test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The community of this game is terrible. Yeah, you guys!

superrioisksuperrioisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dear players,

Thanks for getting me silenced for 24 hours because I posted within 4 minutes an advertisement for selling Miracle Healer boots. There exists no trade channel, so I don't understand why you silence someone for advertising sales on zone chat.

It's called "zone" chat for a reason. Whoever is in the zone can say multiple things about game advice, pug recruiting, or even SELLING things. All you are doing is proving that the AD farmers win in the end because they can just create more and more accounts and spam those farm sites. I mean, this 24 hour silence serves absolutely no purpose because of that.

This has never happened to me before, so I am SURE it is those people who were mad at me because I ditched their dracolich group because they were terrible players...

What an idiotic tool in the game. Just /ignore people, don't attempt to ruin their game experience. You have just practically banned me for 24 hours for absolutely no reason. Are the devs EVER going to fix this?
Post edited by superrioisk on

Comments

• Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I clicked this thread just to be able to say I didn't read it.
  • Options
    superrioisksuperrioisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would you take the time to write out that you didn't read it. You skimmed it to see if it was interesting or rustled any jimmies, and it didn't.

V_V
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cool story, bro.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for getting me silenced for 24 hours because I posted within 4 minutes an advertisement for selling Miracle Healer boots. There exists no trade channel, so I don't understand why you silence someone for advertising sales on zone chat.

If you are spamming Zone chat with advertisements then people are going to flag you as spamming, and the system will auto-ban you for spamming.

Why?

-BECAUSE YOU ARE SPAMMING-

Don't spam if you don't want to get an autoban.

There is an Auction House to sell things to other players at.

Also, please don't tell us we are terrible people because we don't want to hear you spam zone chat.

Thanks.
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This thread makes no sense. Community in this game is exactly as any other: there are decent people and there are people rude/unfair. Can't do anything about it. Learn to live with it. Welcome to planet earth.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    TL: DR

One more victory, one less spammer.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Best advice someone could give would be to use the AH for, dare I say it,
    advertisement for selling Miracle Healer boots.

many ppl have grown tired of the AH spam. It is hard to read anything other then AH spam these days.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dear players,

It's called "zone" chat for a reason. Whoever is in the zone can say multiple things about game advice, pug recruiting, or even SELLING things. All you are doing is proving that the AD farmers win in the end because they can just create more and more accounts and spam those farm sites. I mean, this 24 hour silence serves absolutely no purpose because of that.

This has never happened to me before, so I am SURE it is those people who were mad at me because I ditched their dracolich group because they were terrible players...

What an idiotic tool in the game. Just /ignore people, don't attempt to ruin their game experience. You have just practically banned me for 24 hours for absolutely no reason. Are the devs EVER going to fix this?

General Custom Channels:
    NWOTrade
    NWOLFG

Beholder Shard Custom Channels:
    BHLFG *Will remove when shards merge*
    BHTrade *Will remove when shards merge*

Dragon Shard Custom Channels:
    NWN Trade
    NWN LFG
    NW Dragon Trade
    NW Dragon LFG

Mindflayer Shard Custom Channels:
    MFLFG *Will remove when shards merge*
    MFTrade *Will remove when shards merge*

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?206631-Guide-Custom-Channel-Creation-Joining-and-List
    21.jpg
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, people are little internet <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I suppose technically, the reason that people would consider trade spam to be spam, is because it is spam, the constant wts/wtb messages make it near impossible for any 'chat' to be had in 'zone chat'

If however it was called 'zone spam' or 'zone trade spam chat', then it would be perfectly fine, but it isn't.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    This is due to how the automatic chat ban system works.

If a player feels you are spamming they right click your name and select "Report Spam."
    If enough people do this in a short period of time the system will automatically mark you as a spammer and place a 24 Hour mute without a GM review. Ideally this would be reviewed within 24 hours but unfortunately due to the high volumes of tickets the support staff is receiving it is taking longer than 24 hours to review the mutes.

The best thing I can advise you to do is to avoid using Zone Chat as a trade depot and party finding system. If you want to spam those types of messages use one of the Custom Channels set up specifically for that purpose.

In the mean time there's been far too many threads about this in a short amount of time. Thread closed for discussing disciplinary actions and being a duplicate thread.
This discussion has been closed.