test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter team isn't as big as people think

2»

Comments

• healzbothealzbot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And most crappy cash grab pay to win MMO games don't wipe after the open beta they go right into live....

Fixed that for you. The reason for this is that they are not really interested in having a healthy game population in the first place. Games such as this are focused more on a high churn of players, getting each one to make several micro transactions before they move along.

Also, the amount of misinformation in this thread is absolutely staggering. It amazes me the stretches that people will make trying to be a good little fanboi.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healzbot wrote: »
    Also, the amount of misinformation in this thread is absolutely staggering. It amazes me the stretches that people will make trying to be a good little fanboi.

I could say the same about the haters, both sides are as bad as the other.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »

Nope, because the real haters arent even here. The people hyperbolically being labeled haters are providing feedback about what will make the game better - something the OP better get used to in an open beta - a term the defenders like to use thinking it means they have to ignore bugs and exploits, when in fact they are supposed to be reporting them rather than ignoring them.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pw_office_014.jpg
    21.jpg
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    asian-rich.jpg
    pw_office_014.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your accurate estimate of 10-30 employees is 8-28 more than Champions Online has.
    :p
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »

You can say just about whatever you want. It just won't be accurate or truthful
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People need to think a bit more.

Think? Oh goodness, that'd neeever happen :rolleyes:

That said, I do hope they get some regular GMs in the game for reporting purposes once the game launches.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    demonisha wrote: »
    I think it is funny how companies hide behind this veil of open beta bull****, it seems to fool the whole planet now days.

I think it is funny how people post about how Neverwinter is NOT in open beta like their opinion will some how convince people otherwise...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One trip to a GDC and you would understand that Cryptic as a company is as large as any other developer of the same size/profit margin. When Cryptic left NCsoft they had over 100 full time employees, that number has grown significantly because they hired back most of paragon studios when NCsoft (you know the heartless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that knifed them in the back) closed them down. Cryptic also takes advantage of PWE's art,networking, and testing facilities, J-man from jupiter force (who is now a Cryptic employee on STO ) said he was surprised at the size of the Neverwinter team and that was before STO bolstered it's numbers.

But the hate machine is incapable of rational thinking, but thankfully we are seeling less and less of them and with any luck we won't be seeing two of the worst offenders much longer.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited June 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    You can say just about whatever you want. It just won't be accurate or truthful

Case in point.

EDIT: Seriously though, just take a look at the reactions to people finding ways to get through dungeons in 15 minutes.
    Fanboys wrote:
    It's working as intended, nothing wrong here.
    Haters wrote:
    Another exploit, proof the devs are doing nothing/proof that PWE doesn't care about exploits unless it cuts into their profit margins.
    Probably an exploit but not a major one, it'll get fixed when one of the environment artists finds time to fix it.
    Doomsayers wrote:
    EXPLOIT, GAME IS DOOMED!
  • xelitezxelitez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People need to think a bit more. Always hear people complaining, "Why isn't there a report player button?" "Why is this bug still in the game?" "This exploit is ruining the game". You have to keep in mind there is most likely only 10-30 people who work for the Neverwinter section of PW. They work on things as fast as they can and try to do anything they can to fix things. Perfect World itself isn't a major company. Yes, they make a lot of money but you guys also have to consider most of the money they make most likely goes to staff, servers, and a minor bit of it into profit. Give it time. It is an open beta.

General rule of thumb:
    If you hate bugs/exploits don't join a beta.

Oh boy this post really made me laugh so much that I actually bothered to log in to post a reply to this joke post. 10 to 30 people working on Neverwinter? Really, you honestly think this game has less then 30 people working on it? This includes designers, developers programmers, tester, community. I don't know about you but I'd hate to see a game released that only has 30 people or less working on it, maybe we will see a content update within a year?

I'll give you some credit though, It's a great way to hide from the truth and blindly think the games actually going good. No this game is not beta, a game that is in Beta has a wipe before release, a game in beta does not have a fully functional cash shop and maybe testing it but would give you all the Zen back when the game goes live, not like you keep every item you buy now forever. If this game was in beta do you think they'd make you pay for a respect token or let you respect for free during the beta so people can test the different powers and traits because let's face it 75% of them are bugged and yet we've still not got a single fix. No this game is fully released with an open beta label to convince you idiots that it's okay that the game has game-breaking issues without them being fixed for months because it's in beta.

As for their patches, yeah I thought at first it was great how many patches they was bringing out until you read the patch notes for them all. Go and play the game and you'd come across a game-breaking issue within a few hours and what are they doing, fixing stupid stuff that nobody really gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about. The game has killed itself for me, I don't play anymore I come on the forums every so open to laugh at the patch notes and leave. I know a few people that have also left because of the games issues. Yeah no game is perfect, but at least most games can actually fix broken traits and powers when they are making you pay for respecs, at least most games allow you to actually teleport to PvP once the que has popped and most games certainly don't have class breaking issues. Go and play a GF and see how bugged the block feature is, it basically makes the class unplayable yet have we had a fix yet? No.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been playing maybe..2-4 hours a day depending on how much I feel like playing, it varies ya know? Lately anything but basic solo questing has been a joke. The solo questing is not bad at all though, I really like the environments and graphics when completely maxed out. Planning on getting my rogue to max and probably either playing my 15 cleric more or rerolling a mage but it's up in the air right now, game is so screwed up right now.
    Guys, this game sucks. I only play it 4 hours a day

lol...
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I laugh at the people who think they have unlimited amount of funds to develop this game. Games and projects have budgets. They dont have unlimited amounts of cash. This is why the game was launched as is. They need some more cash flow into the game to finish it off. This more then likly true because they dont come out and say yes or no on this subject. This soft launch was a way for them to take in funds to keep development going for the game. If they had all the funds needed to fix the exploits and issues from closed beta they would of done so without having to start this soft launch with a real money cash store.

Sorry to say so but this is what i feel.

And this is more and more likely true because no dev has said why they let all the exploits and issue from closed beta into the soft beta launch.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    If people dislike this game so much... why are they still around here crying over spilled milk in its forums?

Every MMO has flaws. Every single last one of them.

This game is free... as free as its players are to walk away never to return.
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Nope, because the real haters arent even here. The people hyperbolically being labeled haters are providing feedback about what will make the game better - something the OP better get used to in an open beta - a term the defenders like to use thinking it means they have to ignore bugs and exploits, when in fact they are supposed to be reporting them rather than ignoring them.

Good point but the haters are here as well, they're the people who don't provide feedback just "X is broken" or "X Sucks, fix it" as well as the ones who post step by step guides on how to exploit both here and in other places on the web. (Seriously people this doesn't help, it's just going to get you banned and break the economy even more)

They're also the ones who keep beating the dead horse about how the game NEEDS a wipe, I'm not totally against a wipe if my Zen is refunded, but at the same time I'll admit that a wipe WILL do more harm than good especially now that they've made several promises about not wiping.
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    draemorin wrote: »
    If people dislike this game so much... why are they still around here crying over spilled milk in its forums?

Every MMO has flaws. Every single last one of them.

This game is free... as free as its players are to walk away never to return.

This +10 for the win
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to keep in mind there is most likely only 10-30 people who work for the Neverwinter section of PW..
    Sounds like a personal problem, do I look like I care?

Also it's not a ****ing beta, stop calling it that.