test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need roll change

asashiroasashiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Limiting this to class specific doesn't really (or at least completely) solve the issue.

Greedy people will just roll need on their class gear to resell, and now have no competition.

Need should set gear to Bind on Acquire preventing greedy people from simply reselling it for profit.

Need is for upgrades not because you need AD, everyone does regardless of class.
Post edited by asashiro on

Comments

• Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It should be
    • Is the right class
    • Does not have the item
    • Does not have a better item

If all are true - need
    else Greed
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so ppl who have good gear dont need to play?need on class only will work great if u ask me
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ddjinn: Do you really want to let the horrible gear score generator decide which item you can pick up and which you can't?
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It should be
    Is the right class
    Does not have the item
    Does not have a better item

And geared people should run T2s for what, charity?
    Or maybe the now-useless Drake seals and the occasional DD chest loot?
    Yeah, right, keep on dreamin'.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    And geared people should run T2s for what, charity?
    Or maybe the now-useless Drake seals and the occasional DD chest loot?
    Yeah, right, keep on dreamin'.

If you are the right class & need the item for the toon you can roll with anyone else that needs it or get it 100% if you are the only one that can use it.

The logic is to make your chance of getting your item higher not lower
    & allowing everyone the chance if it is not an upgrade for you (or any other that could use it) to get it,
    without making it BoP and therefore unsellable for AD

And as for the gearscore, maybe some real feedback to the Devs about it would help, so that they have a better idea of how the players see various items, so that the item being rolled on is judged effectively, but in general if the item is perceived as worse, you do not need it, do you?

Debate!

At no point did it say anyone should run any zone for nothing!
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No to bind on acquire. I like class only need rolling and would like them to add that you cannot need on a given purple if the character already has one of that same purple (equipped, inventory, or bank). I also don't like the idea of comparing gear score because a lower score item may be better for a particular build. For example, my build may benefit more from a bonus to Recovery over a much higher bonus to Power even though the game thinks that it is better.
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It should be
    • Is the right class
    • Does not have the item

If all are true - need
    else Greed

Wish it were that easy.
    How about:
    • Is the right class
    • Does not have the item
    • Does not have the item or a better item in their bank.
    • Does not have the item or a better item in their guild's bank.
    • Does not have the item or a better item stored in their email.
    • Does not have the item or a better item stored on a mule alt
    • Does not have the item or a better item stored up for sale on the auction
    • Does not have the item or a better item's value in AD so they could just buy it from the auction
    • Does not have the Zen they could convert to AD to buy the item or better from the auction
    • Does not have a second account they mule the item or better to secretly
    • Does not have a friend who keeps the item or better for them *wink, wink* until after the loot's disbursed
    • So on and so on

Any of these could be used as a criterion for who really "needs" an item. It's all fallacious; it's a video game, no one "needs" anything. We're trying to argue that there's some clear and obvious greater good served by allocating an item to one person specifically, and that's a matter of human judgment based on people's values -- no automated rule of thumb can possibly do this fairly. Just give it up.

What it should be is individual loot that the individual can do anything you want with; equip, auction, sell, trash, whatever. Everyone contributes, everyone gets a reward. No one knows what another got, and there's none of this envy and greed fueled arguing over it.

Short of that, I approve of the current fix -- it will halt -most- of the in-game loot bickering, and that's a big win.
  • Options
    tomhic19tomhic19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    none of these points addressed here matter anymore due to the balance updates and fixes on the way. You can now only Need on an item your current toon your using can use. This being said, as in any MMO ninja looters come and go and its hard to ban all of them. Things I have seen personally happen to them is watch and see what they need on, if its a random item for a CW when they are a TR I've seen groups kick them from a DD and then they miss loot that was viable to them, solution solved. I just go the simple way as people stated here. If it's an upgrade I can use I will Need on it, if it's not an upgrade I ask if anyone needs and if the answer is yes I pass, if its no I greed as I dont need it. and if it is an item I can't use I greed as I usually throw the item in our guild bank for friends or alts. If everyone abided by these simple dungeon rules the game would go alot smoother and more people would have gear but sadly people explot or ninja where ever they can to try and further themselves without thinking of the overall community
  • Options
    vhladervhlader Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The current fix is fine.

Some of the suggestions to tweak it will have negative consequences, i.e.
    1. "Does not have a better item" - You don't want to incentivize players to wear worse gear in order to get loot. "Better" can also be hard for the game AI to determine (i.e. completing a T1 set can be better than a partial T2, and for some builds and situations the T1 sets are preferred). Some players may also want loot for cosmetic reasons.
    2. "Bind on acquire" - will make it more difficult to fill queues, as players with gear will have little incentive to run the content again, unless other incentives are added.

My preferred solution, however, would be to fix the delve chest. It should be a permanent feature. The event can be tweaked to add AD to the chest as a bonus. That makes the event fun, but not critical.

It's too confusing to a new player to start/finish a dungeon outside of the event window and be unable to open the chest, and it's too demotivating to start a dungeon during the event window but lose the chest to a crash or DC.

Another helpful feature would be to list the number of players waiting in a given queue (i.e. each queue would have a little number counter next to it), as well as enabling class bias options that leaders of partially filled groups can set for the queue (i.e. match with a specific class only).
  • Options
    asashiroasashiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With the current fix:

Let's say I'm playing a CW, and am already fully geared t2 and CN wpn set. If I'm the only one in a group for a CN run and the cw wpn drops, guess who get's it? I can roll need, and there's nothing deterring me from doing so just to resell the weapon for myself.

How does this fix the ninja looting issue?
    BoA on need would at least prevent the ninja from making a profit and teach him a lesson.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It should be
    • Is the right class
    • Does not have the item

If all are true - need
    else Greed

What is "a better item"? If I have gear that has offensive stats and "need" gear with defensive stats how are you going to determine which is "better"?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    erendunerendun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whats with the d&d flair? discover secret and wonderful dungeons, fight mystical monsters and open magical treasure chests (like in the legend of zelda with dat' sound :D)
    Please exhaust the D&D concept!