test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who would stay?

itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So lets assume for a moment, Cryptic made an announcement tomorow stating the following

"Deu to the amount of feedback of the community we have learned that the game isent fully polished yet, and feel we can no longer justify a "non-wipe" open beta. Because of this we wil be patching the game in the next 6 months before a wipe event happens. Every zen purchased durring and previeus to this wipe wil be refunded.

-Cryptic development team-"

Who would stand behind cryptic taking this action and wil keep playing this game for the months to come and embrace a wipe in the current state of the game?

I am not asking for feedback ore comments here, just a simple "+1" would show that u would support Cryptic in taking this measure. I am also not stating this wil/should happen, i am merely pointing out that i have no problem with them reviewing there stance on there initial point not to wipe the game.
Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
Post edited by itheryel on

Comments

• Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    So lets assume for a moment, Cryptic made an announcement tomorow stating the following

"Deu to the amount of feedback of the community we have learned that the game isent fully polished yet, and feel we can no longer justify a "non-wipe" open beta. Because of this we wil be patching the game in the next 6 months before a wipe event happens. Every zen purchased durring and previeus to this wipe wil be refunded.

-Cryptic development team-"

Who would stand behind cryptic taking this action and wil keep playing this game for the months to come and embrace a wipe in the current state of the game?

I am not asking for feedback ore comments here, just a simple "+1" would show that u would support Cryptic in taking this measure. I am also not stating this wil/should happen, i am merely pointing out that i have no problem with them reviewing there stance on there initial point not to wipe the game.

Six months? The game would be dead.

And I would have no problem with it as long as they refund my money. Cash, not Zen.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should poll if you wanted a simple +1.

IF they refunded zen spent to $ i would be happy with a wipe. That way i could get my money back for this terrible game.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would walk and never play another game from the company
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are there going to be "wipe" threads with every exploit? There wont be a wipe it's time for people to either accept that or move on.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    It depends a lot on the next major patch "Gauntlgrym". I'm a very patient person and will give the benefit of the doubt to the developers. If Gauntlgrym/Module 1 is good then I'll stay .. if not then i'm leaving and not looking back.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Are there going to be "wipe" threads with every exploit? There wont be a wipe it's time for people to either accept that or move on.

At this point I'm starting to expect that in three years we'll have some deep dark exploit
    (every game has one every once in a while) in which people will flood the forums with two comments:

"Wipe the game the economy is ruined."
    "This was reported in Alpha (No evidence supporting the claim) and was never resolved."

:)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry if this sounds rude, but i think ure all butthurt because this game has a lot of potential and it is not being realised just yet.

But who is to say it wil NEVER be realised. If u join a game currently under development, why invest money knowing full well it wont be optimal for another year/maybe 2 years. Shouldent u suport a game under development, knowing it wil take time to get everything right. And even then everything wont be "right" because u cant please everybody.

What i am asking is "would u suport cryptic in making this decision" simple yes/no,
    not open a qq thread for all the people buthurt in suporting something they dident fully understand to begin with.

Ive played PoE (and stil do) and neverwinter, both have a "open-beta" mark on them, and i started playing them EXPECTING exploits/bugs/rollbacks/patches and all of that good stuff. why would u set ureself up to be disapointed if ure not planning on expecting things like this?

It's like paying for a strawberry sunday, knowing u are allergic to strawberry's, and then complaining it werent blue berry's.

@rapticore, sorry about that dude, i did not mean for this to be a QQ wipe thread, i just wanted to know how far the community would go to suport cryptic if they altured there initial view. I for one wil most likely keep playing because i expected things like this to happen.

@ambisinisterr no reason to be jesting about it sir, this thread is not a "please wipe" thread, as i explained in my initial post, sadly the initial responders couldent justify reading my post fully, and posted of-topic on it.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's not nice :/ was so hard get profession to 20, drop the anciet weapon set and now they will wipe in future :( I'm happy, i will get my 6100 zen back, but i don't know if i start again all from begin :( Was so long take profession to 20 whitout use bug/exploit, was sho hard do dungeon whitout exploit. We did all for nothing so. I hope they don't do the wipe for all the time the legal player spent here :/ Is a punch in the belly x.x
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That's not nice :/ was so hard get profession to 20, drop the anciet weapon set and now they will wipe in future I'm happy, i will get my 6100 zen back, but i don't know if i start again all from begin Was so long take profession to 20 whitout use bug/exploit, was sho hard do dungeon whitout exploit. We did all for nothing so. I hope they don't do the wipe for all the time the legal player spent here :/ Is a punch in the belly x.x

Dont be alarmed sir, they wil not wipe, i am just asking who would stand behind cryptic if they altured there stance on the mather and would.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    That's not nice :/ was so hard get profession to 20, drop the anciet weapon set and now they will wipe in future :( I'm happy, i will get my 6100 zen back, but i don't know if i start again all from begin :( Was so long take profession to 20 whitout use bug/exploit, was sho hard do dungeon whitout exploit. We did all for nothing so. I hope they don't do the wipe for all the time the legal player spent here :/ Is a punch in the belly x.x

Don't worry I don't think they will do a total wipe. It took me forever to level up one profession too. In fact almost took a month of everyday playing without resorting to bots and scripts.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    You should poll if you wanted a simple +1.

IF they refunded zen spent to $ i would be happy with a wipe. That way i could get my money back for this terrible game.

Yes because a poll will be COMPLETELY UNBIASED in the forums where only the fans visit or would bother with a poll.

Well Cryptic will most definate get the ****acular award for the launch of their game.

And don't try saying "But it's still beta." It's not, they take money, not doing a wipe, and are denying refunds... those will make it a launch by the public and it's jsut legal jargon and PR work to alliviate critical criticism. Course with this latest exploit debacle I don't see anyone giving Cryptic much merit anymore.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At this point I'm stating to expect that in three years we'll have some deep dark exploit
    (every game has one every once in a while) in which people will flood the forums with two comments:

"Wipe the game the economy is ruined."
    "This was reported in Alpha (No evidence supporting the claim) and was never resolved."

:)

OMG! You can tell the future!
    You get my +1 instead of the OP. ;)
    vatasha wrote: »

That is pretty much what my response would be too, PWE and Cryptic would get filed in the same drawer as NCSoft - with a big label of "Avoid at any cost", to the point where I wouldn't even read articles about any new game they came out with.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ambisinisterr no reason to be jesting about it sir, this thread is not a "please wipe" thread, as i explained in my initial post, sadly the initial responders couldent justify reading my post fully, and posted of-topic on it.

That is exactly what it is, except that you are trying to be civil in seeing if you can gather enough players to support your opinion in telling Cryptic that it'd be alright to waste the countless of hours so many people have already invested in the game.
    And for what purpose? Some kind of envy of the countless exploiters out there?
    I'll let you in on a little secret, even years from now, when the beta tag is long gone there will be some unethical jackasses that stumble onto an exploit and abuse the heck out of it before it's found - if you want to ensure that the game is exploit free, show your support to the Devs for taking measures against those people - instead of sneakily begging for everyone to get punished for the actions of a few.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    patching the game in the next 6 months

You think that Cryptic is planning such a long lifetime for this game? It's more of a Kleenex game. One week to level up, one week to search for endgame content. And then bye bye.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would stay after wipe.

I do think that a better poll should be made though, with Cryptic e-mailing each HotN, and Guardian, asking this question

"are you for or against, a wipe"

even if most said against, I would go with the flow... though I have been mostly "phoning it in" more and more, and loging in less and less, since I do believe a wipe is needed.

so I would play more with wipe than without, and I do belive the FtPers, shouldn't vote on it.

note: I do think each toon should also be given X AD/gold, for each day they was "active" giving a little reimbursement for time playing.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll stay and play.

I've alpha/beta tested for years,wipes don't scare me in the least,in fact I like fresh starts and usually play hardcore mode games with ladder resets,bring it on. =P
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    If there was a wipe? Without a doubt I would stop playing and play another game.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vatasha wrote: »

Same here, I think (and I did think about this for a while).

Actually I've been thinking about the whole model.

You know, with more industry veterans and indie studios trying to figure out how to give us great persistent worlds that aren't tied to a publisher's doomsday clock, it's made me think about a lot of the pitfalls in the genre; and I've realized, I've already drifted into "fool me twice" territory.

I subscribed to my first MMORPG in November 1997, and I primarily play MMORPG games, but the wisdom of experience has driven the stars out of my eyes; though I still love the genre, I know there are sociopathic corporate entities behind these magical worlds. The bonds we form here, the things we build, are either protected or endangered at their whim. Between Cryptic and Funcom and Turbine, I think these studios represent my final foray into the genre.

I believe better trends for persistent world games will begin to emerge onto the market in the next few years. I think devs at studios caught in the Great Meatgrinder have got to see the writing on the wall by now.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    manasiremanasire Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I would support wipe, but with reservations. Hopefully if wiped, the game would restart having been properly balanced, with any new content included, and most exploits/bugs removed - a good time to wipe, don't you think? This would mean you aren't simply treading old ground, but starting afresh with new challenges/races, builds etc. Obviously, all funds need to be refunded in whatever coin the receiver prefers. Personally, I haven't sunk any real cash into this game and won't until it leaves beta status, just makes sense to me. I like the game, but do think more depth is required for longevity. Anyway, +1 with reservations. Cheers all.
    A wise man learns more from a foolish question, than a fool learns from a wise answer.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That is exactly what it is, except that you are trying to be civil in seeing if you can gather enough players to support your opinion in telling Cryptic that it'd be alright to waste the countless of hours so many people have already invested in the game.
    And for what purpose? Some kind of envy of the countless exploiters out there?
    I'll let you in on a little secret, even years from now, when the beta tag is long gone there will be some unethical jackasses that stumble onto an exploit and abuse the heck out of it before it's found - if you want to ensure that the game is exploit free, show your support to the Devs for taking measures against those people - instead of sneakily begging for everyone to get punished for the actions of a few.

Like i mentioned before, i play for fun, i play self found and i entered this game expecting there would be bugs and exploits.
    And i am not trying to get a fanclub for "wipe it please" going on here. Im more interested in to seeing how many people would suport this game 6 months from now, including all the bugs and exploits (and hopefully there fixes)

So far it appears quite a lot of responders entered the game unaware to expect exploit/bugs and game inbalances.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Minor rollbacks like caturday is most you can count on.
    All the "wipe wipe wipe" doomsayers should get a high five. In the face. With a chair.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Minor rollbacks like caturday is most you can count on.
    All the "wipe wipe wipe" doomsayers should get a high five. In the face. With a chair.

OK that literally made me laugh out loud.

(Sorry wipey wipists. :o)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't appreciate if the past 6 weeks were wiped, and I really don't see the need for it. The AD/Z exchange rate is fine -- lower even than I expected after just about a month -- and that is the only relevant indicator of the economy's health. Those exploits don't have the impact that people believe or claim.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    I'd stay if they wiped, and I'll stay when they don't. The game is fun, and the economic impact of the exploits has already nearly vanished. In six months it'll be something only people from beta even remember happened.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm not gonna answer this because they are not gonna wipe the game.

But if hell freezes over and they do wipe it for whatever reason, you'll just have to find out my decision by then. But one major factor that will make me chose in between staying or leaving is what MMORPG I would switch to, if any! But even if there was no other MMORPG to switch to, would I be in the mood to start over at level 1 or just play some Xbox 360 games instead?

I dunno what I would do. TBH, I think most people who make threads and have an answer are just trolls. So many people claim they are quitting and leaving this game, but no one ever says to what! Are these people giving up gaming all together? Or is there some better MMORPG that I haven't heard of that NW quitters are all flocking over to?
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll support any measure they come up with that fixes the economy. No matter how drastic. I also feel strongly that all those that participate in exploiting game mechanics should be banned from the game forever. There is no excuse for it. It may be impossible to reimburse every player that has had to suffer, but it is possible to punish those who took advantage of the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Six months? The game would be dead.

And I would have no problem with it as long as they refund my money. Cash, not Zen.

This ^^^^

I've fully supported this game, but if they did what was suggested, they might as well just close it up and move on to something else.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Games developers went from trying to make classic games, made for gamers, to creating a 'product' that was only about making profit. Ive watched and seen this happen in the last 15 years, since eq1.

Greed.

Ive only played this game for 2 weeks. Leveled a gwf to 60, now in mostly purple t1/t2 gear.

If they wiped this game i dont think i would reroll. There just isnt enough end game to even call this an rpg. This game reminds me of pachinko.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    Games developers went from trying to make classic games, made for gamers, to creating a 'product' that was only about making profit. Ive watched and seen this happen in the last 15 years, since eq1.

Greed.

Ive only played this game for 2 weeks. Leveled a gwf to 60, now in mostly purple t1/t2 gear.

If they wiped this game i dont think i would reroll. There just isnt enough end game to even call this an rpg. This game reminds me of pachinko.

THIS. SO. MUCH. THIS

Seemingly the ideology has changed from

"make successful game, achieve financial success"

to

"make game that takes any measure to achieve financial return, declare game success"

I'm not insulting this game, I'm just stating an opinion based on what I've seen.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd be gone. A wipe would be a stupid overreaction to problems that aren't that significant.