test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cleric help

hexd1hexd1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
recently made cleric and struggling with it ,i made it as there was always lack of clerics now
i have been in a few tier 1 dungeons done a couple ok but a few i have trouble staying alive to heal folk then they kick off abusing me so here i am asking for advice
here is my set up
astral shield 3
lance of faith 3
sun burst 3
guardians of faith 2
healers lore 3
flame strike 3
hallowed ground 3
chains of blazing 3
divine fortune 3
sacred flame 3
daunting light 3
forgemaster 3
doom 2
foresight 3
brand of the sun 3
bastion of health 3
divine armour 3
divine glow 3
astral shield 3
hammer of fate 3

feats
greater fortune 3/3
toughness 3/3
holy resolve 2/3
domain synergy 4/5
initiate of faith 2/5
repurpose soul 3/3
cleanse 1/3
bountiful fortune 5/5
rising hope 2/5
enduring relief 5/5
benifit of foresight 5/5
linked spirit 5/5
invigorating healing 5/5
mark of mending 4/5
moon touched 4/5
and the faithful box ticked

the problem im having is 1 keeping divine up when everyone want divine heals and 2 getting ganked by a million mobs as i cant do much when running away and sun burst is on cool down any tip .advice would be very grateful as im sick of the abuse and close to deleting the char atm
Post edited by hexd1 on

Comments

• spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hexd1 wrote: »
    the problem im having is 1 keeping divine up when everyone want divine heals and 2 getting ganked by a million mobs as i cant do much when running away and sun burst is on cool down any tip .advice would be very grateful as im sick of the abuse and close to deleting the char atm

This makes it sound like your casting sunburst in divine mode, which you should never do. Firstly, it's your best divine power/ AP regenerator and secondly the pushback scaters mobs which decreases group dps, can agro more mobs and screws up CW control mechanics. This should only be cast in divine mode to knock mobs off ledges or in an emergency where you absolutely need to get the mobs off you.

Your problem is probably from running around too much without being able to attack with your at wills and then trying to use dailys in divine mode constantly. Always make sure you have enough divine power to throw down AS, use sunburst to regen lots of divine power and heal group and your final encounter is kinda up to you. FF seems to work best for clearing trash etc, some boss fights its better to have something else. If you don't get to use at wills too much I'd recomendo using Brand of the sun in conjunction with astral shield for passive divine power/ HP regen and for cleansing party members. I assume your using foresight? if not then you really need to slot that, it's the best passive, you should run it with the one that gives you increased AP gain, unless your doing something kite heavy then I like to use divine fortune in conjunction with healing word.

With 10 points in righteous feats you can get righteous rage of Tempus, which gives you divine power on crit (this is where crit helps you, on top of giving out free heals because of repurpose souls) and ethereal boon which gives you divine power when your encounters come off cool down. Therefore you can spam abilities and get divine power every time one comes off CD and you get even more from crits. This also lets you cast spells while just standing around waiting in order to regen divine power, no need to deal damage or actually heal anything.

The domain synergy feat happens to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it literally like gives you 50 recovery which is usless. Weapon Master (free crit) is much better. Initiate of faith is also completely usless, it's 1% so even if you have 5000 power you'd only gain 50 crit rating, completely usless.

A note on enduring relief. It currently procs from AS cast in divine mode, so as longer as people stand in the AS circle they are affected by it. Also, it states that it is applied when people are healed from divine mode, not when a spell is cast in divine mode. Therefore you can use sunburst to proc this, without casting it in divine mode, just cast in normal mode and then tab into divine mode. This works for linked spirit (only works when people are healed from divine mode, the tooltip currently doesn't state this, but it's how it works) also. I find linked spirit good as a crutch at the begining to boost stats, but once you have better gear it becomes pretty usless because of the diminishing returns. So even if your getting 25% more, from healing all party members, it's not really doing much because your stats are pretty much capped out already.
    Mark of mending is kinda a waste of feat points. You have more powerful abilities to slot then healers lore, especially late game, the bonus just isnt that much, and the 5% of power to recovery has the same issues as before, it's just not that much and you're already capped out anyways.
    Faithful box ticked? you mean greater divine power? If so that's pretty bad too because in most fights you never even fill up your divine power to the full 3 pip's, normally your casting encounters again in divine mode before that.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tis nice to frontload with 4 pips, though. Excessive, but still: nice. :P
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Your feat and power build seems fine for PvE healing. Here's my take on a build using Brand of the Sun and the basic healing feats/powers (non-human).

As Spani says, Astral Seal and Brand of the Sun is a great combo for generating divine power. If you hate DoTs, go for Sacred Flame and Astral Seal.

The general tactic in dungeons is to only dodge/skip and not run around too much. In most situations, your wizard and/or guardian should be able to safe you.

The priority list of Encounters will look like this in most cases:
    1. Astral Shield (with Divine Power)
    2. Sun Burst (without Divine Power) - to generate Divine Power and to get a bit of healing
    3. Forgemaster's Flame (with Divine Power when you can afford it, without if you are running low)

Basically, if you cast Astral Shield in Divine Mode every time it's off cooldown, people shouldn't complain. We have probably all received a bunch of complains from people who think we can single target heal them like we would in "a different MMO". We can't. If people take spike damage and is in need of urgent healing, they need to pot out of it (or not stand in red circles).

The best guards against angry group members is growing a thick skin and keep learning.
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • hexd1hexd1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thank you so much for the help im very grateful