test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give the Game a little Color.

lexdoodisslexdoodiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Simply put, I'm tired of looking like every other character of my class at my lvl. And alot of people have *****ed about the game graphics not being all that great. I am not totally fine with the graphics, but whatever you can squeeze out. Anyway, the COLOR issue.
If you lose the **** dye packs, you lose a little money (here's a tissue...). BUT, you Increase the graphics quality of the game by letting us choose our outfit colors anytime, or at little cost at a tailor. Then instead of a boring same as everyone else sense of identity. We can all look different, while wearing the same gear. That alone will give the game a new life to those who desire better graphics. It is not better graphics, just new life to the visual idea of what it should look like.
Imagine if you will, showing up at a mission door, on a team with members you've never met. Your door is bland and boring, my door is colorfull with individualized characters. Everyone looking very cool execpt for the one guy with no fashion sense. And one character looking exceptional, and you tell them so.
Which door are you at?
I remember the excitement when television went "Now in Living COLOR", you should do the same, and add a spark to a game that is graphically needed. Individualization, I look like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
Oh, and the same would be nice for companions as well, and PLEASE, remove them from doors and logout points when transferring maps or exiting the game.

Thank you for listening.
The Fashion Police
Individual Relations Department
Post edited by lexdoodiss on

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some people do buy dyes, its just not enough to add 'color' to the game. The dye system they have would be fine if you didn't fully change gear every other level. Or if we had a multitude of fashion items to dye instead. As it is though, dye is nearly useless until you hit 60 with a character.

I don't think they are into changing the whole dye mechanic. So I'm hoping they add infinite use dyes (for a higher cost of course.) More people would be willing to use them at lower levels if they didn't need a new dye set every couple hours.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, Its a good point you are making lexdoodiss and runebanes response sums up the issue with your suggestions nicely. an infinite dye would yes be the best option as you could use that dye on that signal toon whenever your gear changes.

As for the companions waiting at the doors i'm 99.9% sure that is a bug and will be addressed in the not to distant future.
  • jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I enjoyed the GW2 dye system myself.
    And since there are so few actual models of gear for each class a system like GW2 has would make it at least a little less god awful painful to see the mountains of clones running around.

Personally I would like to see a massive influx of gear models for each class, but GW2's dye system would at least put the pain of everybody being dressed the same in technicolor. ;)

Jorm
  • prolegapprolegap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There have been multiple threads on this issue, with no dev response so far. I'm sure the people at Cryptic understand that character customization is a big draw in their games, and wouldn't at all mind adding some more, but they aren't an independent studio, and are getting their orders from PW.
    I too am hoping for more dyes and other customization options, but things don't look too good on that front, frankly.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's soooo, bland and boring after Champions. Even the dyes don 't do much. I've taken to wearing the Costume since my armour still looks exactyl the same at 20 as it did at 5. GREY. That and picking the brightest ahir colour I can, so I can spot my charac ter in the crowd.
    edited June 2013
    it's soooo, bland and boring after Champions. Even the dyes don 't do much. I've taken to wearing the Costume since my armour still looks exactyl the same at 20 as it did at 5. GREY. That and picking the brightest ahir colour I can, so I can spot my charac ter in the crowd.

The only mmo that I can ever remember playing that has this few of armor models is STO.
    But it kind of makes sense with STO because it's folks in uniforms. But you did have a color palette to select from when your bridge officers joined or when you changed your uniform/clothes on your character.

I really hope that the people that use to make the argument that "it's beta, they'll add the final models on release..." are right and not just tilting at windmills.

Do dye packs drop ingame? Or are the only place to get them is from the zen store?

Jorm
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    I think the worst thing is all the clone companions (standing at the Shrine of the Gods is a little like being in the Village of the Damned) - STO had a lot of customization options for your Bridge Officers (although sadly, they've been removing that flexibility with new BOFFs they've introduced) - at level 60 I'm reasonably happy with the way my Cleric looks (I bought a couple of dye packs) but the AD cost to change gear appearance is outrageous. Better/cheaper customization options would definitely be appreciated!
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Some people do buy dyes, its just not enough to add 'color' to the game. The dye system they have would be fine if you didn't fully change gear every other level. Or if we had a multitude of fashion items to dye instead. As it is though, dye is nearly useless until you hit 60 with a character.

I don't think they are into changing the whole dye mechanic. So I'm hoping they add infinite use dyes (for a higher cost of course.) More people would be willing to use them at lower levels if they didn't need a new dye set every couple hours.

the dyes they do have are severely overpriced as is, there should be 8 uses per dye pack, and 32 uses per single dye, at what they are charging. (or an infinite dye pack/single color, for current prices)
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the dyes they do have are severely overpriced as is, there should be 8 uses per dye pack, and 32 uses per single dye, at what they are charging. (or an infinite dye pack/single color, for current prices)

The devs are probably holding back on the miracle dye patch. I believe they have hinted as such in various threads. I myself have never found a dye to drop from any mob even though the tips in game suggest that they do. I do check the AH often for dyes and you can also purchase them with ardent coins. I think the ardent price should be dropped by about half and the selection should be up to the player, give us a palette to choose from when we choose our dyes.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just Port over the Champs Character Creator and be done with it.
    It's the best in the Industry and you WILL make more selling Costume Pieces than you make on Dye Packs.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    I really don't have a problem with it as it is. People can buy dyes if they choose. I do NOT miss the extreme over the top WoW type gear.
    edited June 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    I really don't have a problem with it as it is. People can buy dyes if they choose. I do NOT miss the extreme over the top WoW type gear.

We'll have to just agree to disagree with the situation "as it is", but that's fine.
    While wow did go to an extreme in many cases, I would be happy if they drew from first edition manuals and modules. Although that could get a bit crazy as well.

Jorm
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »

Disagree.

Please give us MORE gear choices (and more attractive ones), both armor and weapons, and give us some color. Dyes should be a rare drop.

Cryptic you know all those people who say the dungeons are full of useless trash to clear? Have the occasional dye drop and perhaps they'd change their tune;). The tool tips say dye should drop, yet I haven't met one person who has gotten a dye drop.
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    The tool tips say dye should drop, yet I haven't met one person who has gotten a dye drop.

I was wondering this myself. I got the impression that it was possible for dyes to drop ingame, but have yet to see this happen anywhere.

Jorm