test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List Of Cleric Ideas For Making Healing More Active and Fun.

knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've already posted my dissapointment about healing in this game before, but I decided to make this thread here since hopefully it may be seen, and I'll just be listing down ideas for encounters and feats to make healing more active and fun since I feel it is too easy and passive and pretty much out of your control for the most part. Things like Astral Shield, for example. Also, most of our feats are pretty boring, and we don't really have all that much to choose from.

I'll be taking a bunch of inspiration from past MMO's such as Warhammer Online/Guild Wars/WoW, what have you. Also some good examples of what are fun and cool mechanics/feats/abilities : Repurpose Soul, Moontouched, Invigorated Healing, Linked Spirit, Ethereal Boon (didn't need that nerf =[), Astral Seal, Sacred Flame.

Also some of the Encounter Power ideas I post will be under the assumption that powers have "advantages" like Champions Online, where you get to pick special perks for powers to customize them a little more. Keep in mind these are just a list of possible ideas, not saying to give the powers ALL of them.

Bastion of Health Ideas :

1. Reduce cooldown. (Too long for what it does AT THE MOMENT)
2. Remove Astral Shield and make this pulse a temporary Astral Shield effect with HoT. (It is a BASTION after all)
3. Massively increase the healing. (To make it a big burst heal)
4. Make it cleanse all debuffs on all allies. (Cleansing needs to be active not passive/random and gives this utility)
5. Give it the defense buff from the feat baseline.
6. Give it a 1-2 seconds invulnerability buff on divinity. (For clutch saves)

Astral Seal :

It's fine how it is now but just some fun ideas (or advantages)

1. Make it stack a flat HoT on allies that attack instead of % dmg dealt. Up to 5. (Consistency and for HoT playstyle)
2. Make it build divinity over time when it heals instead of dmg.

Sacred Flame :

I really like this skill and how it works, it is a bit underwhelming though.

1. Make the temp hp based off the dmg dealt. (Fun for Hybrid/Dmg builds like Repurpose Soul)
2. Let the temp hp stack on itself if it isn't spent/hasn't worn off. (I don't see why not)
3. Let it put temp hp on the Cleric no matter what.
4. Let it put a mini dot on enemies around the target based on temp hp. (Just for funzies)

Soothing Light :

1. Reduce the divinity drain. (Too expensive for what it does atm)
2. Let it build divinity instead of spend it (if used on ally). (For fun and lets people focus on a pure heal build)
3. Give it a chain heal affect. (Champions Online had a skill just like that actually, just for fun)
4. Let it cleanse when healing ally. (More clutch active cleansing and gives it utility)
5. Give it more feats that do things with it. (It's basically a core ability or supposed to be)

Punishing Light :

1. Make it heal allies near the target like Forgemaster or Repurpose. (Gives it some healing utility)
2. Chain Lightning effect. (>=] FOR FUNZIES!)
3. Stack short a dot or mitigation debuff while channeling (And fix that bug where it drops any debuff procs after channeling!)

Forgemaster's Flame :

1. Make healing based off damage dealt. (Currently not the case, would be fun for Hybrid builds)
2. Double the healing radius.
3. Let us cast on allies or self for the HoT and make it splash aoe dmg. (Might be clunky but fun idea)
4. Make half of healing temp health instead. (Need more pro-active/protection style healing in the game)

Break Spirit :

1. Double dmg debuff in divinity. (That's really all this skill is about atm)
2. Make divinity version do an aoe volley and spread dot etc. (Not only super fun, but nice aoe debuff and threat reduction/cc)
3. Make the snare start very strong and diminish over time instead.

Divine Glow :

1. Instead of dmg buff, give it a dmg reduction buff on allies. (Wouldn't want to change this, but if we have advantages let us choose)
2. Increase radius to Bastion of Health size.

Healing Word :

1. Needs recharge speed to affect charge refresh speed. (Just like all charged abilities)

Sooth :

1. Instead of passive threat reduction, all damage the Cleric deals instead REDUCES threat rather than creates it. (This makes threat reduction an ACTIVE thing rather than being a boring passive effect that you have no control over and rewards doing dmg as a healer)
2. Could just delete it and replace it with a new feature and just make all threat reduction an active thing.

Divine Favor :

First, I think every encounter should be giving divinity on regular casts, even the non-damaging ones so that would be a good first change.

1. Make it refund up to 30% of all divinity spent (spending a Pip refunds 30% of a pip, channeled at-wills cost 30% less)
2. Let it regen divinity while in combat by like 10% every 5/4/3 seconds.

Guardian of Faith :

1. Let it apply a debuff that makes a % of all dmg the cleric does apply healing or temp HP to all allies nearby in the same aoe radius as the heal.
2. Give all nearby allies a dmg buff larger than Hallowed Ground.
3. Give a dmg proc (like weapon enchants) to allies nearby.
4. Daze all nearby enemies for 3-5 seconds for a grace period.

Searing Light :

1. Increase the aoe column width. (It desperately needs that).
2. Let it also splash healing in divinity mode as well as dmg.

Prophecy of Doom :

1. Reduce the cooldown and make the refresh only refresh a % of the cooldown, like Takedown. (More consistency)
2. Make the AP gain affect allies? (Could be too strong, maybe half the ap amount)
3. Let Second Sight proc when enemies die.
4. Make dmg increase based on missing health.

Prophetic Action :

1. Let it grant Deflection. (up to 15-20%)
2. Make it proc some effect when you deflect an attack, like an aoe pulse heal, or a buff to your dmg/healing.

Chains of Blazing Light :

1. Increase Immobilize duration on rank ups by 0.25 or 0.5 per rank.
2. When activated, let it stay on the ground as a pulsing aoe that stacks a small DoT/Snare effect on enemies.
3. When using the Divinity version, stacking dot also has a sort of Astral Seal effect healing allies for a small amount when attacking affected enemies.

Righteousness :

1. Kill it with fire.

New Encounter Ideas :

1. Divine Favor (Reversal of Fortune-esque skill, works for Oracle paragon theme) : For 5 seconds target ally (and cleric) gains a flat amount of temporary hp every second, attacks against them add an extra 1 seconds worth of flat temp hp. After 5 seconds the remaining Temp Hp turns into healing at 2.0x value. Divinity Mode : Adds 15% (additive) dmg reduction and applies the power to allies near the allied target and cleric. (Could replace Astral Shield)

2. Pacification : All nearby enemies deal 50% less dmg for 3 seconds and places a moderate HoT on their attacked target, all threat towards the cleric is wiped (Can be used while disabled). Divinity Mode : Cleric becomes "invisible/stealthed (unbreakable)" to affected targets for 3 seconds, enemies also take dmg when attacking equal to the dmg they lost for 3 seconds.

New Feat Ideas :

1. Focused Poise : Lance of Faith has a 30% chance to explode dealing dmg to nearby enemies and healing nearby allies for 100/150% of the dmg dealt.

2. Strength of the Gods : Your allies affected by Guardian of Faith or Divine Armor gain combat advantage for 10 seconds and give you 5% power (or dmg) for each one affected.

3. Desperate Renewal : You heal for 25% more on allies below 25% health. Or : Soothing Light heals allies under 25% health for 50% more. Or : Soothing Light heals allies under 50% health for 25% more.

4. Adjusting Light : Soothing Light stacks a buff on you that increases the dmg of Punishing Light by 10% up to 5 stacks, and Punishing Light stacks a buff on you that increases the healing of Soothing Light by 10% up to 5 stacks. (Would work great if Soothing Light was changed to GAIN divinity)

5. Temporary Retribution : You and all allies affected by Temporary Health granted by you reflect 100% of Dmg Taken back to attackers only when affected by Temporary Health.

6. Critical Protection : 10% of all your crit healing applies Temporary Health.

7. Beacon of Light : Daunting Light and Searing Light leave a Beacon of Light at target location that pulses dmg and healing in the area for a few seconds.

I think I'll leave it there for now.