What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which is the best T2 set for a PvE CW?

2»

Comments

• astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Also Gladiator Set will actually be a good option for CN Draco. Having Entangling Force in Mastery available every 7.5sec will make AP Regen constantly full.

When i first saw Gladiator set i did'nt even plan to upgrade it with T2 - so sweet set bonus, not bad stats after all. But, sadly, its bugged and doesnt work at all at the moment. And ppl say it still bugged on test server. :(
  • nipsnapsnipsnaps Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With Astral Shield not being up 100% of the time post-changes, I think you are underestimating the Def buff of the Vizier. Also with the changes to the Power stat and Aggro/Threat, ArP may not be top priority for some classes, even Plague Fire may be replaced to some other beneficial weapon Enchant.

Also with the Shadow Weaver, I am interested to know how often of a chance do you get to land a control or non-control spells on the boss, to give the TRs the buff? You must be some kickA$$ CW on them adds :P
    I was talking of the def _de_buff. Defbuff, erm, well, sure it helps if you are having troubles, but I'm not having troubles with what I have now either (what kills me on draco is dodging into just appearing purple patch which is always fun, or getting pingponged through multiple reds while knocked down so can't do anything). Also doing it with a single DC just fine (have 3manned the last 30% just two nights ago, with _me_ as the dps since the rogue died ... =P).

AFAIK, ArP is the best dmg stat at the moment for all classes up till pretty much the "hardcap". It just gives so much per rating. As for SW bonus, yes shooting Magic Missiles and using Ray+Entangling Force or Ray+Repel or Ray+Chill is pretty much high uptime. Magic Missile especially. All you really need is a proficient DC, Singularity and Shield, Ray for boss debuff, leaving 2 encounters for making it easier: chill/repel/entangle on mastery depending on your wants, and I use steal time for extra CC on the normal encounter slot always due to my feat setup anyways.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the high vizier is not just for you, but everyone who is attacking. other wizards, guardian and you. and with you it gives you effectively 2200 ARP. or whatever the equivelant is.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • dameion5dameion5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why none likes Magelord ? It gives much more Defence as Vizier instead of an useless Deflection and with that you can stack recovery hella fast and use the Enchament slots for Power/Crit instead of stack more Recovery... Do you really think that some defence lack on mobs will speed up the runs THAT fast ? I talked with some Cws that runs CN and most of them said that Magelord is a great set, as long it dosen't cost 2 Gigazillion AD.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'd recommend u to read this thread, dude. It like really rocks.
    Noone give a f**k about you being top dps in any of T2s or CN. Well, except yourself ofc. Srsly, noone care - all you need is to kill a boss and get dem phat lewtz. And CW job is crowd control. It doesnt matter your singularity explodes for 6k or 2.5k on 30 adds - as long as u keep grabbing 30 adds with singualrity.

So, imo shadow weaver is only good for buffing dem rogues. As well as High Vizier.

So again i go back to your original reply to me.i will again try to ignore the Jar Jar Binks or 12 year old girl level of communication. ( "it like really rocks" - did you actually write that lol)

You say this is a thread about which is the better set. You say my analysis of the result of producing good damage results while being effective is not relevant and send me to a post about control. There is more than one boss in CN unless you are saying you glitch to the last boss each time. Those previous three bosses you can achieve massive crit severity for your entire team.

Frankly you attacked my post not for the results i was stating you attacked it just to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Stating a lrn2play attitude.

Frankly i dont know why anyone would listen to you. You say run high viz yet you run with shadow weaver.

Again i state you are sincerely a confused person and i suggest to others they do not enage you in communication nor listen to your theories.
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nipsnaps wrote: »
    High vizier might actually be near worthless for properly geared groups, since people will cap ArPen for their own chars pretty much since it is the top DPS stat till the def% cap. Also you will lose almost 600 rating points on regen, which is... *snort* =P

Shadow weaver isn't about own dmg at dracolich, but the rogues. Giving the rog more crit severity is key. Also the extra lifeleech will make the rogues more durable versus random add hits as they will fill themselves up nice n fast.

Gladiator is actually a great set once the bonus finally works. 25% on mastery CD? Brilliant. ArPen and the other ratings? Excellent!

The wild card is actually Archmage set with the -1sec CD proc on control powers ... at-will powers, what are those? =P The Archmage will be the ultimate controller, the set also has more defensive stats in deflect. Now if that regen was even MORE defense it would be neat. =P

Near worthless? Hardly and I'm reasonably sure you know that :P Top set in a top geared party? No, you're right on that one. I think the attraction is that most groups out there are NOT top geared parties with capped ARP/crit/recov all working together with perfect rotations etc etc.

The majority is actually going to be the average joe and in that case this is a fantastic set especially considering the cost is approx 1/5th that of the shadow set currently. Meanwhile, the cost in the AH of the shadow set continues to drop and we can all pick one up in a few weeks - month :D At least that is my plan to do.
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All you really need is a proficient DC

As a solo CN DC and in copticone's group I just wanted to comment here. You don't even need a proficient DC :P If I can do it solo anybody can lol. If the adds go over the side it's a snoozefest. If they do not go over....well, then it's hard for everybody hehe :D
    edited June 2013
    Near worthless? Hardly and I'm reasonably sure you know that :P Top set in a top geared party? No, you're right on that one. I think the attraction is that most groups out there are NOT top geared parties with capped ARP/crit/recov all working together with perfect rotations etc etc.
    Yes I said and meant near worthless. Sure, I usually talk of highly skilled end game people, not your run of the mill slouchers, AND if we check the thread topic it talks of BEST, not "while gearing up". If we aim for the best, we should think the others in the group are also in their near-best gear. That means the debuff is mostly worthless, and if people are skilled the extra defense is just gravy and not that useful ...
    The majority is actually going to be the average joe and in that case this is a fantastic set especially considering the cost is approx 1/5th that of the shadow set currently. Meanwhile, the cost in the AH of the shadow set continues to drop and we can all pick one up in a few weeks - month :D At least that is my plan to do.
    For facepalm groups, yeah this is most likely best set. For high end groups, definitely not. :)
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes I said and meant near worthless. Sure, I usually talk of highly skilled end game people, not your run of the mill slouchers, AND if we check the thread topic it talks of BEST, not "while gearing up". If we aim for the best, we should think the others in the group are also in their near-best gear. That means the debuff is mostly worthless, and if people are skilled the extra defense is just gravy and not that useful ...

For facepalm groups, yeah this is most likely best set. For high end groups, definitely not. :)

On Preview server, it looks like it is applying a %mitigation decrease, similar to Ray of Enfeeblemt. So ArP would not be redundant. Regardless, I am pretty sure many players with dps characters will be forced to balance their defensive stats given the new DC/Threat/Aggro changes. A CW with pure offensive Stats might find himself spending more time respawning at camp fires.
    Eh, just a week away before we get a final word on what's going to end up on Live, then the QQs will really rain down lol
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited June 2013
    On Preview server, it looks like it is applying a %mitigation decrease, similar to Ray of Enfeeblemt. So ArP would not be redundant. Regardless, I am pretty sure many players with dps characters will be forced to balance their defensive stats given the new DC/Threat/Aggro changes. A CW with pure offensive Stats might find himself spending more time respawning at camp fires.
    Eh, just a week away before we get a final word on what's going to end up on Live, then the QQs will really rain down lol
    Ah if it is giving a -%mitigation like others that goes beyond 0% instead of reducing the need for ArPen, yeah that changes things. The regen is still sucky though. =P
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope i just found out it is not redundant either.

Defense reductions, by % or value are effected after ARP. thats why plaguefire works with max ARP.

so no, its not useless for any party. it will increase anyones, so stacking ARP on yoru wizard would make it even more so.
    I made a thread and there have been reports and numbers/tests about such things.

arp just seems to be another way of saying "extra damage" it doesnt lower the defense of monsters, then you apply the loweringn and damage goes up even more.

So yea, High Vizier for everyone and yourself. shame it doesnt have crit on it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • paradoxie01paradoxie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone knows whether Conduit of Ice(Tab) and Icy Rays procs High Viz's 4set bonus? feedback would be greatly appreciated ^^
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its been a few days since patch. Whats the best T2 for a CW that mainly just wants to control?
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • morthanosmorthanos Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone knows whether Conduit of Ice(Tab) and Icy Rays procs High Viz's 4set bonus? feedback would be greatly appreciated ^^

Neither. Only things I've found are Entangling Force (3 stacks in mastery slot), Shield Blast (3 stacks), and Steal Time (1 stack, no matter how many targets affected). Not sure about Repel, or other spells as I don't use them much. But Chill Strike (even in mastery) and Icy Terrain do not proc the set either.