test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW Combos

everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
edited June 2013 in The Library
I am looking for fun and effective combo with our powers/feats/armor.

The most obvious one was icy terrain /steal time + Conduit of ice/ ray of frost. I had some success with the icy terrain/steal time combo. However PBOEs are difficult to pull off especialy with the very long casting time of steal time and it being easily interrupted. My defense was also not strong enough to hold up to hard hitting leiutenant mobs.

Any insight would be helpful.
Post edited by everwindgale on

Comments

• Options
    rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Singularity > Steal Time (time it so it activates when the targets drop) > Icy Terrain (immediately after) > Conduit of Ice > Entangling Force (Spell Mastery) > Repeat :)

With high enough recovery and enough adds in boss fights, you can do this forever.
  • Options
    everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Is there really only 1 viable combo?
  • Options
    magsondaremagsondare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Depends on what you're doing. Vs a single controllable "boss" mob I can keep up Chill Strike, Entangle, and Freeze (from Ray of Frost) more or less indefinitely. I find it to be a winning combo in those situations.

Are you referring more to AE control/damage in dungeons? Soloing Foundry or instance quests? General overland mob farming?
  • Options
    terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not a lot of things really *combo* per se?

I mean, in dungeons I'll use singularity to pile everything in a pile, the aoe blizzard dot thing while they're about to drop, sudden storm just as they drop, then shove a shard of the endless avalanche at them to explode and knock them down. That's a lot of aoe, but aside from 'this is a lot of aoe' there's no particular synergy going on.

Solo I'll do the combo someone mentioned before only with the aoe blizzard + ray of frost in place of chill strike, and with sudden storm interspersed; it's not quite as much of a lockdown sequence but I need sudden storm to clear minions and it does add a ton of damage. I guess a combo is, entangling force + more damage after using a control power + more damage when close to a target + randomly do more damage on 10% of hits + 10 hits from magic missile before entangling force expires = ow.
  • Options
    xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Entangling Force (SM, bunches them together and a ton of AP) + Conduit of ice (+dmg with no chill feat) + Shard (HUGE AP + knockdown) + Singularity + Steal time (huge AP with stun) is an amazing combo that does a ton of damage, keeps mobs together, and keeps them controller in a bunch.

Always point Shard at the middle of 3+ mobs, or the strongest mob to have it explode upon impact. If you end up singularity before shard, leave the shard on the ground until the mobs are landing. Then shard + steal time. Shard goes through mobs in singularity.

With this combo I can keep singularity up while the mobs just sit on their back most of the time.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am just not a fan of Conduit of Ice. It's damage is lackluster compared to steal time or any of the other AOEs. Without it being in spell mastery it seems even more worthless. Has anyone tried Ice rays with Icy Terrain? I know their is a feat that gives chill to sudden storm? That may make a good combo.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea conduit I don't use either.

But steal time, icy terrain, blackhole combo works very well.
    Mix in shield for the extra ap with correct timing (at end for KB into far/high pits, or during the black hole so they return for more dps from your group if no pits nearby)

tab slot chokes nice, but when you have 4700 recovery, its often not even needed to get the ap for the next singularity. So sometimes yes, other times, perhaps chill strike for dps, depends on situration.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    When I tested it out, Shards of the Endless Avalanche at 2500 total (1000 for the hit and 1500 for the boom) and Sudden Storm also at about 2500 did the most damage. Conduit of ice was second at about 2000-2500 (it varied widely) total damage. Third was spell-masteried Chill Strike (otherwise it's not an AoE) at around 1900. Shield did about 1000.

I didn't try Steal Time (its stated damage is very low -- 500 for me compared to 3000 stated and 2500 real for Sudden Storm -- but apparently it's wrong?), and Icy Terrain barely did anything... what else is there?

Oh, Dailies. Singularity was 1000, Ice Storm was 3500, Maelstrom was 3000. Ice Knife was 5000 but not aoe.

So, yeah. Based on my tests I usually use Conduit as my spell mastery solo because it also chills everything really effectively. In dungeons I want more AoEs and sudden storm is harder to use and chill is less worthwhile, so sometimes I'll put chill strike on spell mastery and use conduit w/o, but honestly conduit on spell mastery with sudden storm still did a crapload of damage (I subbed in shard ot E.A. for shield either way, since in a group I don't get hit much and scattering enemies everywhere is not always useful).
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    most aoe sucks at the moment. lets just wait for the big update, ive read that they will fix those. HOPEFULLY
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The conduit of ice tool tip said it did between 200-500 damage. Your numbers are afactor of almost 10 greater. Are you sure?
    terrycloth wrote: »
    When I tested it out, Shards of the Endless Avalanche at 2500 total (1000 for the hit and 1500 for the boom) and Sudden Storm also at about 2500 did the most damage. Conduit of ice was second at about 2000-2500 (it varied widely) total damage. Third was spell-masteried Chill Strike (otherwise it's not an AoE) at around 1900. Shield did about 1000.

I didn't try Steal Time (its stated damage is very low -- 500 for me compared to 3000 stated and 2500 real for Sudden Storm -- but apparently it's wrong?), and Icy Terrain barely did anything... what else is there?

Oh, Dailies. Singularity was 1000, Ice Storm was 3500, Maelstrom was 3000. Ice Knife was 5000 but not aoe.

So, yeah. Based on my tests I usually use Conduit as my spell mastery solo because it also chills everything really effectively. In dungeons I want more AoEs and sudden storm is harder to use and chill is less worthwhile, so sometimes I'll put chill strike on spell mastery and use conduit w/o, but honestly conduit on spell mastery with sudden storm still did a crapload of damage (I subbed in shard ot E.A. for shield either way, since in a group I don't get hit much and scattering enemies everywhere is not always useful).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think the tooltip is per tic, and you get 6-7 tics -- that might also be why people report Steal Time as being good damage despite its low tooltip, if it damages as a DoT.
  • Options
    zeralfoulis1zeralfoulis1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pvp
    tab-RoE
    q-chill strike
    e-entagling force
    r-repel
    1- ice strike
    Left click- MM

hold left click then tab-e-tab-q-1 = dead
    if u dont have daily tab-e-tab-q-r repeat
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok I found a combo that is both fun and pretty effective. I call it "Force Bowling" I have been struggling since the last update and have been dieing a lot in T2 dungeons. The aggro generated by my AOEs and the close proximity had me running like crazy and often just getting hit too much. Too many red circles. I started experimenting. I was following the guides and it was just not working for me.

So I moved Entangling Force to Mastery and I started playing with the Shard. I hadn't liked it as it seemed too hit or miss and too difficult to wield. Now I love it. I can stand back away from the hot and heavy, open with a force choke, which draws all the mobs together and then aim my bowling ball of destruction at the newly assembled pack and release. Does great damage, knocks down, but no so much that it inconveniences the tanks and up close dps. Because they are knocked down it does have some damage mitigation and control as well. To round out my attack chain, I have chill strike for the stun, and alternate between steal time/repel/shield/ or icy terrain as needed. For boss fights I usually sub in ray of enfeeblement for chill strike.

This combo also works well in concert with Singularity with the right timing and mastery EF also generates great AP without having to put yourself into the red circle of death danger zone to pup shield or Steal Time.
  • Options
    ixiondlfixiondlf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for PvP it's fun to juggle ur opponent with steal-time entangling force and chill strike. add a little ray of enfeeblement and watch hies/her life bar deplete.
    (1v1 e.g. def. pillar)
    I start with either entangling force > cast RoE > teleport to him > use steal-time > cast RoE walk back and cast chill strike. so much fun.
    when facing a group, use it to pick out the DDs and DCs.