test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newby Question

joshtempelaarsjoshtempelaars Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I've been playing for a little while and so far the game is pretty decent....... Bearing in mind it's still in beta and plenty of changes are ahead. But one thing I have been wondering, is there a modding community, or will there be a modding community for Neverwinter.
Post edited by joshtempelaars on

Comments

• darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What do you mean modding community? If you are refering to creating module, like you could do with Neverwinter Nights, then you are a little confused. You may want to check out the foundry, which there are plenty of foundry authors out there.
  • joshtempelaarsjoshtempelaars Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm talking about addons, and game modifications, like allot of other MMO's have.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm talking about addons, and game modifications, like allot of other MMO's have.

Are you drunk? A lot of mmos have modding? Um no sorry, not sure what mmos you are referring to unless you are trying to suggest that minecraft is an mmo? lol.
  • bozar3000bozar3000 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    But one thing I have been wondering, is there a modding community, or will there be a modding community for Neverwinter.

Foundry is the closest thing to your preference wherein you could make your own quest for other players to play. The story, missions, characters, environment and dialogue, you all have the control to it... except for the loots/prices of course.

As for your addons and game modifications by mere players, that is insane. This would exploit the game to a lot of hacks, bugs and spams. I would suggest playing Skyrim if you are looking for some sandbox goodness.
  • joshtempelaarsjoshtempelaars Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW is a classic example of what I mean, UI addons, things that make life a little easier or just like to change the look of your ui etc. This is not uncommon at all.