test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug exploit castle never please fix ! ! ! !

2»

Comments

• jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gz another bug
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    15 days and counting, still not fixed. People still doing Castle Never "speed runs" everyday and every night.

Heck, this streamer is streaming how to do it right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/sicktir3d
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone! We're looking into these reports and take them very seriously. Thanks very much! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • ambosirisambosiris Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump this dam thread the game is dieing do something for f**k sake
  • xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Funny story cos if you are doing instances legit , and die somewhere far you sapwn at the first campfire and have 5 min walk, is that a fail way of fixing this kind of stuff?
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone! We're looking into these reports and take them very seriously. Thanks very much! :)

Oh wow, you finally posted your automated response in here! Step in the right direction, I suppose... even though a PM was sent to you about this exploit 15 days ago. Too bad no dev. has responded even though a PM was also sent to one of the only devs to post on the forum regarding this major exploit 15 days ago.
  • ngeongeo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So Castle never has still some exploits with campfires and deaths... I wont spoil everything and i will let the support to find the rest. 1 minor exploit is that if u die in the first corridor where a mini boss is (with the mini cinematic) you will instantly get teleported to the campfire before the 1st boss... Smart fix. Rest go find them yourselves support guyz. The more you search in google the more reasons you find why NW will never recover as a game if the exploits and bugs continue to rule the game... nuff said...
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ngeo wrote: »
    So Castle never has still some exploits with campfires and deaths... I wont spoil everything and i will let the support to find the rest. 1 minor exploit is that if u die in the first corridor where a mini boss is (with the mini cinematic) you will instantly get teleported to the campfire before the 1st boss... Smart fix. Rest go find them yourselves support guyz. The more you search in google the more reasons you find why NW will never recover as a game if the exploits and bugs continue to rule the game... nuff said...

Yeah. F%$# This.
    This game is ruined by exploits, lack of wipe before launching live, reintroducing old bugs or completely brand new ones into patches.
    The bots and exploits win.
    Faking a sick day at work to playtest gaunt and not even being able to use my keyboard.
    Being a 12k rogue and getting my ****ing *** handed to me by a 9k tank.

Congrats on posting more information about this instead of being a bit more patient, but we can see it took nearly a month before action was taken previously. Maybe I'll use your information now to harness some perfect vorpals, tenes, soulforged and w/e the **** else i want. Then i'll google how to dupe them all and PWN THIS GAME.

What. A. Joke.
    Bye!
    - behold, halflings.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Being able to skip to the first campfire, while definitely an exploit, is probably the most inconsequential of the issues with Castle Never.

Before the team goes trying to fix bugs that expedite player progress through an instance, they should probably focus on making sure that the intended mechanics are actually working properly. Frozen Heart is a case in point with the godawful infinite spawn bug with the mid-boss. Also consider the Red Wizard boss fight before the dracolich, where trash mobs can continue to replenish their ranks even after the main boss has died.

Fix the bugs and exploits, by all means, but please prioritize fine-tuning the important parts before throwing the hammer down on the less-than-gamebreaking of the exploits (is anyone really complaining about shaving a few minutes off an overlong and tedious dungeon full of trash mobs?)

Perhaps start by changing boss mechanics so that the gajillion adds that spawn do not replenish themselves seconds after being killed? Players might not work so hard to avoid killing them "properly" if they were actually rewarded for their efforts by some sort of reprieve. The only thing worse than having to repeatedly punt trash into the stratosphere in hopes of bugging it out is actually being forced to kill all of it only to have it reappear instantly so that you can repeat the process until either you finally finish the boss or party members make sufficient mistakes or suffer poor enough luck with giant red circles and cones that you fail and have to start over.

A lot of good work obviously went into Castle Never, and it would be much more enjoyable if it didn't rely exclusively on the same tired mechanic of endless adds. At least the Gauntlgrym bosses are a step in the right direction. The Dwarf King is a great example of how you can make the boss a bit less static and introduce enough adds to keep the party engaged, but not constantly overwhelmed. IMO at the end of a successful boss fight, everyone in the party should feel that they were able to contribute, but not every minute of the fight needs to be ridiculously full of trash and red circles to achieve that result.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ngeongeo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Too bad they dont have the mechanics for wow-like boss fights... And i am sorry to say that wow still has the best mechanics in boss fights ever seen in mmo... Maybe 1 day they ll figure it out why people want wow-like-fights but it will be too late...