test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Block is NOT fixed!!!

snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Seriously.
Fix the guardian block.
You totally did not fix it, outside of a slight response improvement.

Here's how to re-create one of the main issues with the block which all guardian fighters are talking about.
Hop in game on a guardian fighter.
Use any encounter skill.
Use block during the animation of the encounter.
Watch your guardian go into block mode and able to use the 2 block skills.
Then try running backward or in any direction.
See how you are actually not blocking.

Now do the same thing, but instead of using an encounter, get hit by a knockdown or other disabling ability 1st.
Try using block during that hard CC.
Then realize you'r not truly blocking after the CC effect wears out.

FIX GUARDIAN BLOCK PLEASE!!!
Don't give us this fake promise of it being fixed in the patch notes while all it really is, is a slight improvement yet still buggy as ever skill since that one nasty patch moment.
Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
Post edited by snowballo on

Comments

• Options
    kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    This.

It's not fixed. Here's a link to a video of our group running an Epic Dungeon to test things out: http://www.twitch.tv/strikes12/c/2389304

There were multiple times where I had shift down and was blocking; but still got hit.... or my shield looked like it was up and blocking but I still took damage. You can hear me "WTF" a few times on the stream...

Enjoy the video; when I re-watch our videos I laugh at myself when I get all stressed, lol. Oh and it's our Rogue the best at pulling? =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Block needs a serious fix before this goes live.
    Now that the cleric is actually not permanently hogging all the aggro they gain and the guardians can actually get aggro on everything with a little effort.
    The guardian seriously needs its defense tool to work properly.

Fix guardian block!
    Whatever you did to it, doesn't come near to fixing the issue with it.
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agree, GF block is MOST CERTAINLY NOT fixed by any stretch of the word. all they did at most was give us an EXTREMELY minor hotkey responsiveness adjustment. the root problem of actual damage blocking is NOT occurring....see example below...

Blocking: It still does not trigger correctly immediately after having used an encounter power. My character gets stuck standing there "twitching". The Raised Shield animation activates (giving the appearance of blocking), and the at-will powers change in the hotkey tray (and can be used), but no actual damage blocking occurs. In order for that to happen, you have to release the key and press it again. sometimes 2-3 times before the blocking will occur correctly (but most of the time you only have to do it once).
  • Options
    treeckotreecko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what I've gathered they moved blocking to the server but the animation for most skills is still triggered by the client.

They should only have moved the stamina to the server and kept the blocking mechanics on clientside. This will fix the blocking issue but could introduce a possible problem where people could use automated tools to auto block some attacks I.E dalies and so on, but the guard will still break when the player runs out of stamina so this is most likely a minor problem.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kelestra wrote: »
    This.

It's not fixed. Here's a link to a video of our group running an Epic Dungeon to test things out: http://www.twitch.tv/strikes12/c/2389304

There were multiple times where I had shift down and was blocking; but still got hit.... or my shield looked like it was up and blocking but I still took damage. You can hear me "WTF" a few times on the stream...

Enjoy the video; when I re-watch our videos I laugh at myself when I get all stressed, lol. Oh and it's our Rogue the best at pulling? =P
    Would help if you included at time index. I skimmed your rather long video and u dont block much, so I cant really tell whats different from live.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Guardian fighter is still hard to play like this.

If the block cant be fixed to work during an animation then i would rather see block getting priority.
    (The encounter animation gets interupted with the encounter not going off but block is up instead.)

It is better then on the live server, just not where it was before yet.
  • Options
    vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have no input in this, as I've not tried the preview shard yet, but if this is the case, it should take top priority, it's our main class ability we're talking about...
  • Options
    sinamonsinamon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its because it is now server side instead of client side so you have the latency issues with it. hit an encounter power count to 1 and bring it up, you cant go encounter/shield at the same time because of the command being sent to the server it doesnt see the secondary command. just like a tr if i go lashing/roll i do the lashing and eat a face full of whatever. but if i go lashing 1 roll i roll everytime. just adjust to it. its not that big of a deal unless you cant count then just say any random number or word after doing an encounter or dropping your guard and bring it back up.
  • Options
    questionorquestionor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes still not fixed.
    And wow, I never realized you could reproduce this on demand by hitting block during an encounter.
    I only knew about it happening from disabling abilities.
  • Options
    tors42tors42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks getting in there to test and reporting it. I'm working on a fix as I post this! Cheers!
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Guardian fighter is still hard to play like this.

If the block cant be fixed to work during an animation then i would rather see block getting priority.
    (The encounter animation gets interupted with the encounter not going off but block is up instead.)

It is better then on the live server, just not where it was before yet.

Edit: I have done some more testing with it.
    The problem seems worse when you hold a movement key down.

I tried turning off double direction tabbing to dodge, but sadly it didnt improve anything.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    Edit: I have done some more testing with it.
    The problem seems worse when you hold a movement key down.

I tried turning off double direction tabbing to dodge, but sadly it didnt improve anything.

^ This.

Yet somehow the incoming block "fix/improvement" is being applied to whether the server sees block on cooldown or not.
    Which is not the actual issue that people are having with block.

Devs seem to be totally out of sync with the players on this issue, or just incapable of fixing it, in which case a total block overhaul is a must.