Options

Taking review requests

2»

Comments

• Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sskmom wrote: »
    I don't know if you would be interested in a quest that is not heavy on story but I think I've made a somewhat unique set-up of riddles and jumping puzzles. Play through with choosing all answers correct was about 15 min - it was about 26 min for my friends that played and failed some of the riddles. The number is NW-DLA4ZT606 Thank you for this offer of reviewing quests.

I've done your quest. My comments follow.

Typo report:
    • Quest Desc: "If you answer correctly, there is no fighting at all." (comma)
    • Quest Desc: "If you answer wrong, then prepare to be punished!" (comma)
    • Quest Desc: "... jumping in it, and..." (comma)
    • Frinko: "Yes, I love adventure, and..." (comma)
    • Frinko: "No, I'm lazy, and money..." (comma)
    • Frinko: (I'm just going to retype the whole paragraph with corrections.) "Well, I'm happy that you are so excited, but be warned that this quest is all about the riddles and jumping skills. To get to the treasure chest, you must face three Riddle Masters. If you answer the riddles correctly, then you will have safe passage. If not, then be prepared to fight or die. If you survive the riddles, you still have a final room that will test your skill and patience. Head to the door to begin your adventure; good luck!"
    • Quest objective: "Find the entrance to the Riddle Realms" ("Realms," not "Relms")
    • "Go to Next Map" is the hover text for that entrance. Might want to change it.
    • Riddle Master: (I'm just going to retype the whole paragraph with corrections.) "Nice to see another challenger. I am a Rank 1 Riddle Master, and I will be testing you today. Be aware that if you answer incorrectly, then the path you will be given will be unsafe. If you choose wisely, then you will have safe passage and you just need to find the door to the next realm. You can attempt my riddle again to try a new path - if you are brave enough.

Let's begin. Your riddle is... How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?"
    • The door to the next Riddle Realm also says "Go to Next Map." (Purple path, not sure about others.)
    • Riddle Master: "I am the Rank 2 Riddle Master. There are three doors leading out of this room, but the doors are locked. I can open the doors for you, but first, I need you to collect a few mushrooms for me.

I need six different mushrooms: two purple mushrooms, two blue mushrooms and two green mushrooms.

Once I have them, I can create a spell to break the seal on each of the doors. You, of course, also have a riddle to solve. Once you answer my riddle, I will unlock a door. Be aware that only one room will have the door to the next Realm. the other two rooms will punish you for choosing poorly. You can attempt the riddle more than once - just talk to me again if you are up to the challenge.

To begin - I need the mushrooms, so could you go get them for me, please?"
    • Riddle Master: "Yes, I will help you. I can't get through these doors on my own."
    • Riddle Master: "Thank you for gathering these mushrooms for me. Now, as you solve this riddle, I will use these mushrooms in my spell so that I can break the seals on the doors.

The riddle is... I keep you safe, I keep you fine. I make your hands sweat and your heart grow cold. I visit the weak, but seldom the bold. What am I?"
    • Riddle Master: "I am the Rank 3 Riddle Master - the highest rank. Once you answer my riddle, you will be given directions on how to cross the floating floor. Be aware that if you answer incorrectly, then the instructions you will be given will lead to pain or death. If you answer correctly and follow the directions exactly, then you will reach the other side safely. The door to the final Realm is there for you to use.

You can attempt my riddle more than once by talking to me again.

Here is your final riddle... A merchant can place 8 large boxes or 10 small boxes into a carton for shipping. In one shipment, he sent a total of 96 boxes. If there are more large boxes than small boxes, how many cartons did he ship?
    • Again, the door into the final Realm is labeled "Go to Next Map."
    • Guardian: "I am the Guardian of the Treasure. You have shown that you are wise enough to beat three Riddle Masters, so you have earned your chance at claiming the treasure. All you have to do is make it to the top. Good luck!"

Other notes:
    • "Green mushroom," "Blue mushroom," "Large purple mushroom" - pretty boring descriptions.
    • The door to the next map after the mushroom jumping puzzle has the option to "interact" and to "go to next map." The problem with this is that I suspect that interacting will break the door; I suggest that you test this in the Foundry, because I didn't test this (didn't want to break the quest). I saw this phenomenon in my friend's quest, too.

Quite the quest! I hope you don't expect many plays, though; it's hard to do jump quests when lagging. =/
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quest Title: Regular Quest
    Short Code: NW-DADXEQ4QH
    Duration: 2 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Orodalf! Hopefully you can try mine out too when you get a chance... I apologize now because I fear you'll find a lot of stuff for me to fix (it's my first quest). :P

It's called:
    One Step to Darkness
    NW-DNJC9SK7A
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    sskmomsskmom Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Thank you very much for all the help and the review! I will get right on those changes :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    animage00animage00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is my first and probably my last quest. I spent almost a month on it and no one ever plays it. I end up keep tinkering with it coming up with ideas and placing it. This foundry is truly endless, but without players playing it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. If you guys don't mind playing my small quest which I spent so much time on, please do.

Title: Kobold Infestations
    Code: NW-DOBA28A4S
  • Options
    warstormforumwarstormforum Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    animage00 wrote: »
    This is my first and probably my last quest. I spent almost a month on it and no one ever plays it. I end up keep tinkering with it coming up with ideas and placing it. This foundry is truly endless, but without players playing it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. If you guys don't mind playing my small quest which I spent so much time on, please do.

Title: Kobold Infestations
    Code: NW-DOBA28A4S

Yea thats a major known problem right now thats happining because quests get stuck in the for review tab at first and that one lags like hell so new foundrys get stuck in the lag hell in an ever increasing list people are wiling to test but cant without going to the forum which is to much trouble for msot people cryptic REALLY needs to fix this
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, can you please review my first quest (in sig)? It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot making it and I think it resulted in me being way over my head with my new project xD (over 20 maps in 2-part campaign)

I need a couple more plays to get daily foundry for it.
  • Options
    pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi

That's mighty nice of you. Appreciate a review of my quests. Links in sig
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My campaign is in signature :) check it!
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    :] Fun times...

Give mine a go, you might like it.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you run out of content to review, or want to pick content that suits you, I could use some help.
    Check this post here.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png