What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requesting Review - The Search for the Phoenix King

2»

Comments

• desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    The Dark Garden (*****)

Why are all you awesome people looking at my pathetic quest? Oh well.

- I like the note you left in the beginning. I might steal this idea and insert a small forward to my own quest in this manner. Theft!
    - Good twist with the wand. Was not expecting that.
    - It might be hard to see through, but I really like the effect with the darkness and the grayscale. Really set the mood right and gave me a couple of ideas.
    - The plot concept is outstanding.
    - The conversation with the plot's primary NPC, Nealyn, is just dandy.

5/5. Good ****.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
    edited June 2013
    The Eternal Light (****)

- I like the inclusion of guards. For non-party play, and stacked encounters, they do a lot to even the playing field especially as a CW. Yay, meatshields!
    - I do have one question; how did you make the guards follow you? I'm considering using this in the future in one of my own quests and it's something I'm not sure how to do yet.
    - The combat was balanced - I especially liked the last fight. Bravo.

As much as I usually dislike 'fetch quests' (besides writing them myself of course, har har), it seems to me that you've done a good job of creating a dungeon crawl. Not a lot of lore, not a whole lot of interactables - only one, actually - but what you did accomplish is polished work. Good job.
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the review. To get the guards to follow you'll have to set their behavior to follow. BTW I made a video of running your quest.
    http://youtu.be/WGURyuk_abU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
    The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
    Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
    The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
    An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
    The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
    edited June 2013
    Pack Man (5/5)
    - The sound was very well done, and the story - I mean, you gave pack man a story that makes the original video game sort of make sense in an evil and twisted way. Well done.

This is very original and I recommend it. I couldn't find anything wrong in the dialogue or execution, either.

Whew. Now I'm done - anyone else want to trade reviews?
  • annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    desgallant wrote: »
    Pool of the Dead (****)

- "Trash 1", "Graveyard 1", and after that I stopped counting. Excluding the statues, your interactables are all generically named. A minor polish issue.
    - And while I'm on the subject of the statues, those are kind of funny. I shook my fist at one of your NPC's ancestors!
    - A minor note - "I don't know, I didn't author the quest!" Very lighthearted. It's not like there's a greater story here, that I can find, so it is more appropriate in my opinion than on some other quests (including mine).

4/5. I really did enjoy the dungeon crawl. Sometimes you just want to, you know, skip all the dialogue and get to killing things. This would be one of the quests to do it in.

Yeah, I know. I nitpick that because I know that I need to fix it. lol I've got to go back in and do some work when the Foundry comes back up.

I really was trying to be *very* light on storyline and yet toss in enough humor to make it entertaining. I found it quite amusing to come up with the statues. They're my favorite part.

Thanks for checking it out!
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
    edited June 2013
    I have fixed some of the 'errors', fleshed out some of the encounters, added in some music.

Need a play through or two to tell me how I did with the corrections. Still willing to review trade!