test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming TR Nerfs

lrdthorrenlrdthorren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
As posted in the Balance and Gameplay Update.

Trickster Rogue

Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat.
Blitz: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
Deft Strike: This power no longer places the Rogue in front of certain dragons.
Duelist's Flurry: Credit for the bleed damage is now properly attributed if multiple Rogues apply stacks.
Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.

Impossible to Catch: The Stealthed version no longer removes DoT effects when activated, but does prevent them from being applied while active.

Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%. Nice to see they do nothing to the Wizards Ice Knife which can nearly one shot you in PvP also.

Smoke Bomb: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
Feat: Catspaw Style: This feat now properly reduces the target's defense.
Feat: Deadly Momentum: The Critical Severity buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.
Feat: Ruthless Efficiency: The Armor Penetration buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Happy to see they did nothing for all the KD's and holds that make PvP worthless. Ever notice a TR is the only class with out a KD. All the other classes have away to hold you in place while beating you down except for the TR.
Post edited by lrdthorren on

Comments

• no2uno2u Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually CW burst is handled through debuffs. Which were nerfed in the patch notes as well. Ice Knife can one shot but it's dmg potential is a lot lower than Shocking Execution.

Plus the dmg reduction on Shocking Execution is base dmg, not total. It's a nerf but not a big one.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    Now you'll have to actually get someone to moderately low health before you can Shocking Execution them!
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    no2u wrote: »
    Actually CW burst is handled through debuffs. Which were nerfed in the patch notes as well. Ice Knife can one shot but it's dmg potential is a lot lower than Shocking Execution. Having said that 60% seems like overkill.

Agree. 60% nerf is insane. Ice knife has always been more scary to me, i'm mystified why that's not nerfed as well.

I think if we were to look at effective damage as a function of dps - current hp, we'd find Ice knife does way more damage, since it doesn't scale based on remaining hp.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So yet another game goes down that slippery slope to please the Punk V Punk types...

There are plenty enough PvP heavy games in the world without trying to make them All PvP centric <sheesch>
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    Until this is actually tested on the the test realm people need to stop complaning for two reasons:

* Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat.

This might offset the nerf to shocking execution, especially in PvE where sustained damage is typically more important than burst damage.

* Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%

Notice that important word everyone is ignoring: base damage. They are not nerfing total damage by ~60% but only the base damage by 60%. Unless someone has the base damage numbers and power scaling numbers there's no way to know how big of a nerf this will be. But one thing is for certain, the absolute maximum nerf possible to total damage is 60% (assuming a 100% base damage attack with no power scaling) but more realistically it will probably be around a 30% nerf to total damage (that would assume 50% of the total damage comes from base damage and 50% comes from power scaling). But the buff to power scaling might offset this nerf slightly so it might only be a 25% nerf to total damage.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't care about any of this, I just hope Control Wizards are a bit more manageable after this update. I can't even formulate a strategy against them at this point.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • no2uno2u Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW got nerfs across the board. Alot of their dmg increasing feats got nerfed, along with Ray of Enfeeblement which is what caused dmg spikes in pvp. Doesn't say exactly how much of a reduction it was but their list is almost entirely nerfs except maybe one aoe radius increase.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know what base dmg is right?

Take off your weapon and power gear now look at your tooltips.

Lol.

Also if you need a pathetic unmitigatable nearly one shot skill to win in pvp as a TR you're doing it wrong.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There is a lot to like in those patch notes, including the changes to the Rogue.

60% might be too big a nerf to Shocking Execution, but we can't say that for sure until we test it. Even if that 60% number was a flat damage reduction (which it isn't) I think we'd find that the skill would still be a useful tool to finish off enemies who are getting low on health.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Lashing Strike out of Lurker's Assault Boosted Stealth one shots CWs and you'll still be in stealth for more shenanigans so why even bother with Shocking? To overkill someone at 1/3rd life? lol.
  • horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    How is TR dps in dungeons on test? I'm more worried about the huge DF nerfs and the new awesome bleed bug that makes it so we do no bleed damage after 7 seconds...
  • adfanujnadfanujn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »
    Lashing Strike out of Lurker's Assault Boosted Stealth one shots CWs and you'll still be in stealth for more shenanigans so why even bother with Shocking? To overkill someone at 1/3rd life? lol.

Mostly to kill guardian fighters.
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    adfanujn wrote: »
    Mostly to kill guardian fighters.

xD, that's pretty much the only time I use it too. Lurker's too stronk.
  • nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So essentially the 60% nerf is because of PvP?
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well as a GF. Shocking execution was not only the most broke skill in PvP. It by passes all defense. So dont' matter what you hit with it. Just smack your face on the key board and win. That's pretty bad when a TR has so many skills to use to even complain about the I win button.

Ice knife does no where near the damage shocking execution does why. Cause Ice Knife doesn't kill me sure it hurts like hell but at least I can block it or take it and still fight. So this was just totally needed instead of nubbing someone with there daily. A daily should turn the tide in your favor. Not 1 hit on the encounter. Ice Knife could be turned down as well in the future it does a lot personally no daily should take more then 40% of your life in top gear vs top gear. So that way there is actually PvP going on. Not face to keyboard look what I did I won. I am so good. lol.

I just like that as a GF my daily is just a set up for my actual skills. Though my actual skills is a 3 shot. Anyway looks great and was needed. Just adapt to it.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well as a GF. Shocking execution was not only the most broke skill in PvP. It by passes all defense. So dont' matter what you hit with it. Just smack your face on the key board and win. That's pretty bad when a TR has so many skills to use to even complain about the I win button.

It's really not as simple as that, as many a TR has explained before. It's damage is based on how much health is missing. A CW with full health would only be scratched by an SE. I don't know how the 60% base damage reduction will play out, but I guess it's now more with what it's supposed to be, a big hitting finisher.

And while a decently specced GF may be able to eat an Iceknife, most folks dressed in leathers and cloth cannot. I'm not complaining, Dailies should hurt a lot, and so should the TR's.
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    It's really not as simple as that, as many a TR has explained before. It's damage is based on how much health is missing. A CW with full health would only be scratched by an SE. I don't know how the 60% base damage reduction will play out, but I guess it's now more with what it's supposed to be, a big hitting finisher.

And while a decently specced GF may be able to eat an Iceknife, most folks dressed in leathers and cloth cannot. I'm not complaining, Dailies should hurt a lot, and so should the TR's.

That's funny cause I have watched a TR 1 shot a CW with full life with SE. Most of the time the player is at 75% when he hits his I win button. Its broke and got fixed some. Was needed. Now TR's wont go around mashin there face to 16kills from dailys is all.

a typical encounter pre patch. Anyone gets the upper hand on a TR. gets the TR to 10 % life. The opponent is at 80% life. TR drops SE walks away with a kill running to a pot.
  • jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get how balancing becomes a nerf? If you want OP go buy a game genie, if you came to actually play a game not on easy mode, then let them do what they can to balance things. Entitlement is not a right, even in a video game lol
  • coolcoollocoolcoollo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%. Nice to see they do nothing to the Wizards Ice Knife which can nearly one shot you in PvP also.

Base damage is separate from the %hp missing damage that it does. Remember, the dailies also gain power scaling so you don't know if its an overall buff or nerf to the end result base damage.

As of now - its ability to kill someone on low hp hasn't been reduced at all; i.e Damage based on %health missing.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nibby75 wrote: »
    So essentially the 60% nerf is because of PvP?

Well, its certainly not THE daily to use in PvE.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's funny cause I have watched a TR 1 shot a CW with full life with SE. Most of the time the player is at 75% when he hits his I win button. Its broke and got fixed some. Was needed. Now TR's wont go around mashin there face to 16kills from dailys is all.

a typical encounter pre patch. Anyone gets the upper hand on a TR. gets the TR to 10 % life. The opponent is at 80% life. TR drops SE walks away with a kill running to a pot.

Then you'll complain about lurker's assault when more TRs start using it. I can one-shot someone with lurker's assault+stealth+lashing blade (25-38k crits) and still have 8 seconds left to kill another person spamming CoS, if not two.
  • maggotholemaggothole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jerchak wrote: »
    I don't get how balancing becomes a nerf? If you want OP go buy a game genie, if you came to actually play a game not on easy mode, then let them do what they can to balance things. Entitlement is not a right, even in a video game lol

This ^^^

Don't get me wrong, I love my rogue, but now I can play him without feeling slightly guilty.
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lrdthorren wrote: »
    As posted in the Balance and Gameplay Update.

Trickster Rogue

Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat.
    Blitz: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
    Deft Strike: This power no longer places the Rogue in front of certain dragons.
    Duelist's Flurry: Credit for the bleed damage is now properly attributed if multiple Rogues apply stacks.
    Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.

Impossible to Catch: The Stealthed version no longer removes DoT effects when activated, but does prevent them from being applied while active.

Smoke Bomb: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
    Feat: Catspaw Style: This feat now properly reduces the target's defense.
    Feat: Deadly Momentum: The Critical Severity buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.
    Feat: Ruthless Efficiency: The Armor Penetration buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Happy to see they did nothing for all the KD's and holds that make PvP worthless. Ever notice a TR is the only class with out a KD. All the other classes have away to hold you in place while beating you down except for the TR.

Uh... have you actually played the TR "Nerfs" on the Test Server? .... heh... they uh... well if these changes actually harm you... you're a bad rogue. This is coming from a lvl 60 Rogue.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • xippinxippin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agree. 60% nerf is insane. Ice knife has always been more scary to me, i'm mystified why that's not nerfed as well.

I think if we were to look at effective damage as a function of dps - current hp, we'd find Ice knife does way more damage, since it doesn't scale based on remaining hp.

60% Reduction to BASE DAMAGE. Not the percentage increase, and not total damage you are receiving from stat contributions. They are also INCREASING power contribution. I highly doubt it will be that bad.

Furthermore, a reduction in damage ultimately was needed. My GWF has 27k hp's. In pvp today, a TR SE'd me for 21k in a 1vs1 and I survived it. That means that I had at a minimum 21,001 hp's left when he used it.

That means that having at minimum 78% of my hp's left, SE hit me for 77% of my hp's. That is definitely too powerful my friend.

As for TR's not having a KD. You have an execute, stealth, AoE persistant silence, and you can use a ranged attack while still staying stealthed. You are far from a disadvantage.

Edit: Also, play a GWF and try Take Down. It has the shortest range of ANY ability I've seen. You can out run its animation. You don't even have to dodge, simply push the W key and it will miss.
  • karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    People clearly aren't smart enough to know that it isn't Ice Knife that kills you, it's ray of enfeeblement. RoE is being nerfed.
  • furiusdisplayfuriusdisplay Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This is a ridiculous statement, Ice Knife does no where near as much damage as Shocking Execution unless the target is debuffed with Ray of Imbament (getting nerfed thankfully [I have a 60 CW and this skill is broken]) and it crits. Additionally, Ice Knife can be dodged (easily before the change to dodge ping) whereas Shocking Execution can not. With that said, Ice Knife does knock the target prone and give chill counters, so it has other functions.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013

You two are uninformed. I've a moderately geared TR (13.5k GS, no TENE's) and I have no fear of these nerfs at all, and approve of them tbh. If TENE's also get nerfed that is.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Then you'll complain about lurker's assault when more TRs start using it. I can one-shot someone with lurker's assault+stealth+lashing blade (25-38k crits) and still have 8 seconds left to kill another person spamming CoS, if not two.

I am not complaining I am stating the facts. As I watch my team mates get 1 shot. I much rather have a TR use a utility skill like Lurkers assault since its in line with there char and play. If somehow I get nuked in stealth maybe I deserve it. Although a face mashing key board win button doesn't bring enjoyment to pvp. So there fixing it. It is Open Beta. It is overpower so balance is the way is all. No complaints here :)

The sky is blue, Water is wet, SE hits too hard. I just call it as I see it.