test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review Req (Humor, Story) Bring out yer Dead

2»

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vuelhering wrote: »
    oortexplorer, that pinning by the cart was a drag ... I haven't found any way to cause objects to actually fall, so there was no way to make the catapult launch stuff at you and fall down. So, using a timer hack I just have objects "appear" on the ground, although NPCs and monsters do actually fall (and take damage!). For the larger stuff like the ship (at the end), I put a river of lava under it, so if it falls on you, well... you die. Thanks for testing it, and I apologize for that happening. I'm not sure what I can do about it.

mllebean, awesome to hear and thanks for playtesting it and giving feedback. I'll totally test yours out later.

I ran into the issue of untargetable Patsy once, and I moved him a little. I think I might be able to just make the table fall on him upright, and that might fix it. I'll do some tests.

I'll look into moving the respawn point. You can complete the map with only a single fight, or you can have a LOT of fighting if you really want, with monsters potentially falling on you every 6-10 seconds :)

Chopping off the legs of the black knight was difficult... took me a LONG time to figure out. Basically, he's just below ground level, and I added a level a few feet above which you can walk on. That was the only way I could get rid of his stubby legs. Having him get stuck and not be able to move was a fortuitous side effect! If you're a CW and choke-grip him, he gets loose and waddles after you :)

The only way I could get rid of his arms was to make them really small, and increase the size of his shoulders which caused his armor to kind of overshadow it.

But all of this have the side effect of awesome hilarity :P I was very much amused by it all lol
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just trimmed 400 elements, in order to populate the area a bit better... Still, that's not a ton of stuff to work with!

I plan on fixing all the issues I've uncovered from feedback. Thanks again.

Things I'm working on: populate the area better, fix patsy & the table once and for all. Make encounters a little bit more interesting... not a ton, but a little :)

edit: btw, I've gotten some really nice reviews. Thanks a ton! I think if I can tighten up just a few smaller issues, it'll be a solid 5-star FQ.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    New publish out!

Looks pretty good... If you've run it earlier, you might try it again. Sounds help a bit, and I majorly trimmed the forest to reclaim enough details to make it feel more dense.

At this point, I'm going to have to call it done and start work on my next project.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo