test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Issues???

brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Starting having issues yesterday with server connection problems while running the game. Unistalled and reinstalled the game...just got disconnected from server completely..Anyone else having issues???

Just got locked up again....geez
Post edited by brickster51 on

Comments

• Options
    thekevrletthekevrlet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes. Just spent 30 minutes doing Spellplague (through terrible 20-90 second lag spikes, constant death, and general uselessness due to this) only to end up getting DCed 3 times at the end of the dungeon, thus losing all the loot AND the chest. GG PWE, it's only your game having this problem. Fix it.
  • Options
    dropkickkdropkickk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thekevrlet wrote: »
    Yes. Just spent 30 minutes doing Spellplague (through terrible 20-90 second lag spikes, constant death, and general uselessness due to this) only to end up getting DCed 3 times at the end of the dungeon, thus losing all the loot AND the chest. GG PWE, it's only your game having this problem. Fix it.

This is the problem I'm having. I randomly get 20-300+ lag spikes. It started last night for the first time after I leveled to 60 with no issues. I've installed no new hardware,software and have made no changes to my pc. I did /net graph 1 and I can see that when I suffering these horrendous lag spikes (server not responding) my "recv" is spiking up to 800,000 while my ping is steady at 100-120 and sent packs never go above a hundred or so.

This is frustrating because its making dungeons unplayable. It's not everyone because one group I had no issues. The next t seemed like every pull
    I've tried all the "fixes"

Disable on demand patches,s
    Activated us proxy
    Windowed mode
    Even the traditional registry and trip fixes for lag correction.

Nothing works. Some insight would be helpful
  • Options
    clintneclintne Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes all morning log having login issues just got my adventures pack and it booted me out.
  • Options
    vargr01vargr01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. Began sometime yesterday, or at least got bad enough to affect gameplay then. "Server not responding" notices from 70 to 400+ seconds. Triggered by trying to load a new scene in a foundry quest, pressing "Alt" button, trying to move, and any other demand for remote info. Have restarted game, turned off all firewall and virus sweeps, restarted system - nothing changes it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We grow not old so long as we continue to chase our dreams.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hearing this I'm convinced its not me. There's a legit problem with something on the PWE server side. The question is what...
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    same here..posts cropping up everywhere..something is breaking somewhere.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here

/10char
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    ashileighashileigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup can't even log in anymore. Was in a few minutes ago, went to switch characters and now all I get is server not responding as it's trying to load the game until it times out..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is what i see when i zone into instances

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1637/lagai.jpg

I can see them chatting asking about me but i can only respond in /say Party chat isnt working. Im frozen in place Server isnt responding. I have no idea what the problem is.
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay so its not isolated on my end. Computer is fine, internet is fine, but im rubber banding and skills are taking like a second or to after casting, for the last two days. Others are getting dc's for upwards of a minute and a half in my guild.
  • Options
    chadd02chadd02 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yesterday the server was great...Today.. total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Feels like I am downloading something large and it won't stop. 3-4 second delays random rubber banding. 100% unplayable.
  • Options
    regik76regik76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here. Just started last night. I haven't had problems with lag or connection problems until now.

The lag spikes are 60+ seconds long. Some followed by a complete disconnect. Game is currently unplayable.
  • Options
    lappdancerlappdancer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had the same issues last night. Frequently the combat (on my end) would just stop for normally around 5-10 seconds...then it would play catch up on everything that happened.

Couple times it was really bad with the "Server Not Responding" message for ~30seconds or so.

Got a lot worse when I tried to do the 60 skirmish. Was pretty much constantly rubber banding all over the place.

Even when it seemed to be frozen though...zone chat still seemed to come through fine.
  • Options
    lexglolexglo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed same issue here. I even played other games online and they worked out fine. PWE side. Wonder how long it will take for them to fix it...
  • Options
    vargr01vargr01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Currently passing 30 minutes to load a foundry quest. The progress bar went from zero to about 80% in a matter of seconds, then stalled there. Now it "ticks" a fraction of an inch, and then "Server not responding" appears for 300-1000+ seconds. Then it "ticks" again, and another "not responding" count begins. The current one just "ticked" at 400-something seconds, and now we're back at 30 secs and counting up again.

I'm just going to let it run and see if it ever completes that last 3/4 of an inch of progress. Just for curiosity's sake.

I pity the folks who are looking forward to "Streamer's Day" tomorrow. If they haven't fixed this issue, all those Cryptic hope to get introduced to the game through the 'free advertising' are going to run away laughing at those of us trying to play it. Great way to crash your audience's confidence in the product.

"Streamer's Day" is likely to become "Learn new and creative curse words" day, watching a player pull a mob and then stand like a statue while the game lags and the mob beats him to a pulp.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    mirastarmirastar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't even load the launcher. It keeps giving me an "Error 14."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lovely - that experiment ended badly. System finally disconnected me from server. Re-log brought my character into the game on the streets of Protector's Enclave, instead of inside the first room of the "Noble's House" where I was to enter the portal to progress to the next level.

Unfortunately, the door into the "noble's house" isn't accessible now, since I've already passed that point of the mission. So, time to drop the mission and start it all over from scratch. REALLY hope they figure out what's wrong with their bandwith, or this is going to be a pretty darn miserable launch.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    blueblazephoenixblueblazephoenix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue here. It's been getting worse gradually, especially since yesterday. Thinking I dodged an attack only to get hit by it a second later is driving me up the wall. Hoping they do something about it soon. It's making even the easiest dungeon runs a pain, not to mention the more challenging ones.
  • Options
    deadlybudzdeadlybudz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problems, nothings fixed it, PWE CAN WE GET A FIX OR A POST IT TELLING US U EVEN CARE?!
    I get ****ed up and do ****ed up **** to people....
  • Options
    lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Yah, something is awry. Wouldn't load any of my character models in the login menu and been stuck at the loading screen for 10minutes so far... Hopefully some new awesome exploit is happening that other people are getting rich from and there's a 2 week roll back for the rest of us. :D
  • Options
    urborgstalkerurborgstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got on briefly and was able to set new Leadership tasks and get my coins, then got dropped and haven't been able to get past the character selection screen since.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    20 minute wait at objective's door. Disconnect from server. Log back in. No visible characters at log screen. - Not entirely an entertaining experience going on here.

No response from Cryptic on issue = beginning to sound like CO's (non)responsiveness. Not improving my long-term confidence in this MMO at the moment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if their new "pre-patching" feature might be partly to blame for this? That just began very recently. Now, when anyone logs out of game, and they haven't already loaded the next release, the launcher app re-starts and a HUGE 3Gig patch begins to run. This would load up their bandwidth. If the resulting lag causes more players to log off, their "pre-patch" loads also commence, further loading up the "pipes" and the problem spirals.

Just a thought, cause I just crashed to desktop and the "pre-patch" is running now. And I can't cancel it to try to get back into game (Patch "Cancel" button vanished).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    pepperz42pepperz42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this started for me last night as well. Not sure what's up, I haven't really had any issues with logging on and lag issues until last night. So this is very strange. Seems like I can occasionally log on for professions but if I try to switch toons it's all over. Anyone know of anything new being implemented last night?
  • Options
    ualoxualox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    log in server been bad all morning here and it seems this company is too big to even realized or care that many cannot get into game
  • Options
    goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My foundry quest is stuck on currently publishing for several hours... something is definitely up.
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    i have pinged a number of sites and logged into a bunch of different online games and don't have a latency issue. the latency is on PW servers.

I am sure they know but as usual they don't communicate with their player base.
  • Options
    tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here, had this issue since last night. Something to do with the Pre-Patching going on its killing the bandwidth on their end and slamming the game on end users.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yea Ive played closed beta and never had problems..last night at the DD it started..everything was fine in Karrundax..when I got out back to enclave it started up again..today..the lag and server not responding followed me into a dungeon.It's so bad i cant even que for DDs..or check mail..or use the ah.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey everybody, we're looking into this issue. Could you please post here with your ISP name and traceroute info:

1) Go to the start menu
    2) Type in cmd in the search field
    3) Hit Enter
    4) In the command prompt that pops up, type tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    5) Hit Enter
    6) Copy and paste (or screenshot) the results

Thanks for your help!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!