test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Fullscreen and Performance Problems

smartchoismartchoi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been having issues with setting Neverwinter to full screen. The entire screen turns slightly blurr, something like the picture that I have linked below:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RGWwz6egcpU/UIs7JrSwy8I/AAAAAAAACes/7vDzCovB37U/s1600/blurry.jpg

Though, the bluriness is not nearly as bad as the picture above, it still is quite distracting and really lowers the aesthetic enjoyment of the game. The bluriness affects not only the game, but also the game ui and menus etc. I would just like to add that I am using a dual graphics laptop, so I don't know if this explains the bluriness that I experience when playing the game in full screen.

Also, I'm sure many people have already stated this, but the game performance is quite an issue. There seems to be quite a lack of optimizations in the game at this moment. My CPU running at 100% throughout the duration of the game is a testament to this lack of optimization. It may be a bit too early to request a fix for this, but I would really like the tech team to address this issue as soon as possible. I would also like to add that I am using an AMD A6 Llano chipset with AMD 6755m dual graphics, if this helps.

Thank you, Neverwinter Team, for all the help and effort you have already put into this game! I hope these issues will be addressed soon!;)

PS. Its great that you guys are spending much of your time on server optimizations, but I would really appreciate it if you could also spend some time with the client optimization so that the game can run more smoothly and be more enjoyable on the client side of things. Thanks!
Post edited by smartchoi on

Comments

• lamppostawkwardlamppostawkward Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    smartchoi wrote: »
    I have been having issues with setting Neverwinter to full screen. The entire screen turns slightly blurr, something like the picture that I have linked below:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RGWwz6egcpU/UIs7JrSwy8I/AAAAAAAACes/7vDzCovB37U/s1600/blurry.jpg

Though, the bluriness is not nearly as bad as the picture above, it still is quite distracting and really lowers the aesthetic enjoyment of the game. The bluriness affects not only the game, but also the game ui and menus etc. I would just like to add that I am using a dual graphics laptop, so I don't know if this explains the bluriness that I experience when playing the game in full screen.

Also, I'm sure many people have already stated this, but the game performance is quite an issue. There seems to be quite a lack of optimizations in the game at this moment. My CPU running at 100% throughout the duration of the game is a testament to this lack of optimization. It may be a bit too early to request a fix for this, but I would really like the tech team to address this issue as soon as possible. I would also like to add that I am using an AMD A6 Llano chipset with AMD 6755m dual graphics, if this helps.

Thank you, Neverwinter Team, for all the help and effort you have already put into this game! I hope these issues will be addressed soon!;)

PS. Its great that you guys are spending much of your time on server optimizations, but I would really appreciate it if you could also spend some time with the client optimization so that the game can run more smoothly and be more enjoyable on the client side of things. Thanks!

So, it's not really an issue, because it's an easy fix. When you're in the video options about to go fullscreen, just make sure the fullscreen resolution doesn't say unknown, or you'll have to restart the game. I recommend the res. of your desktop.