test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Official Release Date?

xmarcoooxxmarcooox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is one thing that boggles me. When is the official release date of neverwinter? I have tried searching on google and the website but have not found any. If this is the case, would neverwinter be the same as those other games that have stayed Open Beta for more than 2 years just to avoid legal fees if they manage to screw things up? Don't get me wrong, I am just worried because I have been hearing Open beta this, Open Beta that and I have personally invested money in this game. I just want to know if this game will ever be officially released and when?
Post edited by xmarcooox on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    There is no Official Release Date yet.

When the game is deemed ready it will be moved out of Beta. :)
    However it will leave Beta.
  • vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Module 1 will come along the release or sooner, Moderator? Also, do we know what to expect in Module 1?
  • saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    I think it's more likely to be a scrap date than a release date
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I have no more information than you but I believe Andy stated that Module one will include another "ranged" class. :)
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xmarcooox wrote: »
    This is one thing that boggles me. When is the official release date of neverwinter? I have tried searching on google and the website but have not found any. If this is the case, would neverwinter be the same as those other games that have stayed Open Beta for more than 2 years just to avoid legal fees if they manage to screw things up? Don't get me wrong, I am just worried because I have been hearing Open beta this, Open Beta that and I have personally invested money in this game. I just want to know if this game will ever be officially released and when?

April 30th, 2013.

don' let anyone tell you different.

the real question is when will the Module 1 content update release?
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    April 30th, 2013.

don' let anyone tell you different.

the real question is when will the Module 1 content update release?

Can we not have this argument?
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »

There is nothing to argue, the game is live. Whether or not it is an official release is irrelevant in practice; it is just semantics.
  • xmarcoooxxmarcooox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the answers and please no argument. Nothing will come out of it. I just hope that the devs stay true and do release it as an official game. :)
  • masabooooooomasabooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    What does it change if they make official release?
    People(as i know) already leaving this game because of less end-game contents. Like my guild there were 100+ people playing about a month ago, but now i just only see less than 5...
    This is so sad.
    I think this game needs huge updates include new classes instead of official release or when official release.
    I'm playing this game since closed beta, but pretty sure I have nothing to do now. Just login for invoke and do some profession takes about 10min, and done.

Foundry is fun part I know, but we need more.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just find it highly suspicious that they chose to release new content into the pay store in a "beta". Pretty sure releasing stuff for people to buy places the game solidly in the "release" stage.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »

I'm not arguing.
    edited June 2013
    What does it change if they make official release?
    People(as i know) already leaving this game because of less end-game contents. Like my guild there were 100+ people playing about a month ago, but now i just only see less than 5...
    This is so sad.
    I think this game needs huge updates include new classes instead of official release or when official release.
    I'm playing this game since closed beta, but pretty sure I have nothing to do now. Just login for invoke and do some profession takes about 10min, and done.

Foundry is fun part I know, but we need more.

You can't hold a new game up and expect it to have the same amount of content as a game which has been out for years.
    Content will continue to come over time and of course The Foundry will continue to get updates and balance canges to provide fun gameplay as well. :)
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ambisinisterr (hehe I have to make sure I spell that right), I believe in Andy's State of the Game, it was hinted (punned rather) that the "ranged" class would be coming along during beta; and that the other mystery class (warlock ;P) is still further out.

Additionally, Module 1 will not be released inside the beta window. Andy recently told F2P.com in a podcast interview that Module 1 would be coming a couple months after official launch.

And "official launch" is of course a mystery. (The mock quotations are there just for you, semantics police. :p)

And finally. Don't rush them, people. You can't ridicule publishers for putting out half-baked games on one hand, and then whine about a slow-baking major patch for NW on the other.

Over the years I've learned to lean toward studios who stick to the idea that, "It'll be released when it's ready."
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Over the years I've learned to lean toward studios who stick to the idea that, "It'll be released when it's ready."

And I maintain that a game should not charge money for any of its products or services UNTIL it's released. I'm still suspicious, and until the game is officially launched, I'm not spending a dime.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • dahkohtlewdahkohtlew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they release it instead of calling it beta they then get even more flack for the exploit-a-thon that's been going on. I don't expect it anytime soon.

They can call it beta all they want , no wipes , charging for products , as many other gaming sites have pointed out , that's not beta by most folks definition.
  • dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uhhh...pretty sure the game was released a month ago. It just carries the "beta" moniker as a convenient excuse.
  • kyuvenkyuven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's so aggravating that people argue semantics about this...it's THEIR game we are playing FOR FREE. If they want to call it beta, it's beta.
    If you don't want to call it beta, don't call it beta. Just know that the people providing you entertainment FOR FREE disagree with you.
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I wish instead of making Neverwinter Online, they would have spent the time and effort in making Neverwinter Nights 3 instead.

Where MMOs are fun in many ways, single player games still have appeal to a lot of people.

This game has a lot of problems, it shouldn't even be in open beta right now.

I hope I'm wrong, but at this time I don't see this game ever really taking off. The Elder Scrolls Online will be coming out sometime in the near future and if this game doesn't do something now, there isn't going to be any hope for it.

This game needs someone on the forums and in customer support 24/7. It needs to do something about the chat system in game, it needs to do something about bots and any other cheater. If someone is caught using or posting an exploit or hack, then that person needs to be permanently banned from all PWE games at the highest possible level.

Once this game is released, it should be started out from the start, meaning a full system wipe. Everyone that spent money in the open beta stage should have their accounts credited with the amount they have spent.

One of the simple bugs that should have already been fixed is the ingame calendar. If anyone has noticed the calendar is basically right on the day of the week and date but it shows the month name, Currently we are in the month of June, but ingame it shows May, last month when it was May, it showed April. I've reported this over three weeks ago, I've even made a bug topic on it, but it has gone unfixed. To me, this game isn't going to succeed simply because they don't care enough about the game to fix minor issues that only take 5 minutes to fix.

The reason PWE isn't a member of the BBB is because they can't do it, their services are so poor they would never be able raise their score above their current F rating. The fact is, companies don't need to be a member of the BBB to have a good rating, all that's required is to provide good service. Which, lets face it, PWE does not have. Sadly, I have yet to see PWE fix any issue in this game that doesn't affect their income. They don't care about their customers, they only care about their income. When it gets to the point of them losing income, then they will take action on fixing the minor bugs.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    One of the simple bugs that should have already been fixed is the ingame calendar. If anyone has noticed the calendar is basically right on the day of the week and date but it shows the month name, Currently we are in the month of June, but ingame it shows May, last month when it was May, it showed April. I've reported this over three weeks ago, I've even made a bug topic on it, but it has gone unfixed. To me, this game isn't going to succeed simply because they don't care enough about the game to fix minor issues that only take 5 minutes to fix.

And how do you know exactly how long it would take to fix that issue? Are you a systems engineer? Have you seen the code? No? Then I would highly suggest you refrain from making assumptions about things you know nothing about. Do you even know how many TPS reports need to be filed for every single change to a software product's codebase?

Fact is, three weeks is barely enough time for a quality assurance cycle, let alone an in-depth code review. I would not at all be surprised if your bug was marked as non-critical and pushed to the very bottom of the developer's todo list. Why would you work on fixing a wrong date on a calendar that effects gameplay in no way whatsoever, when there are game breaking auction house bugs and exploits to fix?
  • planartardsplanartards Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    It will be whenever they feel they can get away with calling it a live release and not get smashed. Whenever they get the majority of the big game breaking bugs, exploits, glitches taken care of. Now it's just, oh well, it's Beta!!!1!!11! HEHE YOU BELIEVE IT RIGHT?? RIGHT?? MONEY?!!!?!!

Don't be dumb guys :o
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
    Don't be a fool, Open Beta with working cash shop=Live Release
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kyuven wrote: »
    It's so aggravating that people argue semantics about this...it's THEIR game we are playing FOR FREE. If they want to call it beta, it's beta.
    If you don't want to call it beta, don't call it beta. Just know that the people providing you entertainment FOR FREE disagree with you.

And they should know that nearly their entire consumer base disagrees with them.

It's wrong to charge money during a beta.

What if you want to respec? It's bad enough that costs money but its even worse that the feats and skills you'll be speccing into are potentially broken.

Because it's in "beta."

They're hiding behind the moniker. No doubt.
    They could just as easily held more closed betas and with all the games PWE has at the moment, there's NO reason to charge a dime during an open one.

Not to mention it was only a couple weeks ago PWE actually managed to list NWO as "OB" on their website.

What did they change it from?

............It was listed as "LIVE." O.o
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its going to be next year sometime i would say april 30 2014
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    About a month ago.
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    And how do you know exactly how long it would take to fix that issue? Are you a systems engineer? Have you seen the code? No? Then I would highly suggest you refrain from making assumptions about things you know nothing about. Do you even know how many TPS reports need to be filed for every single change to a software product's codebase?

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Actually, you are the one making the assumptions. I've been working on systems (including servers) since 1987, probably longer than you have been alive.

But to answer most of your questions, the answer is; Yes, the only one I can say no to is the one about seeing their code, but as you should know if you are a programmer, isn't a big issue.