test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym complaining

gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Many people are upset about Gauntlgrym being forced pve/pvp. I don't get the upset . It provides tier 2 loot. Tier 2 loot is already accessible. This gives people who want to compete both in pve/pvp something to do and isn't required in the least bit. If you don't like it you don't have to do it. You're not really missing out, there's other ways to gain tier 2 gear.

Thank you for fixing my title!
Post edited by gaerolth on

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Although you are going to get legions of whiners coming in here and trying to put you down, while implying their opinion is more valid than yours, you are right.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only problem I see is how this will truly be P2W.

"Rewards skill and speed"

Aka stacking greater/perfect enchants (broken tenebrous stacking) and cash shop mounts.

This is going to be hilariously stupid lol.
  • Options
    vamaelvamael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure people were expecting a more standard PvE raid with better than T2 loot.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when the only endgame pve forces PVP, something is wrong. Some people dislike pvp. Some people dislike raiding. Trying to force both camps into one dungeon so they each have to participate in both activities is kind of dumb IMHO; very few people (in my experience only) like both endgame raids AND pvp equally well and want to excel at both.

I will leave it at that. Its a neat idea, but it is probably also a dumb idea. Kinda like a perpetual motion machine or something -- looks good on paper and all that...

It might actually be fun since most likely it will be a bunch of scrubs that prefer PVE (no insult intended, simply saying they are not pvp experts with tweaked builds etc) and scrub on scrub can be amusing and lighthearted, fun pvp instead of the cutthroat expert pvp battles. Time will tell but I suspect most pvp experts won't fool with it.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    when the only endgame pve forces PVP, something is wrong. Some people dislike pvp. Some people dislike raiding. Trying to force both camps into one dungeon so they each have to participate in both activities is kind of dumb IMHO; very few people (in my experience only) like both endgame raids AND pvp equally well and want to excel at both.

I will leave it at that. Its a neat idea, but it is probably also a dumb idea. Kinda like a perpetual motion machine or something -- looks good on paper and all that...

It's not the only end game "pve." It provides the same level rewards as existing pve. It's not dropping tier 3 here. It's dropping tier 2 which already exists. If it dropped tier 3 gear I'd 100% agree with you but it isn't. It's no more end game than running the likes of castle never. To Vamael, that's a completely different argument. Those people should be arguing that they need to release tier 3 end game content. Gauntlgrym isn't it.

Kmote, this isn't any different than "pvp" though, I don't necessarily agree it's p2w. I have defeated people with better enchants than me, the difference isn't "That" high between "decent" enchants and the best. Either way, Gauntlgrym isn't necessary for advancement. You can easily just ignore it's existence.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    noroblad wrote: »

It might actually be fun since most likely it will be a bunch of scrubs that prefer PVE (no insult intended, simply saying they are not pvp experts with tweaked builds etc) and scrub on scrub can be amusing and lighthearted, fun pvp instead of the cutthroat expert pvp battles. Time will tell but I suspect most pvp experts won't fool with it.

The only thing I see wrong with this, is that this game is NOT a pvp game, and it's not meant to be. It was clearly tacked on, this sort of thing is perfectly fine in a game like Warhammer Online or DAOC, Aion, or hell even WoW which gave PVP gear.

Doing some PvPvE thing in a game like this just seems like a horrible idea.

Seriously I hope the patch comes with some serious pvp balancing with it otherwise it's going to be a complete joke. There are way too many overpowered things, TTK being waaaay tooo low (with the cc that exists), there are still plenty of exploits and bugs (daily canceling spamming, class mechanics breaking completely, 2 min silence bugs). Then there are things like Cash Shop Mounts that are going to make an ENORMOUS difference, as well as completely overpowered and completely P2W enchants like PERFECT soulforged, greater vorpals/plaguefire giving massive dmg, tenebrous stacking which is absolutely overpowered.

Astral Shield is still an ADDITIVE DR that stacks with each other, 4 AS = 100% dmg mitigation by themselves.

And finally, I'm afraid the PVE content is going to be the exact same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we have now, generic boss with 1000000 adds, god I hope not lol.
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Many people are upset about Gauntlgrym being forced pve/pvp. I don't get the upset . It provides tier 2 loot. Tier 2 loot is already accessible. This gives people who want to compete both in pve/pvp something to do and isn't required in the least bit. If you don't like it you don't have to do it. You're not really missing out, there's other ways to gain tier 2 gear.

Thank you for fixing my title!

Amen! Well said. I would also add that all these PVE players who scoff at PVP should at least try it sometime. The main reason people flame PVP is that they're afraid to jump in a match and fail. I used to be exclusively a PVE player back in the day. Then the first time I got top score/kills in a match I was hooked and never looked back. Just try it folks. You can't win all the time (and you will most certainly get your butt kicked sometimes), but when you have a good match it's great satisfaction. I'm no PVP master, I've only tried it with Rift, Tribes Ascend and here in NW. Also for you folks above 35 years old that think you've lost your edge and are afraid to compete against 20 year olds, I'm 38 and have top score/top killed in many matches. So as the old saying goes, don't knock it 'till you try it.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a lot of complaining without any actual facts. A lot are talking about the PvP balance, however, until we see the actual patch notes showing the class balancing fixes, it's pointless to be arguing about this. Wait until the patch notes are released, or the patch is on the test server for people to actually play with until passing judgement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There is a lot of complaining without any actual facts. A lot are talking about the PvP balance, however, until we see the actual patch notes showing the class balancing fixes, it's pointless to be arguing about this. Wait until the patch notes are released, or the patch is on the test server for people to actually play with until passing judgement.

It's not just class balance, but also P2W aspects.

And exploits and bugs, etc.
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flappyj wrote: »
    I'm looking to swap out some games I'm not going to play again for some stuff I would make use of. Up for trade I have:

1) Darkfall: Unholy Wars account - hardcore, full-loot, PvP-focused MMORPG good in both NA and EU but has no playtime remaining. $15 per month to play, but if you were planning to spend $40 on the initial purchase price this would save you $25 off that. There's a very low level character with some random items you can feel free to delete or use as you prefer.

2) Neverwinter Online - MMORPG game account with a level 60 rogue and about 150k Astral Diamonds, full set of epic PvP gear, lots of other assorted items and things.

3) Simcity (2013) Limited Edition + Deadspace 3 - 2x Origin accounts with these two games on it, and the associated hotmail accounst which were create specifically for them. Bought the copies of Simcity as preorders to play with gf but the launch of this game was not pretty, to be polite. On the other hand, they are up to patch 4.0 and I've heard its improved but I've got no desire to play now.

What I'm looking for:

1) GW2 account - I'd like to try the PvP in this game, doesn't matter what level the character is or anything like that.

2) TERA Online account - any with a level 60 character

3) TERA Online gold/items - would have to be on Mt. Tyrannus server, I've got a 43 priest I'm slowly leveling

4) Steam trades - open to whatever offers

5) Other offers - surprise me

If interested you can contact me at flapjackstack1@live.com (have Steam and Ventrilo as well) Thanks!

cVfpoFy.png

You've been reported for spamming this same message in over 7 pages worth of threads according to your post history.