test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym available on PTR!

gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
PLgWaRl.png

Seems like they enabled Gauntlgrym on the PTR with the most recent mini-update.

You can find it by going to any city gate and selecting the Gauntlgrym icon, however, you need to be in a guild with an allegiance to either side to even click the icon. You can create a guild in about 5 seconds by randomly inviting people however and the quest to set an allegiance takes about 2 minutes.

For anyone curious, it seems like the new PvP sets all follow the same formula - they are scaled to T2 stats, gain an additional 5% effectiveness (i.e. stealth meter increased by 25% instead of 20%) and then additionally add 5% of some kind of stat (damage/deflect/healing/etc.)

It seems like we need 20 people on each side to even start the event so it'd be good if people could hop in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Come join us, I'm going to make an enemy guild so we can play against the one already set up!
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wonder if they have unique apperence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We have a guild that is set up and allied with the Luskan Corsairs. The other faction is the Delzhoun Explorers.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    To bad that PvE Sets are still better than PvP Sets. :(
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    To bad that PvE Sets are still better than PvP Sets. :(

Effort vs reward.
    PvP will always be easier as it requires nothing more then time, therefore on pair, but still inferior item rewards.
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Effort vs reward.
    PvP will always be easier as it requires nothing more then time, therefore on pair, but still inferior item rewards.

PvE requires nothing more than time....
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thorizden wrote: »

Really? I can AFK dungeons and get rewarded? How you beat boss with afk?!?!
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Really? I can AFK dungeons and get rewarded? How you beat boss with afk?!?!

I'd love to know that one, hahaha.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's my point. Why offer T2 PvP Gear if the gear does not give you an advantage to PvP!

PvP Gear should be itemized for very high damage mitigation and in the video they already talked about resilience buff. Why not have resilience in the gear and customize gear for PvP.

This way players will have (2) Sets of GEAR.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thorizden wrote: »

Go AFK me T3 weapons and T2 set, go ahead. Tell me how it went and how much did you sit at starting campfires to get them.
    That's my point. Why offer T2 PvP Gear if the gear does not give you an advantage to PvP!

PvP Gear should be itemized for very high damage mitigation and in the video they already talked about resilience buff. Why not have resilience in the gear and customize gear for PvP.

You misunderstood them. Resilience=mitigation=resistance=defense/deflection. Don't think of WoW when hearing "resilience", you will be less confused in the future.
    And PvP gear is overflowing with Life Steal, if LS is not handy in PvP, then I don't know what is.
  • Options
    ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    So is there any guild i can join to try Gauntlgrym out?
  • Options
    cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Nice so they need to now put in a gear set swap and power set swap for either when you are doing PVE or PVP. That would be nice!
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cnynridr2 wrote: »
    Nice so they need to now put in a gear set swap and power set swap for either when you are doing PVE or PVP. That would be nice!

yeah, let us grind for 5129 different sets, sounds like a great endgame...
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So any opinions on how it plays? Or are there not enough people for 20v20 on the pts?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice if you didn't need to be in a guild to queue up. Let people set their faction and charge AD to change it or something.
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited June 2013

That's a terrible idea. Having to lug around 2 sets, having to run 2 specs. What's next. If they want to force mix PvE and PvP, which was an even worse Idea to begin with, why force people to change when playing between the 2.
  • Options
    fafhrydfafhryd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most games split the sets, with some PVP damage/mitigation only stats on the PVP set at the cost of PVE damage/mit stats. There are various reasons it makes sense to do so.
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People who don't like PvP aren't going to PvP. They'll head to PvE. Punishing people for playing PvP but not having good gear to buy means less people will be doing it. I really believe that both gear sets should be equal to one another, that way you can gear up ib PvP for PvE, or vice versa. You don't have to drag your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gearing for both. I'm not playing two separate games afterall, I'm playing Neverwinter Online. This is what I originally did in DCUO, and I started doing a ton of PvE because PvE always had one Tier higher than PvP. It worked out well... until Sony broke the entire game with reset tokens.

Otherwise I'd suggest a different type of PvP that let you do PvP with pre-set characters, like the ones from the books, all with preset skills and gear, like Legends PvP in DCUO (again, one of my favorite modes... till they screwed it up). That way people could go in and PvP without having to gear up at all, be gaining experience and whatnot through their entire career, then take their own, hard earned gear and character, into battle at the end.