test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR maxdps/crit build (past update)

muckbanemuckbane Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hello,

With the free respec token I would like to finetune my TR halfling. I would like to have a kinda maxdps/crit build which is also valid after todays update. Since I am very uncreative in planing my own build, I would like to ask you to link relevant builds. Thank you very much in advance.
Post edited by muckbane on

Comments

• Options
    agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    The same duelist flurry/lurker's executioner build you've been using should work for max DPS. Additionally power is a lot more effective on us now. Power, Armor Penetration and Recovery may be our key stats in PvP. PvE you still want between 40 & 50% crit, about 22% armor pen and 2k to 3k recovery. Finally stack power as high as it will go. Armor Pen > Crit > Recovery = Power.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    yep but since power only affects encounters and dailies (no at-wills). it doesn't do "that much". and if you want to focus on boss fights you need to get your armorpen to 24% (~2550) since it's:
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    Tier 1 and Tier 2 Mitigation:
    Enemies are Level 62 in Tier 1 and level 65 in Tier 2. This does not affect their mitigation.

Bosses 24% mitigation
    Brutes 20% or 22% mitigation
    Strikers and Leaders 16.2% or 18% mitigation
    Minions 14.4% mitigation
    Controllers and Ranged Strikers 12.8% or 14% mitigation

(Have not yet tested Castle Never)

i would aim for:

24% arpen > as close 50% crit you can get > power > recov only passive if values fit

currently i am at
    • 4324 power (5398 with swash)
    • 4170 crit (50,7 % with campfire and skillful inf.)
    • 2506 arpen (23,8 %)
    • 1377 recov (2391 with swash)

i wasn't changing anything before the patch, but after i guess i will go down a bit in crit (to match 50%) and add power in my free slots.

heroic feats should stay the way they are - maybe scoundrel training 3/3 and Disciple of Strength 2/3 (since you should have less aggro but that depends on group so you can switch this around)

since deadly momentum gets a heavy nerf and will give us 15% cs max instead of 75% how about the following build http://reyva.com/resources/neverwinter-powers-feat-simulator.9/#crBHaO826dMkALhnoVGTfThwZF0PMUbnBAYZLoNZ4sketP2E0704sJT0nwHvQJKYY6sEG7ATC (just hit "feats") especially considering that gfs and gwfs will get so much more aggro now.

regarding gauntlgrym: as for pvp i don't exactly know how to value arpen. but crit remains and then i guess power (recov only passive).

p.s. my char is a Drow TR with 25 Dex, 23 Str, 16 Cha, 12, 12, 12 (incl. campfire buff)