test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rework Skirmishes

yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have actually had more fun with skirmishes than in dungeons. They have a lot more variety (defend, siege) and they are not as repetitive as dungeons.

It just doesn't make sense to me to raid a dungeon over and over again to face that one, unique critter at the end of it. It's always the same boss and while killing him the first time can seem like an accomplishment, after the 20th time it's a bit boring. It's just a rerun with the same faces.

Now I understand that skirmishes are in that sense also reruns, but it makes much more sense (to me anyway) to repeatedly defend against orc assaults or other raiding parties. Skirmishes could get random generals, which makes sense because the other ones would have died in the skirmish before.

You can do so much with skirmishes. Make them into big events, all the undead are gathering at the gate and you and your party have to defend part of the wall. The drow sent raiding parties and you need to fight them back underground.

Certain aspects of the skirmish could be levellocked. Lower levels would then either support or engage the footsoldiers, higher levels fight in the frontlines.

But bottomline is, dungeon runs get boringly repetitive, skirmishes don't have to.

All worth 2cents.
Post edited by yerune on

Comments

• Options
    thandarrthandarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 to you. May i add... Please increase the loot from 1 blue item to 2 at least.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought this thread was about skirmishes. All you talked about were dungeons. I got sick of hearing you whine about dungeons. I stopped reading.

Anyway, I have something to say about skirmishes. They need to be reworked so that you have a 10 level bracket to queue up for them, and everyone is scaled up like in PVP. That way, friends and guildies leveling up can play them together, and people can complete their dailies. And also there will be more variety to choose from, instead of forcing everyone into one skirmish while at a certain level.

Also, we need epic skirmishes, with enhanced rewards. Nothing like gear from dungeons of course, but Very Rare rings and amulets maybe? Or whatever is seen fit. Epic skirmishes will increase endgame enjoyment.

This is a good idea. I'm glad I thought of it.
  • Options
    thandarrthandarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »

Also, we need epic skirmishes, with enhanced rewards. Nothing like gear from dungeons of course, but Very Rare rings and amulets maybe? Or whatever is seen fit. Epic skirmishes will increase endgame enjoyment.

This is a good idea. I'm glad I thought of it.

True a good ideea..
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »

But bottomline is, dungeon runs get boringly repetitive, skirmishes don't have to.

All worth 2cents.

I guess you aren't 60 yet. AA is probably the dullest of them all and it's the only one to run. tbh I had more fun creating a char that does dailies than doing that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at 60 over and over.
    holt3 wrote: »

Anyway, I have something to say about skirmishes. They need to be reworked so that you have a 10 level bracket to queue up for them, and everyone is scaled up like in PVP. That way, friends and guildies leveling up can play them together, and people can complete their dailies. And also there will be more variety to choose from, instead of forcing everyone into one skirmish while at a certain level.

that's what mentoring is for. which, funny enough is in STO and CO, but not NW. guess they don't want you to play together...
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You kind of failed to mention the most critical thing about Skirmishes: it is impossible to ever return to them once you out-level them by a couple of levels, unlike dungeons.
  • Options
    ilgiambrailgiambra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    You kind of failed to mention the most critical thing about Skirmishes: it is impossible to ever return to them once you out-level them by a couple of levels, unlike dungeons.

+1

What about epic skirmishes with epic daily? :P