test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Server Down, little fixes, disappointing

izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What going to kill this game in the future, not because it's a Pay 2 Win, not because exploits, not because it's a bad game.

But because this game has many and tons of server down times EVERYDAY. Server down today, server down tomorrow, server down the next day. Even worse, server down "IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES" Whoa!! thanks for the EARLY WARNING, perhaps they could give that warning AT LEAST 1 Hour ahead before people are in dungeon or at skirmish final boss.

Ok fine, Auction House exploit is important, fine understandable, fair enough. Perhaps the game is new? and need patching to....maybe to fix this quest bug? fix that power bug? fix this feat bug? (which are plenty)

NO! instead the server back up with after random down time which give people only 5 minutes to prepare, with 3 things fix, only THREE minor fixes, not even worth to turn off the server immediately, they could had waited till next week, they are not even worth to considered as a "patch" and guess what? not power bug fix, not quest bug fix, not feat bug fix, but just some 3 random irrelevant fixes. The next day, server down again... for what!! daily maintenance? are these developers really that bad that they have to constantly shut server down? you don't see Guild War and World of Warcraft servers go down EVERYDAY.

Very depressing, it really turn down players mood to continue playing this game. It's like having your TV randomly turn off when you are trying to watch a movie, it's just sad.
Post edited by izolda on

Comments

• vmicicvmicic Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you participate in Beta's for the above mentioned games? As I recall, it was very similar a month and a half into respective betas....
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, during any 'beta' phase of a games life cycle, you should expect there to be downtime every day, the fact that the downtimes have been so infrequent in the last couple of weeks, is a credit to the work that the devs (and the network support team) have done.

As to your reference to Guild Wars, well arenanet work to a monthly patch cycle, and I recall with GW2, that many of the broken traits, weren't fixed until 3-6 months AFTER release, and the responce from the devs was "we know you are having a hard time but, well, you know, suck it up". Blizzard are better, they have a weekly scheduled downtime for patching, they also have thrown the best part of $150million at 'maintenance' since the launch of WOW, really a case of throw money at problems until they are fixed.

The biggest issue that Cryptic have, is that they have two large MMO's, one with open beta release, and one with a major expansion release, within a few weeks of each other, both running from the same datacentre, this puts a lot of strain on the infrastructure, that wouldn't normally be there. Give it a break..

As to your grumbles about the lack of a major patch to fix all the little gripes you have.. I suspect that is coming in the very near future as mentioned in the post made yesterday. Everything until now, has been 'the little things' that needed to be done to keep the servers running and address exploit issues. The 'big' update that is coming, will change a LOT of the game.

Did I care about yesterdays downtime? no, for once it occured at almost midnight for me.. which is much better than the usual mid-afternoon..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are many games out there, especially MMO are still in "beta" like forever

From what I see "beta" is just an excuse and they can leave it there as long as they like, maybe another 2 years or 5 years assume this game survive that long.

My problem is not constant server down, my problem is they turn off server just to fix minor tiny weeny little problem. Turn server back on, then turn server off the next day to fix one more little tiny mistake. It's like a joke.

"Turn off server just to add an extra flower in front the door, then turn off again because they just remember they forgot to add one line of text" (it's not exact example but you know my point)

Many classes with broken/useless feats, companions are severely unbalance bugged underpowered pointless you name it, maybe these "important" things could use a fix? maybe? but nope! nothing, week after week, still waiting, still nothing. Funny Zen store still open though...
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's not always so abrupt. I had a 30 minute warning the other time. If this is the norm then I could understand, but it's too early to tell.

WoW is a much more matured and developed game, but they still have weekly maintenance for 8 hours. This game goes down for like what hour and a half? It's about the same length of time in total really, but nothing indicates the frequency is going to stay this way.
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Op, stop being so dramatic over exploit fixes. There was more than just the ah exploit which is why we've had a few emergency server takedowns and obviously thats a pretty good reason. The game being down everyday is just exaggeration. They have a bigger patch (whenever that will be) that will be addressing quite a few issues but we have no ETA on that.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    There are many games out there, especially MMO are still in "beta" like forever

From what I see "beta" is just an excuse and they can leave it there as long as they like, maybe another 2 years or 5 years assume this game survive that long.

My problem is not constant server down, my problem is they turn off server just to fix minor tiny weeny little problem. Turn server back on, then turn server off the next day to fix one more little tiny mistake. It's like a joke.

"Turn off server just to add an extra flower in front the door, then turn off again because they just remember they forgot to add one line of text" (it's not exact example but you know my point)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?323961-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-45

They fixed a fusing bug/exploit. It's a pretty big one.