test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTB More Paragon Paths.

vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have readed plenty of threads talking about new classes and races, but very few about new paragon paths. So, I felt that I should open one thread about paragon paths to even the odds.

These are the paragon paths that we have at the moment:

GF: Iron Vanguard
GWF: Swordmaster
DC: Divine Oracle
CW: Spellstorm Mage
TR: Master Infiltrator
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
Post edited by vold316 on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When they are ready perhaps?
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    When they are ready perhaps?

Hmm, that didn't occour to me, thanks for the insight. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like to see more path's too , but i want to ask player's to vote for path's.
    To SEE GOOD and EVIL path the middle path have we now!
    GF:new path possibly Good Paladin(TAB options: lay on heand) ,EVIL Blackguard(TAB options:Poison Weapon)
    GWF:new path possibly Good(chaotic) Barbarian(TAB options:RAGE) , Evil Frenzyed Berserker(TAB options:Frenzy)
    DC:new path possibly Good Radiant Servant (Evil Slayer) Evil Stormlord(Ligthning Based damage)
    CW:new path possibly Good Arcmage (TAB options:meta magic)EVil:Pale Master(TAB options:Necrotic touch)
    TR:new path possibly Good Swadow Dancer(Plane Walk) Evil: Assasin(Backstab)
    But i like to see more ideas!
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    monyatmonyat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The paths are confusing in general for people that have just started the game, Ive been on it for 1 day and think its awesome, a mile higher than the overpriced Elder Scrolls.

Can someone fill in in a nutshell what the paths do? As far as i can tell they're a chance to semi-duel class yourself-ish?

Discuss....?
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    monyat wrote: »
    The paths are confusing in general for people that have just started the game, Ive been on it for 1 day and think its awesome, a mile higher than the overpriced Elder Scrolls.

Can someone fill in in a nutshell what the paths do? As far as i can tell they're a chance to semi-duel class yourself-ish?

Discuss....?

Well...path is made for u to make your character more flexible according to your playstile and preferences to pve or pvp.

For example Ranger now have two paths: Stormwarden and Pathfinder both of em are more meele like play stile due to more feats for deflect and meele damage increase. But storm is better in fighting multiple targets when path is better in single target specially pvp fights.

So all paths are made to bring you a veriety of choices to go along.

Plus i can advise on reading d&d tabletop paragon paths list. They give a full insite on what you are up to when chosing sertain path.

Sorry for grammar mistakes. ))
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Monyat , as a new player welcome but just a heads up for you ,in future try not to post on threads that are this old , this thread was last posted on over a year ago and is completely out of date .

Paragon paths are supposed to let your class take different roles in gameplay , for instance using the great weapon fighters two paragon paths as a very rough and basic example , one might allow a Great weapon fighter to put out a lot of damage but be quite squishy and the other might make him be able to sustain a lot of damage but hit like a feather , of course this is very simplified but I'm sure you get the idea.

If you are looking for information on each class follow magenubbies advice and check out the class forums .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    monyat wrote: »

Discuss....?

Basicly, they allow you to select between two (currently) flavors of a class. They are not a major change, the difference between paragon paths consists in:

1 at-will
    1 encounter
    1 daily
    3 class features
    3 paragon feats (one per "build tree")

In the case of a Control Wizard, for instance, you choose between fire-themed and storm-themed powers/feats. The Spellstorm paragon adds some extra ways of shocking/electrocuting your foes, the Master of Flame adds extra damage effects. But usually nothing that changes the core features of your class.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pursuant to Rules of Conduct, please don't post in threads more than 30 days old, as they may contain outdated information--as this one does. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.