test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking a Guild on Dragon

drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
It has been surprisingly difficult to find the guild for me. Difficult enough that I felt the need to start this thread.

I'm a level 60 Dwarven Guardian on Dragon Server, seeking a guild who don't insist I sign up to their forums or communicate over voicechat. A large number of level 60 members is preferable, increasing the likelyhood of constant dungeon runs and allowing me to jump in at any time.
Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
Post edited by drakesigar on

Comments

• kingbullgodkingbullgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 254 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hi.

You don't say where you are from?

If you are from Europe (or don't mind playing between 15:00-01:00 GMT+1) and you are okay with using Teamspeak for voice chat whenever we do team-events (Dungeons, PvP, etc), then check my recruitment post below. Let me know if this Guild is something for you.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?224042-Europe-Dedicated-Rejects-PvP-amp-PvE-Clan

/KBG
    JOIN OUR TEAMSPEAK -> [URL="ts3server://ts.dr-clan.net"]CLICK HERE[/URL]
    Te644VF.png
  • aenuuaenuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    I don't know many (but there are some) guilds worth even mentioning that don't require one or the other, if not both.

It's not that big of deal, really. I mean, there's a difference between a guild you're trying to join asking you to register on their website versus a guild asking you to visit it and participate on their forums everyday. You know?

The same can be said about voice chat. I believe the majority of the good end game guilds out there require you to use their preferred voice chat client, at least when you are raiding, or grouping for dungeons or PVP. Some don't require you to speak but you do have to listen to voice chat.

My guild offers voice chat for those who want to use it but we do not require anyone to use it at any time. We also will invite you to the guild without requiring you to register first, but if you want guild bank privileges and any sort of promote in ranks, you need to register so we have a way to contact you outside of game. Other than that, we do not require our members to 'use' our website or forums, but it's highly encouraged because if you don't visit our forums you won't know about all of our contests, guild meetings, amendments to our guild charter and policies, important announcements, refer to our dungeon guides, gear guides, etc., etc.

We DO, however, require our Officers to participate regularly in the forums. That's just the way we do things.

The bottom line is that it's just common practice for many guilds who want to excel and be better than the average pick up group ("PUG") in what they do. PUG's can waste a lot of time and energy (though to be fair, some can turn out quite well when you're lucky).

If you don't use some sort of voice chat for PVP, you are NOT going to be as organized and coordinated as the teams that do. And you won't know the strategies for dungeons and other encounters or activities - people will have to stand around and wait while someone explains it all to you because you don't want to register on a website and take a few minutes to read just the relevant stuff when it's useful to you. Or worse, they'll invite you and not explain anything and the group will fail because you didn't know the strategies.

I mention all of this only because you say you find it "surprisingly difficult" to finding a guild not using either of these. It's kind of the trend for the past several years (the past decade for some). And I probably wouldn't have bothered explaining this if you weren't level 60, haha. But maybe you're new'ish to MMORPG's or maybe you don't normally join organized guilds. I don't know, and it shouldn't matter to me. But I thought I'd take the time to give you a thoughtful, human answer instead of waiting for someone else to post a sarcastic or snide comment.

That said, if you just want a social group of friends who don't care about guild performance or group performance in anything - they just want to have fun? Then simply ask for that. That's fine of course, there's nothing wrong with joining a guild that isn't hardcore or full of elitests. Everyone should play the game however they like to enjoy it, as long as they follow the TOS and such.

Just hop in game and go to Protector's Enclave and ask to join a guild with no requirements. They do exist. Unfortunately many of those are guilds for "alts" or a small group of friends (who may often use voice chat amongst themselves when they group up together). Hehe. I wish you the best of luck!
  • smurph115smurph115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eminence is recruiting. We're an end game guild, founded by MMO veterans. We're currently looking for active, dedicted, and skilled level 60s. We make acceptions for levels but also require applications upon joining. We have 30+ lvl 60s running dungeons at all times of the day. We also have an active mumble & website. Check us out! http://eminencenwo.enjin.com/home

I know you don't want to sign up but I assure you it would be worth it. Thanks for your time.