test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession Requests

mavislovemavislove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1. I would like the ability to queue up jobs while I'm away at work or sleeping. I might want to tell a mercenary "protect caravan until further notice"
2. I've noticed that some low level jobs are better than higher up jobs. I have not found a reason to do some high level jobs. Unless I'm going to bed. Some of these rare jobs take 8 to 18 hours and provide less reward than some jobs that take two hours. I do "protect caravan" over and over and over again for this reason. I only take the longer jobs if I'm going to work or bed.
3. Feeding the needy quest should be adjusted. If you do it every 10 min like clockwork, it is the best leadership xp gainer for early levels Make it a 30 min quest with the same equivalent xp. Increase the cost of porridge if yo like. But 10 minute profession interruptions interrupt the rest of the game.
4. Some of the terminology is unclear. What is a rank vs. level. I had to look that up on other sites.
5. More info on the web/wikis
Post edited by mavislove on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mavislove wrote: »
    1. I would like the ability to queue up jobs while I'm away at work or sleeping. I might want to tell a mercenary "protect caravan until further notice"

That goes against the design.
    2. I've noticed that some low level jobs are better than higher up jobs. I have not found a reason to do some high level jobs. Unless I'm going to bed. Some of these rare jobs take 8 to 18 hours and provide less reward than some jobs that take two hours. I do "protect caravan" over and over and over again for this reason. I only take the longer jobs if I'm going to work or bed.

That's why the longer ones exist. That's also why suggestion #1 won't happen. This is the design intent.
    3. Feeding the needy quest should be adjusted. If you do it every 10 min like clockwork, it is the best leadership xp gainer for early levels Make it a 30 min quest with the same equivalent xp. Increase the cost of porridge if yo like. But 10 minute profession interruptions interrupt the rest of the game.

See #1 and #2 for why that works as it does.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There should atleast be a repeat button, instead of having to do a billion clicks to set up the same one over again.
  • mavislovemavislove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    There should atleast be a repeat button, instead of having to do a billion clicks to set up the same one over again.

Basically, some form of standing order. If you ain't doing anything else... Feed the needy!
    /shouldn't we be doing that :)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mavislove wrote: »
    Basically, some form of standing order. If you ain't doing anything else... Feed the needy!
    /shouldn't we be doing that :)

Again, removing the micro-management aspect of it would be going against how they mean it to work. Short missions give better % reward/time, exactly because they take more attention.

(which is one reason they went with this concept for crafting - anything that makes you log in again, either to the game or the gateway, is something keeping you paying attention to their game. And the longer you're paying attention to their game, the better odds they have of you buying something.)