test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I The Only One That (sorta) Hates WMS?

knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Like, it's pretty much a mandatory at will who's only purpose is to make it so your overall at will dmg isn't terrible.

Rather than being a situational or optional utility at will or w/e, like the other classes.

For example Rogues, 4 situational at wills that have their place, ranged one, slow dps one, fast mobile one, and a arguable useful utility one.

WMS pretty much commands a spot on your at will bar so you really only get to choose 1 of 3 overall. I wish they'd change it to be a utility At Will (although it sort of IS, but only utility is to make you do more at will dmg lol), such as making it so you ACTUALLY teleport behind your target after you hit them like it says, so you could use it to stick to targets, or dodge attacks and what not.

Not to mention it's annoying have to use this clunky WMS after every at will combo so your dmg doesn't suck. Where as other classes you can just spam w/e at will as filler and get your full dmg.
Post edited by knoteskad on

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    WMS makes your encounter do damage more effectively. What's not to like ? I think of it more as a debuff skill than a necessity. If they make it that you really teleport behind your opponent it would make it kinda OP .. think of the times when a TR teleports behind you and stab you in the back.. think how annoying that would be in pvp. Plus it would make some people feel dizzy/nauseous when the screen suddenly shifts too much (esp those with motion sickness).
  • Options
    neverasherneverasher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i will be gladly picking a different paragon path when available so i don't have to rely on WMS any more.
    2uhmn1l.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    WMS makes your encounter do damage more effectively. What's not to like ? I think of it more as a debuff skill than a necessity. If they make it that you really teleport behind your opponent it would make it kinda OP .. think of the times when a TR teleports behind you and stab you in the back.. think how annoying that would be in pvp. Plus it would make some people feel dizzy/nauseous when the screen suddenly shifts too much (esp those with motion sickness).

That's a feat that does that....

And it IS a necessity, what build would ever NOT use it? Not using it basically means your doing a lot less at will dmg, plain and simple.

And deft strike is a 60-80 ft range skill, this would still be somewhat melee.

No other class has to use a specific at will and alternate it with their other at will to do their normal dmg.
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are not the only one, I hate it's anime flashing animation with a passion, compared to the manly swings of wicked strike. That said, I hate most of the aesthetics and the general concept of swordmaster, can't wait for another paragon path to get rid of it.
  • Options
    kyuubiilkyuubiil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Eh, I hate how it's mandatory, but I love the actual theme and effect of it, in fact the entire swordmaster paragon just has an amazing feel to it, from crescendo, to flourish to steel blitz.
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kyuubiil wrote: »
    Eh, I hate how it's mandatory, but I love the actual theme and effect of it, in fact the entire swordmaster paragon just has an amazing feel to it, from crescendo, to flourish to steel blitz.

Are you my ******* nemesis brother from another monther? :)
  • Options
    kyuubiilkyuubiil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Apparently, this obviously means we must engage in a ritual duel atop mount Olympus, I will await your arrival, anathema.
  • Options
    riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kyuubiil wrote: »
    Apparently, this obviously means we must engage in a ritual duel atop mount Olympus, I will await your arrival, anathema.

Ill bring popcorn. Anyone want powdered butter on theirs?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    You are not the only one, I hate it's anime flashing animation with a passion, compared to the manly swings of wicked strike. That said, I hate most of the aesthetics and the general concept of swordmaster, can't wait for another paragon path to get rid of it.

I prefer to just think of it as illusions.

Phantom Swordsman.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Like, it's pretty much a mandatory at will who's only purpose is to make it so your overall at will dmg isn't terrible.

Rather than being a situational or optional utility at will or w/e, like the other classes.

For example Rogues, 4 situational at wills that have their place, ranged one, slow dps one, fast mobile one, and a arguable useful utility one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have not played a rogue, or any other class outside of GWF, at level 60. I can tell you, for a fact, that Rogue's are in the exact same boat. If you are not using Duelist's Fury as a rogue you are terrible and deserve to be kicked from every group every time.

If anything, GWF's class at-will (WMS) is the least mandatory of the one's I've seen. 10% buff to at-will damage? Utterly achievable with other options such as Plaguefire off Sure Strike. If anything, GWF are one of the few classes that don't need their class at-will if you bust out your wallet.

Of course, when considering targets hit over time WMS becomes much, much less skippable. Since GWF seem content to build for single-target even though it's terrible I suppose it's skippable by a minority of super geared end-game GWF. I doubt this is true for Rogue's, at the very least.

As for alternating at-wills, Rogue's can alternate Duelist's Fury with Gloaming Cut for absurd damage. The only reason Rogue's aren't doing this now is because Duelist's Fury is incredibly OP, after the nerf expect to see this more often.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC