test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote to kick on PVP

eviilpixiieeviilpixiie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok i must admit, i'm a little touchy on this subject....

Last night my cleric (lvl 16) was booted during a pvp match at lvl 10-19 by a rage toon 'kite me a river' (who just happened to have lead) cos he died while i was standing beside him. facts of the match:
they were leading 700-250ish,
5 vs 4 of us,
the other two members of our team were somewhere else,
3 ganged up on us,
and so he eventually died.

Anyway my points for this post as follows:
I hate campers and bots in PVP
There are still issues with people not connecting into instances so you end up down a player.
Some **** gets lead and doesn't know how to kick or rage kicks.

So why do we not have a vote to kick system?
Why does one random rage teenager get all the power?

I would love to have some insight into this.

Many thanks
Frustrated PvPer
Post edited by eviilpixiie on

Comments

• yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The leader kick function has the downside you mentioned, but with the number of bots, afkers, and queue bugs it is the only way that can make pvp even playable. You likely don't notice what the many decent leaders do to keep the game running smoothly. If the other problems were solved/improved then a vote kick would sound good though.
  • lotharlocnarlotharlocnar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic seemingly doesn't care, or can't afford to care.
    Asian glory farmers are in abundance, the game itself screams American dollars get yours today, they get several 60's and sell accts.
    The bots are an example of the glory farming.
    Campers however are another story, some figure it's a loss and just give up, which is fine because Cryptic doesn't have a equipment/level ability balance system in place and instead of going down and dieing every 5 seconds the person (camps) till the end.
    Having a vote to kick like in Rift is a good ole boy clubs group dream come true.."we can join as 3-4 and kick who we want out" That's because Cryptic will not separate pre-made groups from pugs (same for Rift).

Possible solutions- Premades only fight other pre-mades---All equipment scores must be within 10-20 points of the entire instance population-no leader, anyone can kick anyone 10 kicks per 24 hrs 1 kick per instance/person....lotharlocnarblog.com
    Life's Too short to drink cheap beer!!