf clap
    It comes down to pugs period.
    There is basics about pvp that way to many don't know.
    Healers running off at the start to cap your own flag, while letting the majority of the group run to mid without a healer.
    Fighting a group who has a healer and not bothering to focus them first, and wonder why the person you are fighting wont die.
    Facing a group with 2 healers and thinking its impossible to win, because yet again, rather than all focusing on the same healer first, so no matter how good the healers are, they can't heal through it.
    At least with gauntlygrym it's going to be guild only, I am actually rolling on a diff server just to make sure I can pvp for gauntlygrym as the server I am on has bugger all active pvp guilds.
    edited June 2013
    alecstorm wrote: »
    The problem is that personal score > team score. So people let you engage then leave you to fight alone or 3vs5 and run to cap enemy base. Team lose, they win a blue item.
    Agree. This might be fixed if capturing score shared in the team.
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Winning is more important to me. I'd rather go 0-10 and win the game than go 20-0 but lose.
    Admiralsig.png
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »

Killing people is pastiche.

Pretty much this ^
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well lucky for you with the upcoming patch, PvP rewards might not even be worth caring about. So...congratulations?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    If you're going to run around capping bases or just simply camp opponent's point, then you better be a def stacked defender.
    If not, then join the rest of the team and help beat the SH*T out out of the other team.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Pro GF approves the message above.
    chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pro GF approves the message above.
    chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

Whoa you get paid to pvp in neverwinter, can't believe anyone would be interested in watching pvp in this game.